Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Buzzword Battle (Apple vs Microsoft)!  (Read 114 times)

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 1
Buzzword Battle (Apple vs Microsoft)!
« on: September 21, 2009, 03:38:02 am »
Apple first:

Incredible, amazing, awesome Apple

Translation: If we repeat often enough how awesome we are, you'll come to believe it!

Microsoft's turn:

Microsoft's Mr. Buzzword

Where the hell do they expect to grow given the percentage of users who already buy their stuff? They could release Microsoft condoms which would be as secure as Windows™ but it wouldn't increase their customer base in time for 2010...
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline NudeNathan

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I come with my own background music
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Buzzword Battle (Apple vs Microsoft)!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:41:20 am »
all apple really needs to do is bring out a gaming console, if it's really good, then they will win this war
and i'm a microsoft fan, i got the xbox 360, and vista, and kinda want to get the new Zune mp3 player
"Before i even knew abbout naturism, I knew I wanted to be nude as much as possible. For me, the lifestyle is a part of me, not something I want to 'get into'
 Its the only way I can actually be.. me"

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 06:56:47 pm »
all apple really needs to do is bring out a gaming console, if it's really good, then they will win this war
and i'm a microsoft fan, i got the xbox 360, and vista, and kinda want to get the new Zune mp3 player

How could they hope to win?

They are not into losing money on hardware like Microsoft and Sony, their market isn't there so their brand would not be worth as much. They could always go after Nintendo but they are not into making any kind of hardware that's cheap and Nintendo is a much stronger brand in gaming.

Plus, I don't see them doing that unless a company drops out of the game, there seems to be only enough space for 3 players (maybe Sony after the disapointing sales of the PS3 <- Wishful thinking).

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:37:19 pm »
Like when the dreamcast died when Microsoft entered the race? Not that it had much of a chance against the PS2 to begin with. Even good old Nintendo could not stop that beast, despite superior hardware. DVD playback and having changed the main video game demographic to what is considered todays "core gamers" can do that even to the once (and once again) unrivalled master developer.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:44:54 pm »
Like when the dreamcast died when Microsoft entered the race?

The Dreamcast did not die when Microsoft entered the race, it was stillborn. People were wondering what Sony was up to with the PS2 and cautiously waiting until the PS2 was released and then Dreamcast was "old" despite being the better console.

But yes, if someone is to enter the race, I expect someone to drop off.