Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Profile Picture  (Read 3307 times)

Lalilolalilo

Profile Picture
« on: August 12, 2013, 06:52:18 am »
Hey all!  :62213

Apparently one has to post like crazy before getting acces to anything. Right now, I can't even update my profile. Or maybe I don't find the right ways to do it? I'd at list like to upload my owwn profile pic, even if I'm not allowed to see other profiles nor message them, how could I do this?

Thank you very much!

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: Profile Picture
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:54:39 am »
Hey all!  :62213

Apparently one has to post like crazy before getting acces to anything. Right now, I can't even update my profile. Or maybe I don't find the right ways to do it? I'd at list like to upload my owwn profile pic, even if I'm not allowed to see other profiles nor message them, how could I do this?

Thank you very much!

Apparently, you did not read or understand the FAQ and the reasons behind the fact you need to be a little known before permissions come to you.  It is for security and the security of both our residents and newbies.  Good things come to those who are involved and it is not a new rule. Every few days, we automatically delete many people who joined but do not do an intro.  Why? We state the rules for membership clearly in email and, on the forum.  They ignore it. 

I hate to be harsh here but to your questions, you should def. be able to put an avatar and in a short while, access profiles as well.  Get with me on yahoo messenger if you wish (Kanedanee) and I will try to help, or another staffer will as well.

-D
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Lalilolalilo

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »
You didn't answer my question though. I correct a couple of mistakes and, ask again:

"I'd at least like to upload my own profile pic, even if I'm not allowed to see other profiles yet, how could I do this?"

I did read the rules, and I understood one has to keep posting in order to get access to member area etc. I don't remember that it said specifically that no profile picture will be uploadable before that, or maybe I have bad memory and I should read through again.

Behing harsh is no problem, behing sarcastic is! since we are all grown up persons who should be able to understand each other in civilazed ways, you could have just written something like "according to the FAQ, to upload a profile picture etc. etc. ... you might have not read that part or might have forgotten it, so take your time to read it again" and THAT would have been the information I was searching for...

Thank you for replying.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 07:32:35 pm »
http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile
I am not that familiar with fresh accounts, does that link work for you?
And the amount of posts required for profile access is far from "posting like crazy". Just some regular participation and you will have access in no time. I assume Danee's comments were referring to that bit.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Lalilolalilo

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 04:58:28 am »
Danke sehr!!! das hatte ich vorher nie gesehen! jetzt kan ich es machen  :63424

Nur für dich  :123456

Lalilolalilo

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:06:16 am »
Ahá!!! Now I got acces to myself and the others, that's probably why I could open the link. Before that, I wouldn't have been able to see the "modify profile". So in fact, it comes all together, no chance to upload a pic before getting the first access to memebers area. That was what I was wondering about =)

I hope this conversation helps whoever has the same question in the future.