Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Swedish swimmers warned to protect private parts  (Read 29047 times)

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Swedish swimmers warned to protect private parts
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 07:18:43 pm »
Also the presence of them in Scandinavia is a hoax, they are warm water creatures limited to mostly South America

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/10/world/europe/scandanavia-swim-warning

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 10:35:10 pm »
Also the presence of them in Scandinavia is a hoax, they are warm water creatures limited to mostly South America

Excellent find! Thank-you!
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 10:35:22 am »

I wondered about that when I looked at the original story and figured it was an escape or a specimen dumped from an aquarium.  But this gives me an idea, maybe I'll go to the craft shop and by a bag of tropical seashells to sprinkle along the beach here and see if I can get Environment Canada all in a froth about it. 
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 06:41:51 pm »

I wondered about that when I looked at the original story and figured it was an escape or a specimen dumped from an aquarium.  But this gives me an idea, maybe I'll go to the craft shop and by a bag of tropical seashells to sprinkle along the beach here and see if I can get Environment Canada all in a froth about it. 

Nice idea!  Now I'm sure a Pacu could be introduced into the North Sea, but I somehow doubt it would last long.  Hell, since Megaladon and Mermaids both exist now, we can make a documentary about them and sell it!  :shocked:

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 05:21:31 am »
Last week a giant sunfish washed up on the beach in NS (or maybe NB - I can't remember) - we've also had Great Whites show up in the Bay of Fundy on two occasions that I can recall. That being said this little guy was too far from home to not be an escapee as indicated in the original story.

Meanwhile, the presence of a pacu is as mysterious as it is troubling. More than likely, someone who had kept the tropical fish in a home aquarium released it into the Sound.

Still you've only got two of them - probably best to keep an eye on them.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:29:05 am by ToneBender »

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 09:52:19 am »
Last week a giant sunfish washed up on the beach in NS (or maybe NB - I can't remember) - we've also had Great Whites show up in the Bay of Fundy on two occasions that I can recall. That being said this little guy was too far from home to not be an escapee as indicated in the original story.

The mola mola washed ashore near Saint Andrews, NB.  I've never seen one live but the fishermen tell me that they are an annual occurrence -- interesting but not headline material.  Great Whites are not that unusual either, but certainly cause for concern if you are, like me, a sea kayaker.  I had a bit of a scare last summer but it turned out to be a huge basking shark.  The biologists tell us that we are getting more sperm whales than usual, arriving in pursuit of giant squid.  Marine life tends to follow the food so my question is "What are the giant squid pursuing?"

"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West