Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nudism numbers in America drop, younger nudists going it alone  (Read 16106 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: Nudism numbers in America drop, younger nudists going it alone
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 01:09:37 pm »
Neither actually govern anything at all beside membership (they could for instance revoke the membership of clubs that aren't quite nudist), . . .

And that is what national governing bodies do, whether for professional groups or for naturists.  They set standards and try to maintain them.  They keep a list of subordinate organizations and members in good standing and cast those who trespass those standards into the outer darkness.  They serve as a clearing house for information of interest to their members.  They, at times, intervene in legal matters concerning their members.  They lobby the government concerning their special interests.  They maintain international contacts with like bodies overseas.

What did you think national governing bodies do, collect taxes and start wars?

It's absolutely unclear what the INF actually *do* beside occasional nude activities.

They do the same sorts of things that national governing bodies do and provide the legitimacy of international standards.  But they don't have a Security Council or send peacekeepers to nudist beaches under threat of invasion.

You may not think that any of this is worthwhile but the fact of the matter is in dealings with lawmakers the legitimacy of having international and national organizations, accepted standards and card-carrying members matter a great deal.  Like it or not, the well-organized collective always receives more attention than the individual.

Thanks girlfriend!  Some get it, some do not but thats just fine. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline lord_george

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 01:44:57 am »
I don't know much about actual clubs, but as a poor grad student, I don't like the idea of paying for naturism. It seems to me that I should just be able to go somewhere and be naked.
I'm talking more about membership fees. I suppose if there's a place I could go and have to pay five bucks for a day or something like that, it would seem reasonable.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 12:45:11 pm »
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline NH_nudist

• For friends and fun
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 07:44:44 pm »
I imagine it's really tough as a land owner to promote "good" nudists to come to their clubs, while keeping out the creepers looking to swing.  There was a nudist club right outside my college that promoted itself as a "family club open to anybody" unless you were a single male.  Women could attend by themselves, but men could not attend without a woman leading them in.  I think this killed the chance for the college people to experience nudity when they were still young and open minded.  You'd think that all the nudity at college parties would encourage nudism, but in reality there are so many creepers that are so judgmental is backfires.  The women who dare to be bare are often pulled down by other men and women and the guys are often made fun of as being gay. 
It's a shame there are less places where people can feel free to be nude without being judged.  Maybe it is a pipe dream, but hopefully someday all beaches could be clothing optional....cause somebody :3145 really tell me that a tiny bikini covers so much of the body.  The body is beautiful, and should be seen as such

NatureForever

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 03:20:24 am »
Everything is sadly true. The naturist/nudist population in America may as well not even exist, because it is so outlandish to Americans that the concept never even crosses our minds! (Well, except for me and a few others, of course.) The awareness and existance of naturism/nudism is dying, and the few teenagers who seem to be left are stranded in their own anguish. It makes me incredibly sad, knowing the hard truth. The reality is staggeringly unreal. What we need to do is make our voices heard, no matter how old we are. We need to know more than what we fight for, we need to know why we fight for it! We aren't advocating for ourselves, we're advocating for everyone who advocates the cause of naturism. A house divided against itself cannot stand. If the world is our house, dividing ourselves from it won't help us more than it will hurt. Just standing here like we should only be hanging around othet people that are naturists won't make the world hear our cries for freedom and understanding. We need to get out there and do something! He who has ears, let him hear, because we need to speak up for everything we believe in as naturists, not just ourselves! Everyone, male and female, take a stand, as you imagine a flag waving behind me!

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 09:00:56 am »
If clubs and resorts disappeared off the face of the earth that would be fabulous because it would mean that there are parks, lakes, beaches and other public venues where nudity is accepted.  This is the experience of Europe where club and resorts are dying slowly but the beaches, parks, lakes and thermen remain busier than ever.

The clubs and resorts follow a flawed model of nudists expecting to behind walls and of having to pay for the privilege - as a result they will diminish is success while holidays in Europe flourish.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

fsjm2112

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 04:42:37 pm »
If clubs and resorts disappeared off the face of the earth that would be fabulous because it would mean that there are parks, lakes, beaches and other public venues where nudity is accepted.  This is the experience of Europe where club and resorts are dying slowly but the beaches, parks, lakes and thermen remain busier than ever.

The clubs and resorts follow a flawed model of nudists expecting to behind walls and of having to pay for the privilege - as a result they will diminish is success while holidays in Europe flourish.

This isn't the case everywhere. It all depends on the local governments attitude towards public nudity. I know for a fact that something like this would not happen where I live. A beach close to my house(in Chicago) used to allow nude bathing but that was quickly shut down.

I think for now the naturist clubs are the only option. Sadly, these clubs often do not allow singles. Their are several landed clubs relatively close to where I live but all ban singles. While I understand their reasoning, how do they expect to rise the naturist population. I have contacted many of these clubs but none are willing to admit singles. Their is a club in Indiana that I plan to visit but finding the time between school and work is very difficult.

Offline Lemonfresh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 08:39:21 pm »
I think this is not a North American issue alone. I think this can be seen in other countries too. That's why I was glad to find this forum...

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 11:57:02 pm »

This isn't the case everywhere. It all depends on the local governments attitude towards public nudity. I know for a fact that something like this would not happen where I live. A beach close to my house(in Chicago) used to allow nude bathing but that was quickly shut down.

I think for now the naturist clubs are the only option. Sadly, these clubs often do not allow singles. Their are several landed clubs relatively close to where I live but all ban singles. While I understand their reasoning, how do they expect to rise the naturist population. I have contacted many of these clubs but none are willing to admit singles. Their is a club in Indiana that I plan to visit but finding the time between school and work is very difficult.

Withut sounding too definite you do not know it for a fact - Legislators can hide behind we don't have to provide facilities for naturists because clubs and resorts service that market.

If those facilities do not exist facilities then can be provided by the local government in much the same way as they provide swimming pools, parkland and maintain beach and lifeguard facility.  This is the experience of Florida (Haulover), New Jersey (Sandy Hook), San Francisco (Bakers), Australia (many beaches and a few parkland areas), New Zealand, Chile, Brazil, Canada and most of Western Europe.  Public nude areas can be initiated it just needs people power and continued enthusiasm to maintain the open society.

However, I concede that do this in a country/county which can have sustained public opinions such as those of the Tea Party will make the journey a little harder than you would like.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline MrDude

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 11:53:15 am »

I think nudism hasn't to be just for clubs and resorts...it should add more freedom! not a privilege...unfortunately even here it's not so easy to find young nudists at the beach, it's not just an american issue
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:57:43 am by MrDude »

NatureForever

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 04:22:50 am »
 :3145

I think nudism hasn't to be just for clubs and resorts...it should add more freedom! not a privilege...unfortunately even here it's not so easy to find young nudists at the beach, it's not just an american issue

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 02:39:03 am »
someone wrote  "think nudism hasn't to be just for clubs and resorts...it should add more freedom! not a privilege...unfortunately even here it's not so easy to find young nudists at the beach, it's not just an american issue"

I agree but I have seen a few here and there at the beach and a few other events.
nude is natural

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 05:30:33 am »
I think they say the best things in life are free. I have NO desire to try and convince my wife to get naked around people that are gonna be judgemental and we probably won't even have a lot in common... But hey, the best is you can PAY for that commodity. No, thanks. I'll keep playing volleyball for free with the nice old folks and middle age ones! Then jump in the nice free Pacific Ocean for a refreshing dive.
Make every second count.