Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naturism - a bum deal?  (Read 2831 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
Naturism - a bum deal?
« on: September 25, 2013, 02:08:46 pm »
Could you bare all to wander freely outdoors on site? Would you be nervously darting from pitch to pitch, hiding behind every available obstacle to hide your appendage or would you bound down to the beach, unashamed in your birthday suit?

Naturism has been established in the UK since 1924, yet it still suffers from a stigma of self-image and associated connotations that put a lot of people off a possibly freeing experience. Besides, if nothing else, people’s rude bits are often subject of many amusing conversations, giggles and innuendo [in your endo – Ed].

To get an idea of naturism’s ins and outs, for want of a better word, we sent Janet Haines away for a week of de-clothing and bum flashing.

How do you get used to it?

“You need to pace yourself with naturism,” Janet explains. “Arriving on site and setting up your van and awning, with all your clothes on, is perfectly acceptable. But the following morning the pressure is on – this is when the giggles start.”

However, it didn’t take long for our body-conscious contributor to get comfortable, taking the next step in shedding the layers and joining the uncovered crowds.

“The realisation hit us as a shock that very few people are traditionally beautiful without their clothes on,” says Janet. “They come in all shapes and sizes. The lifelong members of this club are as tanned as chestnuts. While those wearing the tanned legs and arms with apparent white T-shirts and shorts are, like us, newbies.

“We walked down to the beach, with just sunglasses on, not because of the sun, but just so that we didn’t have to make eye contact. With sunglasses we can sort of hide the fact that our eyes are out on stalks.

“In a world where everything is on view, the two unspoken rules seem to be ‘no cameras’ and ‘no binoculars’. We soon came to realise that we’re in a safe environment and slowly our muscles began to relax. Life without clothes on began to feel normal.”

In fact, the normality of the nudist world even extends to entertainment and activities, with sunbathing, shopping, tennis, cycling, swimming and yoga all on the cards. Not to mention walking along the beach with the wind in your hairs.

So it’s not about insecurities, finger pointing, perverted points of view and what’s socially accepted – naturism is as invigorating as it gets, building confidence and enjoying a community that is little understood by the mainstream.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Caravans/Articles/Articles/Naturism-a-bum-deal/_ch2_ft738_pg1

I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

fsjm2112

Re: Naturism - a bum deal?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:03:47 am »
Good article!  :e2w

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:15:09 pm »
Very cool.

She went in with an open mind and it seems to have worked out really well.

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:31:18 pm »
I recognize that beach entryway!

joers1023

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 08:58:15 pm »
I just got out of school with a journalism degree.  It'd be awesome if I could find a place or two for some naturism stories.

fsjm2112

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 02:34:14 am »
Very cool.

She went in with an open mind and it seems to have worked out really well.

I think being open-minded is the first step to developing an interest in naturism. After that it's getting comfortable being naked around others. Probably the hardest hurdle to cross.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 01:06:35 pm »
thanks for sharing
nude is natural