Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Males vs females  (Read 18923 times)

natureboy1776

Re: Males vs females
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 11:06:01 am »
Maybe I'm just loud enough that I seem like a bunch of people :L

You and Danee!  :tongue:

"Silence is GOLDEN, but duck tape is SILVER"   

Offline Bradythedog

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2013, 05:17:09 pm »
I'm deeply shocked to see Danee having textiles on her body... even metaphorically. Dis- :e4444

Isn't duct tape a part of fashion?  :63424   And, I talk too much sometimes. I admit it (not gossip)

Hey Danee,
The Duct tape looks good but I wouldn't want to have to take it off some of the regions it seems to be covering. Ouch!

Offline Billy

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2013, 05:22:31 pm »
I agree, I hate to pull a small bandaid

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »
It's interesting that although male nudity is considered more "threatening" or "obscene" in mainstream society, men are more likely to be naturists than women. Nude women have been the object of art for thousands of years, yet they seem to be greatly outnumbered in the FKK movement.

It seems like naturism for either gender generally still carries a social stigma. What is more the problem is that women have been conditioned to believe that their nude body is supposed to be sexually pleasing for men and perfectly proportioned (according to Western standards of beauty), and is also inherently shameful.  This certainly manifests itself in women's reluctance to be nude around men, but I think that women uphold these ridiculous standards amongst other women as well.

As a naturist individual, I believe that true naturism seeks to break down the boundaries that society has erected between man and woman, majority and minority, young and old, etc. Over time, I am confident that the naturist movement will attract more and more diverse groups of people to it, including women who realize that naturism is intended to be a safe space in which society's standards for nude bodies hold no value.     
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 10:30:13 pm »
It's interesting that although male nudity is considered more "threatening" or "obscene" in mainstream society, men are more likely to be naturists than women. Nude women have been the object of art for thousands of years, yet they seem to be greatly outnumbered in the FKK movement.

It seems like naturism for either gender generally still carries a social stigma. What is more the problem is that women have been conditioned to believe that their nude body is supposed to be sexually pleasing for men and perfectly proportioned (according to Western standards of beauty), and is also inherently shameful.  This certainly manifests itself in women's reluctance to be nude around men, but I think that women uphold these ridiculous standards amongst other women as well.

As a naturist individual, I believe that true naturism seeks to break down the boundaries that society has erected between man and woman, majority and minority, young and old, etc. Over time, I am confident that the naturist movement will attract more and more diverse groups of people to it, including women who realize that naturism is intended to be a safe space in which society's standards for nude bodies hold no value.     

It is not that we are outnumbered, it is that we are less open about it perhaps.  One only has to see tumblrs of real naturism to see we are not outnumbered. 

sent I've joined It seem like it was more guys then girls that welcome me to the site, but as some new topics come up I see more girls making commites, I think that there are still more guys but I am starting to see the girls come up :56789

We are here!  And again, welcome!

-D
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Bradythedog

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 03:03:19 pm »
I agree with Danee,
I do not think women are outnumbered by men in naturism.
Given that the male nude and the female nude can be considered artistic under certain circumstances, society tends to place derogatory and slanderous labels on nude women.
Example, Danee and I are photographed totally  nude; neither in an artistic situation; perhaps at a pool party.

Anti-nudists might use the term wierd of something towards me; towards a female, they might use a term like slut or some other derogatory statement of a sexual devient towards the woman. yet, we are both in the same situation and both in the exact state of undress.

I don't blame women for not being as open about their participation as naturists.
Every nudist situation I have been in has had approximately equal distribution of men and women.
I would like to see every young naturist take their children to naturist events and have them participate. I have found naturist young people to be more informed and better adjusted than textile children.

It's up to us to change things.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2013, 03:42:48 am »
As for the photos that are posted on sites like tumblr and such, most photographers, both nude and textile, are more apt to take photos of women because they are more wanted than the pictures of men.

Sure but in the background there's always lots of women. European beaches look to be about 50/50.

Karla

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2013, 06:02:27 am »
We've just come back from the Newt (Naked European Walking Tour)

http://www.naktiv.net/newt/2013/index.html

Out of a group of 21 people, 5 were women and that was a good haul this year. There was only one other woman that I could talk to though because all the others spoke different languages. Oh to be fluent in German, Italian and French.

You do need to be comfortable being naked in public to go on a Newt though, which makes it more difficult for most women to join, not least because of the photography. The idea is that you can't go along because you've seen lots of photos of people walking in the Alps and then object to being seen in the same kind of photos when you come along. If nothing else it would be really difficult to sort out group photos which only showed people who did not mind being photographed.  I fully understand that but I do fear that it makes the holiday less appealing to women who might want to come along but don't want to lose control over photos taken of them.

Although it doesn't help, I don't think it's the photos that really determine whether women come along or not. I think it all comes down to whether there are women already there. For example, I was invited along to a naked bowling event by the organiser of the Newt and I was the only woman there even though it was a private function. Another woman eventually came along accompanying her husband and she often came along but she never got naked. I have no intention of returning. A previous year a female journalist came on the Newt to do a documentary but being the only woman that year she never actually got naked herself, whereas this year there was a female film studies student making a documentary on a group that included 4 other women and she did get naked.

It's the same problem with the landed clubs. The fewer young people that are there the more difficult it becomes to attract young people. The fewer women there are at an event, the fewer that return or will be willing to be naked. This is a self fuelling problem really and the cause of it probably could be traced back to the fact that we live in a society that judges women on their appearance.

nudistguy97

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2013, 01:32:50 pm »
I'm deeply shocked to see Danee having textiles on her body... even metaphorically. Dis- :e4444

:3145
Haha, I thought the same thing about you Danee! I didn't think you knew what clothes are! (joke!)

Offline Pamm Ford

• Fully Dressed
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 12:15:13 pm »
I do agree with you all! I think nudism is becoming more accepted and those of us that were only nude at home are venturing out to resorts and beaches.

Offline Jimmy

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 02:51:26 am »
No offense to us guys, but girls are usually more fun to talk to haha

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 09:06:03 am »
There are some new girls, indeed. And the mods definitely do their job checking it. They can only do so much, but they are always keeping an eye on anything fishy.
Make every second count.

comporta

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 10:35:08 am »
We've just come back from the Newt (Naked European Walking Tour)

http://www.naktiv.net/newt/2013/index.html

Out of a group of 21 people, 5 were women and that was a good haul this year. There was only one other woman that I could talk to though because all the others spoke different languages. Oh to be fluent in German, Italian and French.

Great landscape, Karla. I'm jealous!

beachpuppy

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 07:11:16 pm »

Great landscape, Karla. I'm jealous!

Totally agree! Reminds me of an amazing day hike in the French Alps I went on with a mate...and by the way, comporta, get your ass to London for that weekend :)

luvthemgiants

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 08:19:14 pm »
as long as all the new members are genuine then it can only be a good thing. I have always been in male dominated naturist environments, would be great to level the playing field in terms of numbers.

plus it will hopefully lead to less dick threads, which is even better  :345678