Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: More than half of women HATE the sight of their naked bodies  (Read 5672 times)

Nudielad

Found this article today in the paper:

More than half of women HATE the sight of their naked bodies (and the nation's love lives are suffering as a result)

-Six out of ten women are uncomfortable looking at themselves naked
-Saggy tummy, untoned thighs and cellulite are biggest complaints
-Third of women's love lives suffered as result
-Want to lose 11 pounds to feel better about themselves in the bedroom

Many women have the odd qualm about undressing at the beach or in front of a partner. But a survey suggests the critical glance British women fear the most is their own.Six out of ten are uncomfortable with looking at themselves naked, a poll claims – compared to just four out of ten who worry about what their partner thinks. A quarter of those surveyed went so far as to refuse to own a full-length mirror because they don’t like what they see, while four out of ten said they ‘avoid mirrors altogether’.Researchers polled 2,000 women for Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness Clubs, asking them which body areas they were unhappy with. ‘All the anxieties women have listed such as stretch marks, saggy tummies and wobbly bits are all part and parcel of getting older and having children.’
A third of women polled said their love life had suffered because of their concerns with their body.

And while 80 per cent thought men tended to look better naked, a quarter said they would feel less worried about themselves if their partner was overweight and had a few hang-ups of his own.

On average women want to lose 11 pounds in order to feel better about themselves in the bedroom, the study found.

And a forlorn 15 per cent felt their partner's affections had dwindled as they got older and put on weight.

If they knew they were going to have to be in a state of undress either on the beach or in a changing room nearly half of women said they would try and lose a few pounds beforehand and one in ten said they would fake tan to give the illusion of looking thinner.
One in twenty exfoliate and 48 per cent make sure they are fuzz free before baring all, while a more courageous 15 per cent said they just take a deep breath and get on with it.

Exactly half of those polled said no woman is ever happy with her body in its naked form although 34 per cent said lots of women ooze confidence.
An undecided 15 per cent said it depended entirely on whether a female had had children as to whether she would be body conscious.
Over a third of women admitted their body was not that bad but felt they suffered from lack of confidence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2320675/More-half-women-HATE-sight-naked-bodies-nations-love-lives-suffering-result.html#ixzz2SixJrPtA

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: More than half of women HATE the sight of their naked bodies
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:57:08 am »
its a shame  and seems to be more and more pressure on how you should look.
nude is natural

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:25:56 pm »

Women, no matter what shape they are in, I think they are such a wonderful sight to look and appreciate at. Variety is the spice of life... So, why would all women wan't to look all the same... "perfect"? I'm sorry, but that is BS. not being perfect, is perfectly enough for me. the natural look is what makes the human body such a wonderful mystery and makes it a lot more interesting and attractive. a true work of art given by nature. But I guess here is another poison that the media has infected on pop culture, and another example that the media controls the masses. Such upsetting results given on the survey, on this article.    :0988   :undecided:
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Nudielad

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:59:11 pm »
Totally agree, the human body in it's natural form is perfect. No such thing as a perfect body, you have what you have and you should be proud of what you have, and yes as said by nudistmexman it is a true work of art that never ceases to amaze. Can't believe that so many women in the UK have such low self esteem about their bodies, I'm sure that this is a worldwide problem.

I was shocked to see this article in the paper and just had to stop and read it, I'm fortunate enough to know a women who is completely satisfied with what she is and has no hang-ups at all about herself  and she is also the love of my life.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 12:06:46 am »
Totally agree, the human body in it's natural form is perfect. No such thing as a perfect body, you have what you have and you should be proud of what you have, and yes as said by nudistmexman it is a true work of art that never ceases to amaze. Can't believe that so many women in the UK have such low self esteem about their bodies, I'm sure that this is a worldwide problem.

I was shocked to see this article in the paper and just had to stop and read it, I'm fortunate enough to know a women who is completely satisfied with what she is and has no hang-ups at all about herself  and she is also the love of my life.

:e4444
nude is natural

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 02:47:56 am »
:sad: It sad that women have to feel that way

Men feel likewise.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Nudielad

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 03:02:16 pm »

Men feel likewise.

I doubt many men feel uncomfortable with their bodies compared to the number of females who feel some sort of comfortableness with themselves. 

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 03:05:51 pm »

Men feel likewise.

I doubt many men feel uncomfortable with their bodies compared to the number of females who feel some sort of comfortableness with themselves.

:3145 But I do think the number of men with this problem is rapidly increasing.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

channel

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 03:22:18 pm »
Does it really matter what you look like?!

