Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Ultimate Song Challenge  (Read 27704 times)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: The Ultimate Song Challenge
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2013, 09:50:46 pm »
The timing is a bit awkward to begin with, since the lack of continuity around day 45/46 made us lose track of what day it actually is, and with a mix of European and American posts the timezones dilute day boundaries. So when you posted the oldest song on what might have been the 11th for you (no, I did not do the math), it was already the 12th here so our British members locked in on that and I followed suit, despite my math telling me it should have been day 48 already. So naturally, I posted my day 48 song one day after my day 47 song - but it was at a different time of the day and you had already caught up.
Next time we do this, we should either specify calendar days or agree on a timezone to avoid this, I guess. And one day appears to have been lost before the 45/46 break if my math works out.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2013, 10:06:30 pm »
I agree. Also - I wonder if making it shorter would entice more people to participate - or maybe making an IYNO announcement ahead of when we actually start it?

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2013, 12:11:42 am »
I agree. Also - I wonder if making it shorter would entice more people to participate - or maybe making an IYNO announcement ahead of when we actually start it?

Both good suggestions. Perhaps it would be best sticking to 30 days like before. An announcement would certainly help get a few more people to join in. Maybe even have everyone follow it in their own time rather all of us staying on the same day, if you know what I mean. That way people can come in and join whenever, and it gives the thread more longevity.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2013, 10:32:52 pm »
Day 50: Good-Bye

'Til next time Gents!