Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Triathlete disqualified for baring breasts  (Read 4144 times)

Offline DavidT

• Read-Only
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
Triathlete disqualified for baring breasts
« on: June 21, 2013, 02:34:56 pm »
Just came up on this post from the Irish Mirror:

By Garreth MacNamee

It's chest not fair: Woman booted off triathlon for baring boobs while getting changed

Mary Curran disqualified from triathlon for nudity while changing from her wetsuit

A woman was booted off a triathlon after baring her BOOBS during the gruelling challenge.

Mary Curran, 49, was disqualified from the swim, cycle and run last weekend as she changed from her wetsuit to her running gear.

When she got out of her gear, she had nothing underneath, bearing her breasts to the other athletes who were changing.

And she wasn’t the only one: men changing from the 750m swim into cycling/running gear were letting it all hang out.

Musician Mary said her chest was only on show for a maximum of 15 seconds – but it was enough for a marshal to wander over and flash a red card.

The devastated mum-of-two said she was shocked to be disqualified from the Westport, Co Mayo tournament, even though she completed all three events within the allotted times.

Mary was horrified to find she'd been DQd   

She told Joe Duffy on Liveline: “Well it’s something disappointing and shocking.

“Firstly, I would like to say that the Westport Mini Triathlon is a fantastic event. The organisers are superb and everyone is in great form down there.

“Unfortunately I was disqualified because my chest was visible.

“I was changing from swimming outfit into my running gear and I was kicked out for that.

“I was trying to get changed because the sea is very cold it was very difficult.

“I survived the swim and got out, took my wetsuit off, had my bathing suit off down to my waist, trying to dry myself.

“At that point one of the marshals took out a red card and told me I was out.

“I was disqualified because of nudity, he told me.”

But Ms Curran said that she wasn’t flaunting her body in a gratuitous way, rather she was trying to get changed fast.

She added: “ I have to explain, after the swim your hands are numb.

“It wasn’t a pre-planned way.

“It’s just you want to get changed as quickly as possible to get on with the event.”

And Mary said she was shocked she was the only one to be booted out even though there were men letting it all hang out.

She added: “I did see some male torsos and chest and one man’s backside but he wasn’t disqualified.

“The inequality seems ridiculous.”

Ms Curran, who is a musician by trade, said she was doing the gruelling challenge to set an example for her two daughters as well as giving herself a boost as she hits her 50th birthday later this week.

But last night, racing chiefs defended their decision, claiming that rules had been breached.

A spokesman for the event said: “According to Appendix K, point 33 of the rules, an athlete can be disqualified for nudity or indecent exposure.

“The same rules apply to everyone to make sure the race is fair and safe for everyone.”

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Triathlete disqualified for baring breasts
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:38:55 pm »
Time to update the rules I think. Patently Unfair.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 04:06:26 pm »
I agree.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 02:31:36 pm »
“The same rules apply to everyone to make sure the race is fair and safe for everyone.”

They were correct in their decision of course.  Her nipples would make it very unfair and totally unsafe. 

Fucking.ridiculous.
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 07:29:56 am »
Read Appendix K, Point 33 a number of times and the marshall was incorrect as the competitor was neither nude nor indecently exposed.

This is a case of an overly officious offical making up the rules based on what he or she seems to believe how the rules should be interpreted.

At any triathalon there are bums and boobs everywhere on the transition, particularly if they are getting out of a wetsuit.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

N.M.S.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 12:07:08 pm »
If the rule that got her kicked out pertained to nudity and "indecent" exposure, shouldn't the men have gotten kicked out too? She said they were "letting it all hang out" so I'm assuming that means they were nude. Not just bare chested.

Westernyelp

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 09:24:27 pm »
This is ridiculous. No more to be said really

Offline twiggie

• Manamana
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:35 pm »
That's bollocks! Let's go dunk the official in the cold sea and see how quickly he disrobes and dries off. Cold wet clothing isn't fun and could possibly cause hypothermia, getting naked and dry is the best way to warm up.
It's better to be naked with your friends, than clothed with your enemies.

fsjm2112

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 12:56:51 am »
Ridiculous! To me it's part of the triathlon. I'd rather someone be warm than freezing underneath their clothes. Unfortunately people can't handle seeing breasts in public. It's not a big issue but people are immature.