Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Megadeth vs Metallica. The battle lives on.  (Read 2818 times)

fsjm2112

Megadeth vs Metallica. The battle lives on.
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:53:32 pm »
I was searching Youtube for a live version of a Megadeth song. Let's just say I realized this wasn't them after a few seconds..

I personally like both bands but prefer Megadeth. Mostly because of their songwriting and technicality. Who do you prefer? And Why?

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Megadeth vs Metallica. The battle lives on.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 12:02:53 am »
Megadeth put this on one of their album, it tips the scale in their favour:

"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

fsjm2112

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 12:07:10 am »
Pretty Awesome find! I've never heard this before.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 12:08:41 am »
Metallica
A nova geração.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:09:10 am »
Pretty Awesome find! I've never heard this before.

They only released this cover in Japan.

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:21 am »

I try not to give one band an edge over the other... But I really love both bands. if Dave Mustaine wasn't fired from Metallica, then this wouldn't be an topic of discussion. But I'm glad Dave was a part of both bands, so there for, I'm glad both bands exist (I personally would like both bands to tour together)... Dave being in Metallica help give that band a dominant presence and an identity (being thrash pioneers), but once he was out of Metallica, it gave birth to another great thrash band, that also gave a jazz sound to thrash metal, and a bit different to what Metallica was doing. Even though I love more Metallica songs than Megadeth's. I'm still glad to say that I'm a big fan of both bands.   :323232   
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Karla

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 06:50:22 pm »
I was a Metallica fan when Master of Puppets was their latest album, shortly before 'And Justice for All' came out which was in sorely need of proper editing and remixing. The very first thing I ever bought from Metallica was their Garage Days re-revisited EP which I found in the bargain bin in a high street shop. I bought Megadeth's Rust In Peace somewhere about the same time but wasn't that enthused by it. Like Anthrax is just seemed to be fizzy guitar noise. Metallica's black album was good, albeit not Metallica, but I never bothered listening to any of their albums after that because they had clearly got so far up their own orifice by that time.

Ride the Lightning is the best thrash album, although I also quite like Slayer's South of Heaven.

I sold all my Metallica vinyl to some kid at school who collected it. I had a picture disc 12 inch single of Creeping Death which was pretty cool. Then I bought loads of classical music.

Offline Rockingnature

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 08:18:50 pm »
I was a Metallica fan when Master of Puppets was their latest album, shortly before 'And Justice for All' came out which was in sorely need of proper editing and remixing.

I thought "... And Justice For All" was quite unique. It was more darker, it dove more in to social lyrics. Musically was way heavier, and I though the time changes on every song were very extreme but fun and interesting to listen. Its not Metallica's best album because of the bass it seemed that it was left out. "Master of Puppets" I think was their best album, as far as having best all around songs through out the album, and being consistent. Although I think their best song and my favorite of all time was Fade to Black.

Megadeth's best albums.... well its tough to decide. "Peace Sells... But who's Buying?" had a very thrashy feel, while being musically great. It was a great combo of thrash with harmonies. "Rust in Peace" might have been their best. It wasn't all  high speed like their sophomore album was. It was a good mix of low, mid, and high tempo songs with great detailed harmonies, solos that were off the chart, and that gave to me a jazz like sound, while keeping it a bit heavy. The bass and drums were impeccable, and Daves vocal skills were much improved over previous records.   :323232

fsjm2112

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 01:55:27 am »
I think I lean more towards Megadeth because of their song writing. I used to like Metallica much more but after listening to all of Megadeth's work, I definetly prefer them.

Offline Rockingnature

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 03:33:34 am »
I think I lean more towards Megadeth because of their song writing. I used to like Metallica much more but after listening to all of Megadeth's work, I definetly prefer them.

Well I think they play different styles of metal. Both started playing thrash, but ever since they went to different directions. I can't say I like one more than the other because I respect both musically, creatively, and for what they have accomplished and for what they did respectively for the genre. I respect the musical roads they both took, because they both were brave enough to knock down the stigma that metal can be sometimes of only being just one sided or one dimension (Like maybe Slayer can be). I love both bands, what can I say.  :234567  \m/

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:11 am »
metallica .......
nude is natural

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 02:34:27 pm »
Like both but if I had to choose between one of them it would be Metallica because they were the next heavy metal band (after Black Sabbath turned me onto the genre) that I heard that sealed the deal for me being a metalhead.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline softynude

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 12:08:29 am »
megadeth  :e4444
*“Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.”

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 12:12:33 am »
My vote goes to the band that never thought suing his fans was a good idea. :)