Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Facebook: Beheadings? Yes. Nudity? Tread lightly  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Facebook: Beheadings? Yes. Nudity? Tread lightly
« on: October 22, 2013, 10:05:03 pm »
Facebook FB +0.09% , after placing a temporary ban on violent images and video, is again allowing disturbing footage back on its site, according to a report from the BBC on Monday.

But there’s a caveat. Posts that “glorify violence” will be pulled. Condemning the acts is key.
Back in May, the social network reacted to outcry against graphic content, specifically the beheading of a woman in Mexico for cheating on her husband, by deleting the video. Now, the company has returned to the policy of allowing it.

“Facebook has long been a place where people turn to share their experiences, particularly when they’re connected to controversial events on the ground, such as human rights abuses, acts of terrorism and other violent events,” a rep told the BBC. “People are sharing this video on Facebook to condemn it. If the video were being celebrated, or the actions in it encouraged, our approach would be different.”

For what it’s worth, Facebook’s strict limitations on nudity are still in place. Violence, we can handle. A bare breast is a different story entirely.
– Shawn Langlois
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

nerdynudist

Re: Facebook: Beheadings? Yes. Nudity? Tread lightly
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:24:36 pm »
Isn't this kind of trend seen with almost anything now in days. As much as it sucks.

N.M.S.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 05:16:06 am »
I will never understand why people are so relaxed about violent images but at the same time will flip shit at the site of the human body in its natural state. I despise this twisted sense of morality.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:46:51 am »
This is all so backwards.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:10 am »
“Facebook has long been a place where people turn to share their experiences, particularly when they’re connected to controversial events on the ground, such as human rights abuses, acts of terrorism and other violent events,” a rep told the BBC. “People are sharing this video on Facebook to condemn it. If the video were being celebrated, or the actions in it encouraged, our approach would be different.”

What a huge steaming pile of
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

joers1023

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 11:35:04 am »
thats america for you

INnudeguy

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 12:22:29 pm »
thats america for you

Don't go bashing America its the policy of facebook not most Americans.  Also FB is pretty much International now inspite of the fact that Zuckerman was from the usa.

Jackthenudist

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 01:01:35 pm »
I love how it says they lifted the ban on these videos after a review.

You can just imagine the meeting. "So, videos of beheading and other gratuitous violence. What do we think?"

"Yeah, I think it's perfectly fine and acceptable for our 13-year-old Facebook members to view decapitations."

"How about a woman's breasts?"

"WHAT?! Are you mad? Don't you know that nudity can scar people for life?"

Jackthenudist

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 01:14:39 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but it seems they've now changed the rules back to something resembling normal and respectable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24635498