Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Steam online gaming groups!!!  (Read 7951 times)

Offline MountainHiker

• Nude with Towel
  • Natural lifestyle
  • Referrals: 0
Steam online gaming groups!!!
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:50 pm »
I've seen a few posts about video games and decided to throw this idea up here. Would anyone be interested in an online gaming group for the forum? I use Steam and Xbox live, and I'm sure most other gamers out there use one or both of those as well. Maybe if enough people are interested, we could start a steam group or put up an index of sorts for sharing each other's gamertags or Steam names. I would definitely be interested in doing some group gaming with some of the folks here, and I think it would be pretty cool for the teen members too. I can't think of a much better way to get to know people without actually meeting them in person.

Your thoughts?

Edit: I have created a Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IYNO which is open to any member of IYNO and their guests. If you are  interested, please PM me for an invite; I can't add you to the group unless you give me your Steam name. I am also looking for officers and mods for the group, preferably moderators from this website. If you have interest in such a position, please mention that in the PM and I'll get back to you!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:49:56 pm by MountainHiker »

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Online gaming groups!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:41:34 pm »
An intriguing idea - I have moved it to the appropriate area.
The group would probably be unofficial though - we cannot moderate off-site groups as efficiently as the site itself, so we are careful about that.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Nudielad

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:03:13 pm »
I am completely for this, lets get something put together  :grin:

Offline MountainHiker

• Nude with Towel
  • Natural lifestyle
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 12:34:33 am »
Well, I'm a noob and you're a veteran mod. How do we make it happen? Tell more people? Spread the word? Let's do it!

NatureForever

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 05:36:34 am »
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Offline MountainHiker

• Nude with Towel
  • Natural lifestyle
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 05:37:09 am »
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Say what mate?

Zeraf242

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 04:18:23 pm »
I'm up for joining a steam group.

Nudielad

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 05:46:51 pm »
Well, I'm a noob and you're a veteran mod. How do we make it happen? Tell more people? Spread the word? Let's do it!

Need to generate some interest first, who's interested and what not and go from there.

NatureForever

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 04:09:13 am »
I'm in.

fsjm2112

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:13 pm »
I'm in on the steam group. I'm not on too often but I would join frequently.

Zeraf242

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 12:35:07 am »
I'm assuming that the group should be private so that people from here (or possibly some friends of ours) could join the group?

Nudielad

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 10:00:58 am »
I'm assuming that the group should be private so that people from here (or possibly some friends of ours) could join the group?

Yes that would make sense

Offline MountainHiker

• Nude with Towel
  • Natural lifestyle
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 07:28:39 pm »
Well, I see that at least a few folks are interested in some gaming, so I took the liberty of creating a Steam group for IYNO. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IYNO

I also posted a link to the website and a short message at the top of the board for new folks to find easily. If you want in PM me, I also need officers and mods (Preferably mods or veterans from this website, since you would be of great assistance as far as relations to this organization are concerned.) So if anyone would be interested in that position, let me know via PM. Thanks, I look forward to gaming with you soon!

Nudielad

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 11:49:19 pm »
Well, I see that at least a few folks are interested in some gaming, so I took the liberty of creating a Steam group for IYNO. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IYNO

I also posted a link to the website and a short message at the top of the board for new folks to find easily. If you want in PM me, I also need officers and mods (Preferably mods or veterans from this website, since you would be of great assistance as far as relations to this organization are concerned.) So if anyone would be interested in that position, let me know via PM. Thanks, I look forward to gaming with you soon!

Well done! Get me in there  :grin:

Zeraf242

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 04:16:21 am »
Me too plz!