Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Man of Steel  (Read 724 times)

AndrewH

Man of Steel
« on: June 22, 2013, 07:11:52 pm »
I really enjoyed this movie! I love Zach Snyder's style of filmmaking and Henry Cavill was the perfect choice for Superman! However, even though you'd expect there to be lots of action scenes in a movie like this, the action in this one was almost nonstop. It became exhausting after a while. Also, there's a lot of collateral damage, whereas in the comics Superman's always very careful not to harm civilians when he's fighting the bad guys.

Ear plugs recommended.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Man of Steel
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:53:09 pm »
I really enjoyed it too. The handheld cam took some getting used to and the pacing was a bit odd, but then again I like films that take their time telling a story. I get the controversy surrounding the ending although I think it doesn't cheapen the character of the film's Superman any. I'm excited to see how they flesh him and the world around him out in a sequel.

As for the collateral damage, I think you just have to assume Supes was aware of whether or not any of those buildings he barreled through had civilians in them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:55:17 pm by NaturalInNY »