Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Female Rowing Club down to birthday suits for charity calender.  (Read 4740 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Westernyelp

Re: Female Rowing Club down to birthday suits for charity calender.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 04:55:49 pm »
Fair play, hope they make some money!

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 09:09:55 am »
 :345678
nude is natural

Jackthenudist

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 11:58:55 am »
I know what calendar I'm buying for next year now. :P

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Warwick University’s naked calendar girls are back for 2014
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 12:54:29 pm »
Warwick University’s naked calendar girls are back for 2014 – despite last year’s feminist backlash

The Warwick Uni rowing club's new calendar will help a cancer charity
    Last year's calendar hit the headlines after criticism from feminist bloggers
    Rowers say they hope attention will be on the cause and not the feminists

Last year, the Warwick University ladies rowing team made headlines when their nude charity calendar became the target of criticism from feminist bloggers.
But despite the blogger's best efforts, the fundraiser proved a success and resulted in more than £600 being donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Now, the Warwick girls are back with a new calendar and say they won't be told when and where to show off their bodies by feminists.

Unabashed: Hettie (centre) and her fellow rowers haven't been put off by the backlash as these images reveal

'In our opinion, the feminists who criticised our calendar for hampering the feminist cause are contradicting their own argument.,' explained students Hettie Reed, Frankie Salzano and Sophie Bell - all of whom appear in the new calendar.

'Surely what feminists are seeking to achieve is equality for men and women - be it in jobs, pay, opportunities or the impression that society has of them.
'As the men of our club have produced a successful [naked] calendar for the past four years, we are more than entitled to do the same thing.'
They added: 'As politics students all three of us would consider ourselves feminists, any woman who wants equality would, but we don't think that we are hampering the cause - in fact we think we are furthering it.'

In a blog post for the Huffington Post, Layla Haidrani, who describes herself as a commentator on feminist issues, described the initiative as 'tacky' and insisted that the girls were 'victims in the liberation game'.

'Groups of women posing semi-naked on a field with sticks doesn't sound a fundraising initiative for charity, it just sounds tacky,' she wrote.
'Although many argue that it is purely for fundraising purposes, in my own university sports team, the majority of women who participated were not made aware and did not even seek to find out which charities were being helped.
'Rather, they just view it as an opportunity to strip and attempt to gain notoriety with friends and family both back home and on campus.
'As opposed to being liberated by posing semi-naked, they are in fact just helping women to be perpetually viewed as sex objects, something to be "bought", "sold" and then tossed away once the Christmas period is over.'

But the Warwick rowers, far from being put off by the backlash, insist that Haidrani was wrong to criticise them and say they received overwhelming support from the general public.

'The controversy last year was a shame considering it was all intended for a good cause,' explains Hettie.
'Ultimately, we received an overwhelming amount of support with many people sending in emails thanking us for supporting such a great charity and sharing stories with us about how Macmillan Cancer Support had benefited them.'

Like last year's effort, the 2014 calendar comes in tasteful black and white and features the girls posing in a variety of rowing-related scenes, including wandering out of the boat shed and standing next to a wooden pier with life jackets to cover their modesty.
And like its predecessor, proceeds from the £7.99 calendar will also be used to help fund the work of Macmillan Cancer Support - something that Hettie hopes attention will focus on this year.
'This year's calendar is more to do with raising awareness of the amazing work that Macmillan Cancer Support does and helping them to help more people,' she pleads.
'This is something which shouldn't be detracted from by a political debate over the feminist cause.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2461373/Warwick-University-s-naked-calendar-girls-2014--despite-year-s-feminist-backlash.html

http://www.warwickrowing.org/shop.php?Doc=nakedcalendar

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Jackthenudist

Re: Warwick University’s naked calendar girls are back for 2014
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 01:22:49 pm »
Am I confused as to where they're getting the sexism card from?

Because the men of the rowing club do a naked calendar as well, why can't the females do the same?

N.M.S.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »
Well the feminist backlash sure is a shame. Nor does it make any sense. But that aside, I hope they do raise a considerable amount of money for the cancer research.