Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: One woman in ten? Why is naturism easier for men?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline Waytwofast

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Hi, I'm David :)
  • Referrals: 1
Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus
(Do What's Right, Come What May)

ithildin

Re: One woman in ten? Why is naturism easier for men?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 01:29:00 pm »
Firstly, are there really more men practising naturism?
And secondly it would be interessting to hear the women's opinion in the forum, "why there are apparently more men".

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 02:59:13 pm »
And secondly it would be interessting to hear the women's opinion in the forum, "why there are apparently more men".

No, there are not but its a regional thing and we are less open about it.  One only has to view tumblrs to see that we are out there and into FKK.  But, in America, it is not as open for sure. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:16:15 pm »

No, there are not but its a regional thing and we are less open about it.  One only has to view tumblrs to see that we are out there and into FKK.  But, in America, it is not as open for sure.

:3145. So true. in Mexico and in many more latin american countries we deal with the same dilema. we're so behind from Europe. but i guess its a matter of own beliefs and insecurities that media imposes to all of us.
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline Infinity Biscuit

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • she/her
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 10:36:43 pm »
Women are the target of body policing more than men and are so less likely to be ok with social nudity, men are more likely to disapprove of women in their life going without clothes in public than vice versa, making it easier for, say, men in a relationship to go out alone than the opposite, and women experience more unwanted attention and harassment in their life, making them less likely to want to put themselves in a situation that often can come with such things.

Those are the three big things that come to mind.

I'm pretty open okay with just going to stuff and getting naked whenever, myself, but my girl friends that I know who love being naked all avoid public social nudity for one or more of those three reasons.

nerdynudist

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 11:10:29 pm »
I imagine it would vary depending upon the cultures of areas surveyed

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 11:13:57 pm »
Don't know if it is because I am an engineer or just that I bore easily but a usually count the number of men and women on the beaches I visit and the broad number for Australia is it is about 3 men to every woman, but this is a distorted number as I've been on beaches where the ratio is the opposite (particularly on weekends). 

I think it is because men are happy to go on their own, while many women are not (mainly because of the voyeur element) but would say that when the summer is in full cry women get out there in equivalent numbers.

The two largest nude things I've been to women were in greater numbers and virtually none of my girlfriends reject being naked when we are in a group.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline The Streaker

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 12:04:16 am »
In my opinion, women seem to be more pressured by the world around them than men. I'm not saying men aren't pressured at all but women do seem to be under more fire.
"I'm just trying to be me. Whoever that is."

Offline Advent

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 03:52:32 am »
I can't speak for anyone else, but as of this moment our circle pf people who will do group nude events is actually a higher ratio of women to men.

Though, I will admit that some of that is because we just don't invite single male friends because we don't want to set up a gawking environment. I think we may do a bit more unconditional male invitations going ahead, but as everybody has been getting used to it thus far we're very particular.

That's not to say we haven't had more men than women at gatherings. But they were already 'known quantities', if you know what I mean. Not likely to do something stupid.
The last three days, the rain was unstoppable. It was always cold, no sunshine.