Naturist Resources > Magazines

Camping Croatia!

<< < (2/5) > >>

elnudio:
Thanks for the great reply.  I actually would love to go next summer, it all really depends on whether I do go to USA(and/or)Canada trip next summer.

I found when reading more about naturism in Croatia that Split and further north was great for resorts as well as beaches. I quite like the idea of camping nude and spending a considerable amount of my time clothes free when on my holiday.  So if you have any suggestions on places to go that may accomodate that I'd really love to hear them.

Ed:
Well, Koversada's the famous one but I've not been. The first time we went to Hvar, my girlfriend and I stayed in Jelsa - the nearest other town was Vrboska, and there's a nude campsite there with its own beach. We didn't stay at the campsite, although it looked good, but you can just hop over the wall onto the beach from the main section, which we did. There was a decent mix of ages at the campsite and on the beach, and in the bay a few hundred metres out is the island of Zečevo, which is a tiny nude island. You can hire kayaks or windsurfing boards on the main beach right next to the wall, which make it easy to reach the island, or you could swim if you're a strong swimmer - there aren't really any current or tides to speak of. You should obviously think long and hard before doing any deepwater swimming, though!

Also, every beach is great for skindiving :)

Lastly, you can hire bikes from most towns. We hired bikes in Jelsa and cycled through Vrboska, across the Stari Grad plain (oldest continuously-farmed land on the planet, evidence of organised agriculture dates back to the Neolithic) into Stari Grad itself. While we were cycling through the plain (across the back roads through the actual UNESO Heritage bit) we didn't see another person, so you could probably go for a nude bike ride through the plains without any problems. Hopping off the beaten track for a picnic wouldn't be a problem either :)

elnudio:
Great advice Ed. I'll definitely look into this again.  Croatia is very high up on my list of holiday destinations, and because I had to postpone this years holiday it is hard not to consider it for next summer...especially with it also being a cheap place to fly to.

Ed:
To be honest, if I ever win the lottery (unlikely until I start buying tickets, and even then only marginally less unlikely), Croatia's where I'd retire to :P

Flights are cheap, accommodation is cheap, transport is cheap, food is cheap (and delicious), weather's fantastic, scenery is incredible, people are very friendly. Can't recommend it highly enough :)

elnudio:
If everything is cheap, why would you need to win the lottery?  :cheesy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version