Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: World Cup 2014  (Read 23179 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
World Cup 2014
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:49:58 pm »
I know its a little early to be starting this thread just yet. But since Japan have just become the first team to qualify (other than the hosts Brazil) I thought it would be a good time to get everyone's predictions. Who do you think will win the World Cup? Who else will qualify, who wont make it, and do you have any dark horses that you believe could go a long way. I think it could be full of surprises, teams like Belgium and Japan could go long a way and upset some of the big teams. I think Brazil might just win with them being the hosts, though I think Germany will have the best team. It will be interesting if those two were to meet in the semi finals and give one of the smaller teams, such as Belgium, a chance to 'shock the world' and get to the final. I don't expect England to get very far (as much as it pains me to say it) maybe the quarter finals but no further than that.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline shorthop8

• Casually Dressed
  • Carpe diem, nude if possible.
  • Referrals: 0
Re: World Cup 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 05:44:18 am »
Wow, I'm surprised there aren't any replies here! I honestly see a lot of potential for the United States to make a huge impact in the upcoming World Cup. I don't expect them to win but I feel more confident than ever that we can go a long way. I think Brazil has the best chance of winning with the likes of Neymar, Paulinho and Fred leading them in attack, plus their home fans will be a huge advantage. I think the only way Spain can recover and challenge Brazil is to throw out the tiki-taka and adopt a more direct and attacking approach. Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it haha

Offline boris

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:28:26 am »
indeed. very early to say something about that. let's see who will qualify...
and after the draw for the group matches we can make better predictions.

but nevertheless the cup will be won by one of the big names!
deutschsprachiges (jugend)forum: board.fkk-web.com

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:17:34 am »
Something tells me that Germany will win it. I'd like Brazil to win it at home though.
Make every second count.

Offline iyoni

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:05:22 am »
I think it would be Germany, but I hope that it's either Brazil or one of the smaller non-favourites.

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:28:27 am »
It would be a dream to win at home, but the only reason I'd not want Brazil to win is people would forget all the problems and stop fighting for something better.
Make every second count.

Offline iyoni

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 10:06:26 am »
It would be a dream to win at home, but the only reason I'd not want Brazil to win is people would forget all the problems and stop fighting for something better.

"win at home"? Are you originally Brazilian? Will you attend any matches?

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 09:16:29 am »
Yes. I don't know yet, I'm analyzing the costs (which are by my predictions around $5000). Brazil is playing in my hometown on the group stages though.
Make every second count.

Offline Lemonfresh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 07:09:43 pm »
I would be happy if it would be Germany, but I would not put my money on this team.
I think it will be Spain again...  :huh:

Offline iyoni

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 08:14:26 pm »
Yes. I don't know yet, I'm analyzing the costs (which are by my predictions around $5000). Brazil is playing in my hometown on the group stages though.

5000 USD?! WTF?! How come it's so expensive?!

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 07:50:12 am »
Well, while right now round trip tickets cost $900 a piece ($1800 total), doing a little research during June or July they jump to staggering $1800 a piece. Add a couple tickets for $150 a piece, food, etc... Ouch
Make every second count.

Offline iyoni

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 08:11:32 am »
Well, while right now round trip tickets cost $900 a piece ($1800 total), doing a little research during June or July they jump to staggering $1800 a piece. Add a couple tickets for $150 a piece, food, etc... Ouch
How come the flight is so expensive?! A flight from Israel to Brazil costs around 1500-2000 USD round trip, so I've assumed a flight from the U.S. would be a lot cheaper.

Offline sevves

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 12:32:33 pm »
check the prices of hotels and flights before and during world cup. they are much higher than last summer when "nothing big" happened. domestic flights are up to 10x more expensive than usually. hotels as well adjusted their prices. the ticket to the game is one of the cheapest thing when travelling from abroad....

Jackthenudist

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 04:33:34 pm »
How come the flight is so expensive?! A flight from Israel to Brazil costs around 1500-2000 USD round trip, so I've assumed a flight from the U.S. would be a lot cheaper.

It's called "cashing in".

Offline iyoni

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 08:07:36 am »
check the prices of hotels and flights before and during world cup. they are much higher than last summer when "nothing big" happened. domestic flights are up to 10x more expensive than usually. hotels as well adjusted their prices. the ticket to the game is one of the cheapest thing when travelling from abroad....

I was referring to the price for a flight from Israel to Brazil on the relevant dates (11.06.14 - 25.06.14 for example) - it is about 1500 USD. That's why I'm so surprised a flight from USA to Brazil on about the same days would cost more...