Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Collecting interesting toys.  (Read 1044 times)

mancomb

Collecting interesting toys.
« on: September 02, 2013, 04:38:23 pm »
I recently stumbled across a youtube channel (link below) where a lovely old dude shows interesting toys and illusions from his collection.  Some of the stuff he has is amazing.
The Channel is called Hendrik Ball and there's a site called Grand-Illusions where you can buy toys and look at illusions and stuff there too.

It's made me want look through my old toys to see if I have anything interesting.  I just thought I'd share it because it's awesome.

Do you guys have any cool toys you remember from when you were younger?

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Collecting interesting toys.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:43:08 am »
Yes! I once had a great uncle who learned (in the old country) how to make toys and contraptions and mechanical thinga-majiggs inside hollowed out nutshells (walnuts & pecans). To this day I have no idea how he did it and neither he nor any of the toys survive.

Shiden Kai

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 05:08:43 pm »
Being an only child, I admit that I was kinda spoiled when it came to the whole toys thing. :D   

Back in ye old days (from the late 80's to mid 90's)...my toy collection consisted of Ninja Turtles, Gi Joes, He-Man figures, Lego's, random play sets, train sets, diecast cars, diecast planes, and model ships.  Hmm..   Come to think of it, I had WAY too much stuff.  :D   The cool thing is that my parents still have most of my childhood toys.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:25:28 am by Shiden Kai »

Offline beachboy1

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »
Wow, that clip is amazing!  I've never seen that before.  Two of my favourites were a slinky spring that went down stairs by itself, and a gyroscope which would defy gravity and twirl around on things.

TJ