Get naked, have fun, live healthy and who knows you may just grow to love your body more!

Working for me . . . since being a  naturist I feel I know 'me' so much better both mentally and physically.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 04:14:12 pm »

I don't think the gap is *that* large. It's simply taboo to publicly worry about it for men.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Waytwofast

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Hi, I'm David :)
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 07:19:08 pm »
I believe this is where Nudism and Naturism could help incredibly. Nudism emphasis freedom and liberty, but it also emphasises self-confidence. Self-confidence, breeds happiness and happiness breeds a good life.

I find it sad that our culture through advertising and TV mostly has caused female self-confidence to plummet. Male self-confidence is also low, and I believe it has something to do the culture.

I can only speak for the US, where I've grown up, but the culture and behavior of the people around me made nudism not something to be tried. I remember when I was in high school one of the requirements was to get changed into a jogging outfit or shorts. I and a lot of my friends would dread the class because some students in the class felt it fun to steal peoples stuff or hide their stuff so that they were made to be embarrassed. I've heard many stories like this and I think its sad that this type of thing occurs, and isn't dealt with.

I hope that our culture will change, to where we are all more open and have more self-confidence. I want my future children to have an absolute self-confidence. Not to be worried about whether they're too big or too small, whether their privates are too small or too big, just let people be themselves, and build their self-confidence.

I believe the first step in all this as a never been married guy, but a very religious guy is to tell your daughters how beautiful they are, and tell your sons how amazing they are. Make them feel loved, and they will seek that same thing.

They say that daughters date their fathers... as in girls will find boys that are like their dads, if their dads suck, then their boy friend will suck too. But enough rambling :) 
Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus
(Do What's Right, Come What May)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 11:04:05 pm »

More than half of women HATE the sight of their naked bodies (and the nation's love lives are suffering as a result)

Many women have the odd qualm about undressing at the beach or in front of a partner. But a survey suggests the critical glance British women fear the most is their own.Six out of ten are uncomfortable with looking at themselves naked, a poll claims – compared to just four out of ten who worry about what their partner thinks. A quarter of those surveyed went so far as to refuse to own a full-length mirror because they don’t like what they see, while four out of ten said they ‘avoid mirrors altogether’.Researchers polled 2,000 women for Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness Clubs, asking them which body areas they were unhappy with. ‘All the anxieties women have listed such as stretch marks, saggy tummies and wobbly bits are all part and parcel of getting older and having children.’
A third of women polled said their love life had suffered because of their concerns with their body.

And while 80 per cent thought men tended to look better naked, a quarter said they would feel less worried about themselves if their partner was overweight and had a few hang-ups of his own.

On average women want to lose 11 pounds in order to feel better about themselves in the bedroom, the study found.

And a forlorn 15 per cent felt their partner's affections had dwindled as they got older and put on weight.

If they knew they were going to have to be in a state of undress either on the beach or in a changing room nearly half of women said they would try and lose a few pounds beforehand and one in ten said they would fake tan to give the illusion of looking thinner.
One in twenty exfoliate and 48 per cent make sure they are fuzz free before baring all, while a more courageous 15 per cent said they just take a deep breath and get on with it.

Exactly half of those polled said no woman is ever happy with her body in its naked form although 34 per cent said lots of women ooze confidence.
An undecided 15 per cent said it depended entirely on whether a female had had children as to whether she would be body conscious.
Over a third of women admitted their body was not that bad but felt they suffered from lack of confidence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2320675/More-half-women-HATE-sight-naked-bodies-nations-love-lives-suffering-result.html#ixzz2SixJrPtA

An Australian mother in Adelaide is looking to combat women's poor body image paradigms by launching this website: http://www.bodyimagemovement.com.au  - I wrote to her a few days ago congratulating her on the site, so if/when she responds I can tell her about this forum.  :)
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 02:08:20 am »

An Australian mother in Adelaide is looking to combat women's poor body image paradigms by launching this website: http://www.bodyimagemovement.com.au  - I wrote to her a few days ago congratulating her on the site, so if/when she responds I can tell her about this forum.  :)

:sad: to see those Dario,and great to see the Adelaide mothers helping to combat this.
nude is natural

Petrucio1983

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 02:41:05 pm »
This reminds me of a video that I saw some time ago. Women were asked to describe how they looked to an artist who would draw them, and then someone else would describe to the artist how the woman looked .
In most of the cases, how the women described themselves would be less accurate than how someone else would describe them. This came from the original women having a lower opinion of themselves than those around them. If I'm remembering it correctly.