Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: This is just silly.....  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
This is just silly.....
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:01:28 am »
Two young women in Brisbane decided to do a bike ride in just their underwear to a nightclub at night with no helmets, and no regard for the highway code.  Unlike the WNBR, the police were not informed about the event and the riders have come under fire from a few local nudists about it.

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: This is just silly.....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 02:03:06 am »
very stupid thing to do.
nude is natural

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:46:28 pm »

So what was this in aid of ? I can't seem to see any good reason for riding near enough to naked along one of the busiest roads in Brisbane that is usually full of commuters and trucks in the dark with no helmets and safety gear on, death wish and for no good reason apart from showing utter disregard for other road users with this sort of stupidity.

I think this comment just about sums it up. Also, the soundtrack is awful.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

N.M.S.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 08:39:04 pm »
Because the "music"(I use that term lightly) was so awful, I could only get through about 40 seconds of the video before I felt like my ears were going to start bleeding. But, music aside, this just seems like a horrible idea. From what the top comment said, it just looks like these girls are just asking to be hit.

natureboy1776

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 01:38:21 pm »
After turning off my speakers I watched the video and have no problem with what was done here. I don't see any unusual danger depicted.
So they did not wear helmets, they were crawling at a walking pace. Does anyone wear a helmet walking?
So they had no lights, they had a blocker car filming and stayed in the lights of the car.
So they were in a traffic lane upto four abreast. see above.
So they were alone at night. no traffic and see above.
The worst thing I would worry about here was a drunk guy leaping from the sidewalk to cop a feel and knocking them off their bikes and out of there lane.
Praise the local police for not bothering to give this minor stunt the time of day.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 05:21:10 pm »
This goes far beyond the realm of silly.

After turning off my speakers I watched the video and have no problem with what was done here. I don't see any unusual danger depicted.
So they did not wear helmets, they were crawling at a walking pace. Does anyone wear a helmet walking?

Entirely beside the point -- the law requires that they wear helmets.

So they had no lights, they had a blocker car filming and stayed in the lights of the car.

Entirely beside the point -- the law requires that they display lights.

So they were in a traffic lane upto four abreast. see above.

Entirely beside the point -- the law forbids this because it is unsafe for all.

So they were alone at night. no traffic and see above.

Entirely beside the point -- traffic laws are there for everybody's safety.  The fact that there was no crash or injuries was due to dumb luck, not to good management.

Praise the local police for not bothering to give this minor stunt the time of day.

I disagree.  I support their right to toplessness but I think that the police should have cited them for the several traffic violations.

Kids, don't try this at home . . . professional pea-brains on an open course.

But you're right about one thing, the music SUCKS!
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Nudielad

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 06:15:06 pm »
This is indeed a very stupid thing to do, even more stupid is to put it on Youtube for the whole world to see. I hope they get a call from the Police for the complete lack of respect for the rules of the road.

I would have loved to stop these people before they got hurt.