Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naked and afraid  (Read 8959 times)

Offline michigannoob

• just somebody trying to be nude
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Naked and afraid
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:06:57 am »
First of all, id like to know who here watches the show naked and afraid? I think its on discovery channel but not sure, ive watched a few episodes but cant watch much tv, busy a lot, anyway, who watches it? and who thinks that they should not blur out any aspects of the show? and also, who would actually like to try something of the sort some day? survival with no clothes, and only being allowed to bring ONE item of choice, if you wanna try it some day, what item would you bring and why? there is a lot of ways to respond so get at it. peace
Being naked is like being free

Offline michigannoob

• just somebody trying to be nude
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
Re: Naked and afraid
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 10:01:18 pm »
you could bring the laptop, but that means no charger, no spare battery, nothing, just the laptop, but ill give you a little help and say that it has a full charge
Being naked is like being free

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 09:34:51 pm »
One of my friends Michael Connolly who helps run the Nudism group on Facebook is entering for it.  I've known him for the last few years, so I hope he'll get in.  :)

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:39:05 am »
I just watched a few episodes of Naked and Afraid last night and it was a fairly interesting show. It aired on Discovery and it is a very interesting show, but unfortunately, they still use the stupid blur boxes.
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 10:18:59 am »
Well Mark, let's see how strong and clever you are to live for 7 days first up at PSF without a mobile phone, laptop, or any other communication device (except maybe a brick mobile phone which just makes phone calls and nothing else).  I have two Philips Fizz phones at home, so I can lend you one for the trip.

You'd have to bring your own food to cook, and we take it in turns to cook for all of us (you, me and anybody else up for the challenge).

You will need to bring a diary and make a daily entry of your time there, and do a 'before and after' video interview - I'll bring my camcorder with me.

I have a couple of people in mind whom I'd like to ask to accompany us, as they are into 'alternative' living and culture and they actually are friends with a nudist couple I met some years back in Loganholme. 

I reckon you'll do it, and it'd help you exponentially to become independent and self-sufficient.  :)
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline Baseballfan

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 04:27:18 am »
Does anyone know if they ever have uncensored episodes somewhere? Or is that something the contestant don't want so it doesn't happen? How do you win? What do you win on the show?

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 05:35:49 am »
I've downloaded a few episodes and I like it - not sure I would try it myself. I'm pretty confident I could make it for a month without tapping out but I'd be a hurtin' unit by the end of it.

It's nice to see some of the techniques they use and to see how they fail and it's also nice to see when the women fare better than the men (thrive even - as in the case of the surfer girl). I just wish that one dumbass got out of the sun sooner before he got first degree burns - even if he just used some palm fronds as a parasol to continue hiking. He started turning red the second he got off the boat.

I'd love to see them do an episode here in the winter time. ;)

Anyway - cool show - I would say.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:00:32 pm by ToneBender »

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »
Does anyone know if they ever have uncensored episodes somewhere? Or is that something the contestant don't want so it doesn't happen? How do you win? What do you win on the show?

I don't know of any uncensored episodes.  And they win by not dying.  Or more accurately, quitting the show.  All they win is bragging rights, getting on TV and their 15 minutes.   

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »
It's a neat show, but I'd never do something like it myself. I like camping and nudity but if I'm camping I want at minimum:

Shoes
A sleeping bag
Bug spray
Sunscreen
Food

Offline Baseballfan

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 07:24:48 am »

I don't know of any uncensored episodes.  And they win by not dying.  Or more accurately, quitting the show.  All they win is bragging rights, getting on TV and their 15 minutes.

They don't win a trophy or a big check? I guess they get some $$ for being on tv.

Offline sportkid

• why is my blood green
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 08:16:15 pm »
id bring a purifyin pump    love the show

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 06:29:06 am »
I dunno. It just seems like another dumb staged reality show, except everyone is naked. I don't think it's going to change very many people's minds about naturism either. I like that a lot of the participants said that they're not self-conscious though.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 04:38:03 am »
Are there any educational shows on educational channels anymore?  The History Channel is nothing but pawn shop bullshit and antique buying.  TLC use to stand for "The Learning Channel" but now only shows that Honey Booboo shit.  And the Discovery Channel is full of staged "reality" shows.  Except for Mayday, and Mythbusters, all they ever air is: Overhaulin', Fast and Loud, Sons of Gun (all variations on the car modification reality show).  I use to like Deadliest Catch, but this past season has become so obviously staged and scripted it's unwatchable.  Then there are the shit shows with the same Deadliest Catch formula but are about gold digging, logging or oil drilling.  And now Naked and Afraid, in it's second season.  I only watch it if there is nothing else to do before bed time, and only then I channel surf through most of it.  I am so sick of these stupid shows where the producers deliberately hire incompatible people just for some contrived drama.  The last episode of Naked and Afraid I saw had some California hippie chick, and a redneck southern good ol' boy.  And of course they clashed the whole episode.  Plus the fact that they blur everything except their butts, which to me, is just bad to look at.  TV is seriously regressing, how can the same network that use to air The Sex Files back in the early 2000's be the same one that makes Naked and Afraid now? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sex_Files.  Discovery also had Bear Grylls' Man Vs Wild show, sure there was some staged stuff in that show, but it was never as bad as the stuff on today.  Man vs Wild actually taught survival skills that one could use if one found one's self in a similar situation.  Naked and Afraid just shows a naked man and woman mostly just arguing for 21 days, until they finally work together in the end.

Surfing777

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 05:57:50 am »
I think it's a really interesting show and I'm glad it has become popular among the general public

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 08:06:25 am »
Turns out both my grandma and mum watched a few of Naked and afraid Grandma found it got a bit tedious and didn't like the bluring and mum went into her little rant about US TV bluring especially butt crack bluring and how are people so fragile that they can't handle a little butt crack  :moon
I'm everywhere and nowhere