Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude haunted house pushes limits of Halloween  (Read 7822 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Nude haunted house pushes limits of Halloween
« on: September 20, 2013, 01:34:31 am »
Nude haunted house pushes limits of Halloween as Shocktoberfest dares visitors to take the Naked and Scared Challenge

Year after year, attractions continue to push the limits to new extremes. Roller coasters get taller and faster, while theme parks build lands that are more immersive and rich with detail. In the haunted house industry, the moonlit sky’s the limit when it comes to creating the most intense and exhilarating experiences.

But instead of adding to their haunted attraction, this year the Shocktoberfest “scream park” in Pennsylvania is actually removing a key element: clothing.

Shocktoberfest is daring visitors to take their new “Naked and Scared Challenge” offering a chance to strip down to nothing and explore one of their haunted houses completely nude. The idea comes from Discovery Channel’s show “Naked and Afraid,” in which two castaways must survive in the wild without any outer protection. Now Shocktoberfest is letting their guests face gymnophobia – the fear of nudity.

And really, what else can be expected from haunted house creators that look like this:

Participants will walk through the haunted house called “The Unknown,” themed to a former industrial park loaded with zombies created by toxic dumping.

Two options exist – nude or prude – allowing participants to walk through completely nude or wearing undergarments. Even those who opt for the fully nude version didn’t worry about many onlookers, as the experience takes place at midnight after all other customers have left, leaving only those with tickets to the Naked and Scared Challenge still hanging around, so to speak. And Shocktoberfest will have plenty of security on staff ensuring there is no inappropriate behavior.

The Naked and Scared Challenge adds to Shocktoberfest’s lineup of unique Halloween time experiences, including the Prison of the Dead Escape, in which participants try to evade zombie infection by keeping their flags intact, flag football style. That attraction is enhanced this year with interactive features allowing participants to alternately be transformed into a zombie and unleashed on survivors for an hour.

The costs to be entertained by this unique brand of Halloween experience is not expensive, just $15-$20 for a single attraction with combo tickets available.

We’re offering two free tickets to the Naked and Scared Challenge for any male or female willing to try it and tell us all about it! Please contact us and we’ll set you up with a ticket in exchange for a full report on this particularly unique experience.

Shocktoberfest exposes itself beginning September 27, 2013. Tickets and more information can be found at Shocktoberfest.com.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/09/nude-haunted-house-pushes-limits-of-halloween-as-shocktoberfest-dares-visitors-to-take-the-naked-and-scared-challenge/

http://www.shocktoberfest.com/attractions/#naked

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Nude haunted house pushes limits of Halloween
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 06:26:55 am »
I'd do it.

I'm sure it'll save some participants from having to change their underwear afterwards.

Offline ralff37

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 01:50:56 pm »
I would be nude  not prude
My name is Ralph J.   Some of my friends call me R J.  I have been a nude enthusiast for a few years, but my family is not. I have to be nude only when alone or when I first get up un the mornings. I like music and have taken piano lessons. I like classical music.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 02:44:16 pm »
some people in my country believe that ghost afraid of naked people :grin:

the myth says 'if you see ghost, remove your clothes. it will vanish'  :evil:

So that's why ghosts never trouble me.  Huh!
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

david85

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 02:49:26 pm »
This actually sounds pretty cool. I'd do it!

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 02:49:46 pm »
The nude haunted house is a very cool idea.   :e4444  And really, when you consider the meme of the naked or scantily clad about-to-be-victim in a lot of 'B' horror movies it is fully in keeping with the genre.  I'd go if there was one local.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

mikeisnude

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 03:38:20 pm »
What a great Idea,   :3456   I'd love to do this.  As usual though not much nude things going on in southern IL.

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 05:09:50 pm »
A nude haunted house is a helluva nice idea.  I would definitely participate!
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 12:55:25 pm »
I would love to try this!  :e4444

Offline hlester

• Casually Dressed
  • Every day is good day
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 02:11:20 pm »
Brand new idea! But no opportunity for me to try it.

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »
I would do it if I wasn't several hundred miles away.

Last year fiancé and I did a haunted house where some of the performers were nude or close to it.  The bit was naked people strapped to an operating table, begging the guests to help them get free.  Than a mad scientist looking person comes out and acts like he's about to slice them opened. 

