Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked truth: Aging nudists seek new skin in the game as ranks dwindle  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Waytwofast

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Hi, I'm David :)
  • Referrals: 1
Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus
(Do What's Right, Come What May)

mikeisnude

Re: Naked truth: Aging nudists seek new skin in the game as ranks dwindle
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 08:05:31 pm »
It's about time   :324

Karla

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 08:30:20 pm »
I wonder if they have what it takes to actually keep young people coming back for a second time though. It's not enough to just do some publicity stunts. We went to a landed club once when they had an open day. I don't know why they bothered to have one. It was a bunch of old people with stalls trying to sell obsolete rubbish to one another, like old stereo cassette players.  No one spoke to us at all and we didn't know anyone. Yet it was obvious that people there (all old) all knew each other. We hung around, got bored and never went back. We had even contributed two articles to their magazine in the past so we at least had a reason to introduce ourselves.

It was a shame really because it later turned out that someone we had been chatting with by email who keenly followed Naked Munros was there and thought he recognised us but wasn't sure so he didn't say hello.

If the clubs are actually keen to get new young members in to be active members of a community rather than just there to pay the bills because the older members are dying off, they should basically give the new young members the means by which they can shape the landed club to the way to be a place that they feel happy to return to. I am sceptical as to whether that will ever happen though.

Offline Waytwofast

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 02:38:29 am »
It is interesting really, young people want to go to a Nudist Resort, and be around other young people... but young people don't go to Nudist Resorts because they assume there are no young people there... Then of course people like me, a young single male, can't get into many clubs because they don't want a bunch of single males hanging around... Which is understandable, you don't want a resort full of sausages... You want a mixed batch, but it may have to be a compromise. The young women will go, where the young men are, I'm looking for a resort that will indicate on a daily basis what their demographics are... I'm probably giving away great information because whenever I get around to opening a club, I'll be doing that very thing.

Offline chitownnudist

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 12:56:35 am »
Good article and they are right in fact I tried emailing a club asking them about bringing my GF for her first time and nothing. I would think they would jump at the opportunity, which another club did and hopefully (long story elsewhere on here) one day will visit them.

Offline Waytwofast

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 12:17:21 pm »
Good article and they are right in fact I tried emailing a club asking them about bringing my GF for her first time and nothing. I would think they would jump at the opportunity, which another club did and hopefully (long story elsewhere on here) one day will visit them.

I just had that very same thing happen, I asked a club that is about 3 hours away from me, what it would cost to stay at a cabin as a single male student, it took them like a week to get back to me and when they did they said they were sold out of cabins. They also told me they couldn't do reservations online or via e-mail and that I had to call. Its like dang, should someone be watching those e-mails?

mikeisnude

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 12:28:09 pm »

I just had that very same thing happen, I asked a club that is about 3 hours away from me, what it would cost to stay at a cabin as a single male student, it took them like a week to get back to me and when they did they said they were sold out of cabins. They also told me they couldn't do reservations online or via e-mail and that I had to call. Its like dang, should someone be watching those e-mails?

You have to cut them some slack.  We are used to technology and are comfortable with its use.  Older nudists are not as inclined to communicate using email or text.  You can sniff at that and say that's just dumb or you can pick up the phone and call them.   It's really not that hard to make a phone call.....just sayin
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:31:36 am by mikeisnude »

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 07:58:59 pm »

You have to cut them some slack.  We are used to technology and are comfortable with its use.  Older nudists are not as inclined to communicate using email or text.  You can sniff and that and say that's just dumb or you can pick up the phone and call them.   It's really not that hard to make a phone call.....just sayin

True, but when it comes to "barriers to communication" a person who might already be nervous enough about reaching out to get more information, they will look to the no e-mail option as an excuse to not get in contact with a club.   I know it's the "god forbid I actually talk to a human being" thing, but as someone who is naturally introverted, this can be a big deal.

Karla

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »
It's better to not have the option to be emailed if you're not going to check your inbox on a regular basis.

Offline chitownnudist

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 02:40:13 am »
It's better to not have the option to be emailed if you're not going to check your inbox on a regular basis.

Or common sense ;-)

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 05:09:41 am »
What I would like to see is a good way to post events. Not a forum but if, say, YNA had a calendar that you could submit events to I would love it. We're doing 'naked Mexican (food) night' next week and I'd love it if we could get more people but advertising is a *****.

Right now it seems to be that clubs sort of circle the wagons to hold their territory within the community but that may result in less opportunity for newcomers.

It's kind of like Disney World and Universal Studios. They compete, but when one does something really awesome it actually also helps the other. Once people decide to visit Orlando to see the new hotness, they make plans to visit the other place because it's still a ton of fun. But in the nude community everyone wants to make it look to the outside like the other people don't exist at all.
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 10:18:29 pm »
I don't know about anyone else, but for me the distance factor is huge. If I have to go hundreds or even thousands of miles to get to a fun young naturist-friendly event, I'm probably not going to bother. For instance, I'd love to go to some of the Florida Young Naturist events, but they're literally on the other side of the continent from me. If the naturist resorts around me were to put on some young naturist events, I would be there in a heartbeat.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Waytwofast

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 01:21:43 pm »
 :3145

I lived in KY, Nudist Resort population Zero
Moved to VA where there is a Nudist Resort, but it is 3 hours a way, 157 miles...

Then of course the lake of response didn't help either...

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 04:05:50 am »
I just had a thought: Does anybody look at community bulletin boards? I'm debating putting a flyer up but I don't know how it would go over. Would I get a bunch of creepy old men, or would I get a younger demographic? Or would they get torn down in under ten minutes?
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.