Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sweden: Naked peeing giant statue divides locals  (Read 7150 times)

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Sweden: Naked peeing giant statue divides locals
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 11:17:29 am »
Some people are so open minded that the wind blows in one ear and out the other.

"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

mikeisnude

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 05:10:09 pm »
Some people are so open minded that the wind blows in one ear and out the other.

:909  ROTFLMAO      :3145

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 07:05:32 pm »
No, I didn't defeat my argument.  I use the word in its original meaning.

Then you chose the wrong word as it has other definitions and your meaning wasn't clear.

The only artistic talent the creator of this thing has shown is that of a con artist -- the ability to fool the gullible public into believing that that a turd is not a turd.

There have been many stories of artists deliberately provoking their audiences - that's kind of what they do. Also his public isn't gullible at all or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Lastly you did it again - the attempt to fool anyone (successfully or not) is communication. I agree it's a pice of shit (as I have already said at least once) but it is art (kitsch or as you say schlock). The whole idea behind art is communication - if no one reacts then the artwork has failed - international press = success. If his message was a comment on the degeneration of taste or something to that effect then he couldn't have been more successful.

Message recieved - time to tear it down and throw it in the river.

Is that neccessary?

Offline gizmo

• Read-Only
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 07:19:03 am »

Maybe i'm an airhead, there are times when I'm not sure about that. But I think we all can sometimes reconsider the way we phrase our criticism.