Offline Soccerbri999

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 06:50:08 pm »
I am totally going to do this!  :098

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 12:39:39 am »
Checked the site out.  Awesome.  I love the last line LOL!

"Disclaimer: Shocktoberfest has created this experience so their customers can explore a new level of fear. This is about fear and pushing oneself out of their comfort zone. This is not about sex. No sexual misconduct, inappropriate or disrespectful behavior will be tolerated.
*Please note there is an additional cleaning charge if we scare the p*ss out of you!"

:909

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 05:29:32 pm »
UPDATE:

With Halloween season in full swing, haunted houses across the country are looking for ways to stand out, pushing the limits of their victims with new kinds of scares. Though many have recently opted to take a hands-on approach, getting physical with willing participants, the Shocktoberfest Scream Park in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania has gone an entirely new direction, daring visitors to bare it all.

Shocktoberfest owner Patrick Konopelski created the Naked and Scared Challenge to give his guests an opportunity to face the most basic fear of all: nudity. While walking through a haunted house called The Unknown, adding to its many sudden startles and surprises is the chance to strip down, leaving little left to protect participants from the horrors within. The idea was inspired by Discovery Channel’s “Naked and Afraid” TV series.

When we first shared the Naked and Scared Challenge announcement, the story brought tens of thousands of intrigued visitors to this site. But as the news drew the attention of even bigger blogs as well as mainstream media, we knew we had to truly cover this unique event (so to speak).

So I sent in local cameraman Josh Keim with HD night vision equipment, together with a group of eager “Naked and Scared” challengers who dared to not only take off their clothes for the haunted house, but for our camera as well, letting us record every scantily-clad scream. The result is a fantastically entertaining Halloween time video quite unlike any before, complete with carefully placed blurs to keep it all “work safe.”

Watch the vivid video below, then read on to find out whether getting naked really did enhance the eeriness of the experience or if it was all just a cheap thrill.

Sadly, the full Naked and Scared Challenge was never quite met - but not for lack of interest. Though there was meant to be both “nude” and “prude” options, letting participants decide whether to keep their underwear on or go for the fully naked experience. But after the unusual event drew so much media attention, plenty of prudish outrage followed causing city officials to prevent Konopelski from putting on the “nude” portion of the event.

Our group was willing and ready to take it all off in the name of a little Halloween fun, instead stifled by threats of the event being shut down. So while the video above gives the impression of what a naked haunted house experience would be like, all participants were indeed wearing the required undergarments.

Many guys and girls alike have come to Shocktoberfest’s defense, expressing disappointment publicly on their Facebook page. “How many other people could say they went through a haunted house with friends conpletely naked!! Live a little. I had a whole group ready to come and do it naked,” wrote one eager female. “Yet another freedom stifled by media hype,” added another. “People are way too sensitive now a days. The point is to take you out of your comfort zone to make it a scarier experience,” succinctly summarized a male Shocktoberfest fan.

Konopelski is hopeful he can convince the city to allow him to offer the full event next year, as originally intended. In the meantime, the “almost naked” challenge remains.

Even while wearing underwear, our group of victims unanimously and positively recommended the experience. Though being only half naked didn’t expose our group to new fears nearly as much as the fully nude challenge would have, some still felt more vulnerable while facing Shocktoberfest’s scares, each leaving with a different memorable moment that got under their skin the most.

And never once was the experience inappropriate in any way, with Shocktoberfest offering nothing but professionalism from the moment the first shirt was removed all the way through to the end of the event. Individuals or small groups can go through together without any fear of being in close contact with others outside of the haunted house actors and staff. And while we had special permission to film inside this experience, cameras are strictly prohibited, ensuring everyone’s private parts remain just that.

The Naked and Scared Challenge was never meant to be sexual, only to offer a way for thrill seekers to face a different sort of fear. Perhaps next year the necessary actions will be taken to let Shocktoberfest visitors take it all off in the name of Halloween. But in the meantime, those still interested in going almost all the way can be assured they’ll still have a good time.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/09/video-naked-haunted-house-debuts-at-shocktoberfest-scream-park-as-eye-popping-nearly-nude-halloween-experience/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 05:32:23 pm by chrisw91 »
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

nerdynudist

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 07:21:12 pm »
This sounds super fun