Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Montalivet: World's first naturist resort, where nudity is a way of life  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135

Montalivet, France: Naturism is a political and cultural movement and practice which advocates and defends social nudity in private and in public.

Several places across the world are known for their naturist resorts or lifestyle. People are encouraged to shed clothes and live in their most natural attire.

Naturist places have signboards with 'strict no clothes guidelines' for visitors. In naturist parlance, a person who does not follow the practice is referred to as textile or textilist. People are referred to as textiles and places are marked as naturist and textile.

The practice of naturism is prevalent in many countries. The practice finds its roots in Germany in the early part of the 20th century. From Germany, it made its way to other parts of the world, like France, Malta, Costa Rica, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, UK, US, Canada, Croatia.

The French resort in Motalivet, CHM Montalivet holds the distinction of world's first naturist holiday resort. The resort was created in the year, 1950.

The resort is spread across 175 hectares of land adjoining the beach. It comprises a mixture of about 1000 privately owned bungalows and caravans, and 960 sites suitable for touring caravans and 260 for camping. There are over 12 km of internal roads laid out in an approximate grid formation. The pitch and bungalows are arranged into 20 villages, each having its own character and characteristics. Families tend to return regularly, usually to the same village.

CHM Montalivet is family-oriented, and access is limited to those having valid FNI/INF (International Naturist Federation) identification. 55% of the visitors are non-French.

http://www.naturist-holiday-guide.com/montalivet.html

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/WOR-montalivet-worlds-first-naturist-resort-where-nudity-is-a-way-of-life-4358108-PHO.html

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

INnudeguy

WOW,  I keep finding things out about the nudist lifestyle and I'm always amazed.  This place seems so cool.   I feel lucky to have found out about nudism,  I now feel sorry for those that don't even know what beautiful way to live it is.  :4345

comporta

Thanks Danee, always nailing it :65

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Montalivet: World's first naturist resort, where nudity is a way of life
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:51:30 am »
Yep someday... so many places to visit

mancomb

Re: Montalivet: World's first naturist resort, where nudity is a way of life
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 08:07:19 am »
Wow, this is awesome.  I think naturism is pretty big in France, with Cap D'agde, The "Naked City", a place I've been wanting to visit for ages, nude shopping sounds really fun.  :234567 
Also I've heard that on almost any beach in France it's not uncommon to find everyone topless or even nude.  Sounds like a cool place.