Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Louisana: USA, The Naked Truth: Student attempts to start Nudist Club  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
The Naked Truth: Electrical engineering senior attempts to start nudist club

He isn’t a clothes-minded guy — he’s a typical college student who goes to class, does homework, hangs out with friends and attends mass on Sunday mornings. But this electrical engineering senior, who asked to remain anonymous, would prefer to be naked most of the time, temperature permitting.
Recently he’s decided to share his desire to be free and meet other potential nudist students by forming Geaux Bare: The Nudist Club at LSU.
He said he wants other University students to experience the nudist world and meet people they wouldn’t normally meet in the clothed world.
“The clothes kind of place barriers around the social structure; when you’re naked, those barriers are gone,” he said.

He said nudism is something personal to him and although he is not ashamed of who he is, he is not sure what the consequences of being labeled as a nudist may be.

He first discovered his desire to be a nudist while living in the University residence halls during his freshman year. He said his shower curtain was pulled back as a prank by another man as a way to humiliate him. Though the man began laughing, instead of being humiliated, he had a revelation.

“This is my body,” he thought. “This is who I am, and I shouldn’t be ashamed.”
So he continued his shower.
This body acceptance began to evolve and the number of clothes he wore became less and less.

His first true nudist experience came last semester during spring break. While thinking about how he wanted to spend his free time, he decided to go to the Indian Hills Nudist Park in Slidell. It was there he sang naked karaoke and realized how much he enjoyed being naked with others.
“The people were nice. They were very inviting, and that’s when it took off for me,” he said.

His experiences there drew him back a few more times that summer, and he decided to become a member of the park.
Nudist activities such as karaoke, body painting, hula-hooping or just talking with others are not sexually charged, he said.
However, he did acknowledge certain natural obstacles one may face while nude.

He said if a man is experiencing an erection, although rare, the proper procedure would be to cover it with a towel, flip on his stomach or retreat to the cool waters of a pool. If a woman is on her cycle, she would wear bottoms, he said.

His next experience with nudism was the World Naked Bike Ride in New Orleans, which he said was his favorite experience as a nudist because of the courage it took to go out in public naked.

“People wouldn’t know my name, but there are definitely people with their phones being held watching me go down the street,” he said.
Although his family and friends accept that he enjoys to be naked around others, they are not willing to become nudists.
He said when he discovered nudist groups around Louisiana, he found acceptance and friends, something he hopes to bring to more University students.
He said nudists are accepting of themselves, which makes them accepting of everyone else — something that makes them friendlier than the non-nudist world.
But his attempts to bring a nudist club to LSU may not be met with the same acceptance.
He began attempting to recruit members by posting signs around campus with the Geaux Bare email listed and had a mixed response. He said he has had many inquiries from both males and females, mostly asking for more information.
He has also begun requesting responses from TigerMail accounts because of the large amount of inquiries from people unaffiliated with the University.

He said he is concerned about people wanting to join the club for the wrong reasons, but those people will instantly stick out in the group and will either adapt to the situation are be asked not to come back.

He said he has two people who are serious about joining, and the next step is to choose a venue for the group’s introductory meeting.
Someone who is willing to take that step in self-acceptance and body-acceptance would be a good fit for Geaux Bare, he said.
He said anyone who comes to terms with who they are as a person can be a nudist.

“It’s not about what other people think, its about how you think about yourself because you have to live with your body,” he said.

http://www.lsureveille.com/news/the-naked-truth-electrical-engineering-senior-attempts-to-start-nudist/article_62996712-1f2c-11e3-87f9-0019bb30f31a.html
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

joers1023

Re: Louisana: USA, The Naked Truth: Student attempts to start Nudist Club
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »
Wish I would have thought of this in college! I hope it works out well for him

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 07:40:46 pm »
Wish I would have thought of this in college! I hope it works out well for him

:3145

Offline michigannoob

• just somebody trying to be nude
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 03:51:16 am »
I wish I had the courage to do something of the like, I don't know of any nudists around my town, so im all alone for the time being
Being naked is like being free

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I go nude every day, cuz baby, I was born this way
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 06:54:58 am »
I certainly wish him and his new group the best of luck!  I had a dorm-mate in college who we teased about being a nudist (I'm fairly certain he really was) but I was too scared to talk to him about it.  I really wish I'd talked to him because I may have been able to join the world of social nudism far sooner.  Thanks for sharing this article Danee!
Slaínte,

Paul

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 11:24:07 am »
 :e4444
nude is natural

Offline Zolrix

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:15:52 pm »
I wish him the best

Offline Amadeus

• Cuddles
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Live naturally! The way we are created!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 01:21:19 am »
That's a tough thing to do but that's what helps naturism grow is people like him. I wish him the best and keep us updated. Thanks Danee!
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.” - W. Clement Stone
We are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). Our birthday suits are divine and are not to be covered up. We are made perfect and we do not need material things to make us "better".