Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Barclays Premier League predictions  (Read 3083 times)

Offline shorthop8

• Casually Dressed
  • Carpe diem, nude if possible.
  • Referrals: 0
Barclays Premier League predictions
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:47:23 am »
As a Man United supporter, I'd like to see United retain their title, but I feel like this season is the most wide open in the last few seasons. I think Chelsea and City are no doubt favorites to knock United off their perch. Any thoughts?

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Re: Barclays Premier League predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 05:54:13 am »
I agree. This season is by far the most difficult to predict in years. I think United to will in it with Chelsea 2nd and City 3rd. 4th I think could be Spurs but it depends if Wenger makes any big signings in January (I doubt he will make any in what is left of the summer window). For relegation, again it is very difficult to predict. All 3 newly promoted teams will be in the relegation battle with Newcastle, Sunderland and Stoke. I'd take a punt at Newcastle, Sunderland and Hull to go down. I think Norwich will be this years surprise package and will probably finish top 6/7 and get a place in Europa League next season.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline boris

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:36:33 am »
i hope the reds will play a good season. liverpool just has to be in the top4, but it will get a tough year for them.
deutschsprachiges (jugend)forum: board.fkk-web.com

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 04:01:18 pm »
As a Chelsea fan, nothing would give me more pleasure than to see my team knock Man U off their perch.  Time will tell if this does come to fruition.  ::crosses fingers::
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 05:29:13 pm »
Ah, what the hell, I'll bite.

Arsenal to be relegated.

:P

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:02:28 pm »
Ah, what the hell, I'll bite.

Arsenal to be relegated.

:P

:345678
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 09:05:31 pm »
Oh, and Newcastle too, apparently :P

DoozerUK

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 09:54:43 pm »
I only live a couple of miles from Old Trafford ... so obviously I'm a City boy!

Offline iyoni

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 07:11:50 am »
I hope that it's either Arsenal or Liverpool that clinch the title this year, but for some reason, I don't think that's a realistic expectation.

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 08:58:58 am »
I still think Arsenal will only finish in 3rd. A couple of injuries and all that form is gone as they have no depth in their squad.
Make every second count.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 12:49:08 pm »
I still think Arsenal will only finish in 3rd. A couple of injuries and all that form is gone as they have no depth in their squad.

I agree, and same goes for Liverpool too. I'm disappointed with Tottenham's season so far, I thought they would be right up there putting some fear into the bigger teams but so far the squad just hasn't gelled. I hope they pick it up after Christmas. AVB needs to give Defoe another chance and punish Soldado for his poor form. He was great in La Liga but he hasn't shown any of that class in the EPL. Seems I was right about Sunderland and Stoke struggling but Hull and Newcastle have done surprisingly well. But I expect Hull to slide down the table after Christmas. Newcastle I think will be ok if they don't pick up any major injuries.

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 10:00:49 am »
Well, regarding Arsenal, maybe just Giroud getting injured would be enough. And regarding Tottenham they bought too many players. Soldado isn't the only one playing bad, but the thing is the system doesn't fit him. With those stupid wingers that can only cut inside, the team plays too narrow and he can't get enough good service to be able to score. Chelsea has been disappointing too, and it's beyond any scientific explanation why Juan Mata doesn't play.
Make every second count.

luvthemgiants

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 02:14:58 pm »
Well, regarding Arsenal, maybe just Giroud getting injured would be enough. And regarding Tottenham they bought too many players. Soldado isn't the only one playing bad, but the thing is the system doesn't fit him. With those stupid wingers that can only cut inside, the team plays too narrow and he can't get enough good service to be able to score. Chelsea has been disappointing too, and it's beyond any scientific explanation why Juan Mata doesn't play.

:3145

i think the most consistent rather than the best team will win it this year. I have a feeling that Arsenal will with it, Liverpool 2nd. But that might all change if Giroud/Suarez get injured and Chelsea buy a striker in January

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 08:59:32 am »
I think everything is conspiring for Arsenal to win so far... Ridiculous away form for both Chelsea and Man City and Man Utd is being trashed even at home now.
Make every second count.

luvthemgiants

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 02:34:46 pm »
I think everything is conspiring for Arsenal to win so far... Ridiculous away form for both Chelsea and Man City and Man Utd is being trashed even at home now.

That's a great way of putting it. All the other teams are so inconsistent, it could be like Last season when United won it without being the out and out best team.

It's an exciting season though