Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Tea Drinking Appreciation Socitey.  (Read 31741 times)

naturallynude

Tea Drinking Appreciation Socitey.
« on: April 26, 2013, 06:11:16 am »
Anyone here like the dry leaves boiled in water. I don't mind either tea or coffee although lately it has just been tea as the favourite hot beverage of choice. Do any of you lot have a personel favourite blend etc.

I'm trying not to be a stereotypical Brit who talks about tea here.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Re: Tea Drinking Appreciation Socitey.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 06:51:02 am »
I did like tea but unfortunately I'm not allowed caffeine anymore so I don't get to enjoy the real stuff. I really miss Yorkshire Tea. I still drink the flavored stuff on occasion though, so long as there is no caffeine. Peppermint is my favorite
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:08:56 pm »
I tried, but I just hate tea.
A nova geração.

naturallynude

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »
I do like Earl Grey myself.

Offline nackerpatzi

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 04:36:37 pm »
Not only dried leaves I also like tea made of herbs and bark like Lapacho or Mate

Karla

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:48:06 pm »
For the last year and a half I've been drinking nothing but red bush tea (Rooibos). A pot of about 4 or 5 mugs will last me a day. I let the tea stew all the time and heat it up in the microwave with some honey. I like it really dark. Although I've started to grow slightly bored of it even though I buy it mixed with several different flavours. I can't find a substitute. I did buy some Twinnings liquorice tea last time I was in the UK and really grew to enjoy the nutty flavour when the tea bags were left in for the same amount of time. Unfortunately I can't find liquorice tea in Germany. If it's used at all then it's part of some weird spicy tea normally involving cinnamon.

Some scientists once raised dart frog tadpoles in red bush tea to avoid fungal diseases during a study. If I stew normal herbal tea for a couple of days then it will end up with something growing in it, but not with red bush tea.

I also stay away from caffeine.

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:01:22 pm »
I drink sweetened Earl Grey all the time. Not much to say about it really, but whether hot or cold, I enjoy the taste.
Karla, what I sometimes do is toss some liquorice candy into my tea.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

naturallynude

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34:00 pm »
My mum had some Rose and Hibiscus tea once that you had to put actual dried flowers into a pot. She got it off her Japanese friend whilst I got sake.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 11:20:32 pm »
Yes.

Orange Pekoe and Chamomile.

:65

Offline Normabq

• Namaste
  • Casually Dressed
  • Greetings from America
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 05:00:02 am »
I love tea. I have recently quit drinking coffee and switched to tea. My favorite is Masala Chai. I make it the traditional way with fresh ground herbs and milk and honey with loose Assam tea. I also love jasmine, green tea, white tea, and good old fashioned black tea.
May all beings be happy and peaceful

nerdynudist

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 05:07:26 am »
I love earl Grey

hangnaked81

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 02:33:54 pm »
I've been drinking more loose teas lately. In the past, I've typically drunk Early Grey and English Breakfast (when I need a bit more of a caffeine jolt), but lately I've been trying more white teas.

mancomb

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 03:57:04 pm »
I drink tea a lot, I bought my mum some rose tea for her birthday which is amazing but I had some Assam rose milk tea at a Chinese dumpling place recently and that would be my favourite tea I've ever had, the only downside is that it's very easy to drink it super quickly and then you have to get more.  I'm also not sure how to make it so I'll have to keep going back there.

comporta

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 04:18:26 pm »
Mostly white tea. I know that for a lot of people it seems that it has no real flavour but I pretty enjoy that smoothness...

david85

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 05:44:16 am »
Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

I've also recently got into Lapsang Souchong. It's smoked, so it has the most unique taste and aroma. It reminds me of going camping.

Genmaicha is quite nice too. It's green tea mixed with roasted rice.

As for the herbal varieties, I love roiboos, chamomile, mint, and this blend made from toasted almonds, which turns the water pink as it steeps.