Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: As Hiper Mulheres (The Hyper Women)  (Read 806 times)

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
As Hiper Mulheres (The Hyper Women)
« on: April 20, 2013, 02:15:12 pm »
Yesterday (April 19th) was celebrated here in Brazil the Indian Day, a (small) celebration for the original inhabitants of our country.

So, I'll recommend a movie, one of the best documentaries I've watched in theaters last year. And it features one of our largest remaining tribes, set in Alto Xingue, in the State of Mato Grosso.

As Hiper Mulheres (The Hyper Women)

Synopsis: Fearing the death of his elderly wife, an old man asks his nephew to make the Jamurikumalu, the biggest female ritual of the Alto Xingu (MT), for her to sing one last time. So, the women of the group start the rehearsals, while the only singer of the tribe that knows all the songs is very ill.

Trailer:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a very unique movie, because it deals with a lot of themes like nudity, sexuality and feminism from an indigenous perspective.
Unfortunately, it's the kind of movie that'll only watch in festivals (even around here), but if you come up with this rare opportunity, grab it.
A nova geração.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Re: As Hiper Mulheres (The Hyper Women)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 03:56:21 pm »
That looks very interesting. Its a shame we don't see more movies like that mainstream.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:04:31 pm »
That looks very interesting. Its a shame we don't see more movies like that mainstream.

Yeah...there's a whole world of movies that hardly get a theatrical release, and have to live within the festival circuits (for only few people to watch them).
A nova geração.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 01:16:41 am »

Yeah...there's a whole world of movies that hardly get a theatrical release, and have to live within the festival circuits (for only few people to watch them).

I don't think I would ever of seen Act Naturally if wasn't for the link in the thread here. I've never seen it in the theatres or an sale anywhere here in UK. There's so many other movies that we miss out on.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.