Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Writing  (Read 5719 times)

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Writing
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 03:19:38 am »
(cracks fingers)
…It was a dark time. It seemed eerily cursed. The streets of Chicago, a city I onced called home, now dwells on the globe as a haven for evil. What took place to cause such a dramatic downturn, nobody can say. Crime and chaos drowned all civil values in a storm of criminal genius, and my former home became a prison to anybody who valued benevolence. Many rioted out of what some call courage, and others stupidity. The rest of the population took refuge as far south as the heart could bare. Shadows of the infamous Snakeskin Rogues crept from every corner of this God-forsaken city to prey upon the lives of innocent citizens. The government refused to took action, and the law held no meaning any longer. Where others saw only fear, I saw optimism. Such a riddle was bound to be investigated, and the origins and intentions of the Snakeskin Rogues had yet to be revealed. I couldn't call myself an American if I wasn't able to rise against these demons, whether it meant freedom or death. My heart sank in agony as my goals became clear, but the land of the free is also the home of the brave. My story of submission and rebellion is written by the blood of the innocent lives that fell to the Snakeskin Rogues.
(End of Prelogue)
comments?

Hmm.. I felt the place look foggy and very cold.. and people wear thick jacket.
See? You're already absorbed into the story. Unfortunately, I have nothing after that, but I'd say it has great potential.

Yep! Set the mood pretty well - actually sounds post-apocalyptic. Anyway you've got some talent so why not take a bit further and turn it into a story?

closetnudist

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 03:24:05 am »
(cracks fingers)
…It was a dark time. It seemed eerily cursed. The streets of Chicago, a city I onced called home, now dwells on the globe as a haven for evil. What took place to cause such a dramatic downturn, nobody can say. Crime and chaos drowned all civil values in a storm of criminal genius, and my former home became a prison to anybody who valued benevolence. Many rioted out of what some call courage, and others stupidity. The rest of the population took refuge as far south as the heart could bare. Shadows of the infamous Snakeskin Rogues crept from every corner of this God-forsaken city to prey upon the lives of innocent citizens. The government refused to took action, and the law held no meaning any longer. Where others saw only fear, I saw optimism. Such a riddle was bound to be investigated, and the origins and intentions of the Snakeskin Rogues had yet to be revealed. I couldn't call myself an American if I wasn't able to rise against these demons, whether it meant freedom or death. My heart sank in agony as my goals became clear, but the land of the free is also the home of the brave. My story of submission and rebellion is written by the blood of the innocent lives that fell to the Snakeskin Rogues.
(End of Prelogue)
comments?

See? You're already absorbed into the story. Unfortunately, I have nothing after that, but I'd say it has great potential.

Yep! Set the mood pretty well - actually sounds post-apocalyptic. Anyway you've got some talent so why not take a bit further and turn it into a story?

I love post-apocalyptic stories!! I think I have stories about that kind too..

NatureForever

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 03:59:28 am »
(cracks fingers)
(End of Prelogue)
comments?

*twiddles curly mustache*
Why, thank you good sir.

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 10:38:07 pm »
Writing is interesting because there is a mass amount of people who say they write or are writers.  Furthermore, who are those people and what makes them writers?  A writer has to constantly and effectively focus on perfecting two things, because writing is always situated and strategic.  If someone were to point to one word from a 100 page book/report/whatever, then the author better be able to explain the importance of that word.  It's called contingency planning.  Remember that the next time you write a paper for school or a business report.  While you think about that, also think about why I used the word "perfecting."

One day I hope to write a novel about naturists, but until then, there is much to learn and practice before I start.

Offline abeautifulworld

• abeautifulworld
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 10:53:21 pm »
During my caravan trip I will start writing. I've always wanted to write a book about my life and target it toward teens and twenties (I am now 30) in hope that they do not repeat my errors or at least learn to accept those things that they cannot change in their life (rather than struggle with them).

I've got a very challenging family with each member definitely able to have a story of their own. Plus, I am not mainstream in any way despite making efforts to become mainstream. I try to conform to societies expectations but the reality is that I always end up being the odd one out as I find so many things ludicrous. For example, why should we allow one man (yes I said man, not woman) to have a net worth of $300 Million when so many struggle to survive? Why should we label females who are sexually free or open with their bodies as deviant scum (which in my recent experience was done by ladies preaching about god). In some ways naturism is also a non-conforming mindset as we fail to apply the same 'shame and judgement' rules that apply to the rest of society. I guess being different can be a good thing if you are around other people who choose to open their minds to different people who take unique approaches, but most people actively avoid those whose practices actively encourage them to question their own mindsets and realities. You can see where I am going here (I hope)!

I have no idea whether I will publish this book or simply put it online. Time will tell. 

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Local Moderator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 12:23:40 am »
Still got my latest story going around in my head it seems pretty good. Should properly write it down soon before I forget it. :azn:
I'm everywhere and nowhere

INnudeguy

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 12:31:12 am »
I admire people with this talent.  I struggle just doing essay questions on tests  :embarrassed:

Offline NudieDaniel

• Local Moderator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 12:41:50 am »
I admire people with this talent.  I struggle just doing essay questions on tests  :embarrassed:

If I don't know the answer I'm no better, making up shit is easy.

closetnudist

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 02:07:05 am »
When I get the chance, I would put my adventures in a hardbound book and re-mastered the contents. with pics of course.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 07:24:05 am »
I have written several  short stories, but they aren't the kind of things one would want shared here. But a friend who did read them before I deleted them said that they were very good and that I should keep writing more of them.

Never delete.
Archive, encrypt, hide but never delete. It will give you a fascinating view of your past self later on.
Also sometimes stories can't be saved but usually it's easier to rewrite and tweak an existing story than it is to sit staring at a blank page.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 11:22:49 am »
I have written several  short stories, but they aren't the kind of things one would want shared here. But a friend who did read them before I deleted them said that they were very good and that I should keep writing more of them.

Never delete.
Archive, encrypt, hide but never delete. It will give you a fascinating view of your past self later on.
Also sometimes stories can't be saved but usually it's easier to rewrite and tweak an existing story than it is to sit staring at a blank page.

Now that you mention it, how does encryption work basically?

Offline NudieDaniel

• Local Moderator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 12:00:12 am »
Well, here it is

Disclaimer

This story uses real people, current events and sometimes future events to make things more interesting. Also the author finds using a little reality as base easier to write from. Everything that takes place is fictional, the author will also use little notes to explain things like real stuff and New Zealand slang used.

Prologue

One day the parents of a young naturist decided they wanted to send their son to a foreign country because it might help bring him out more whatever hell that meant. This was crazy for them sending their son to a foreign country by himself. So when they suggested it to him, he thought he kill the idea by saying “I know a guy in New Zealand I could stay with” sadly they said to contact him to make sure. When he  messaged him the reply was 'Ok, well if it's confirmed we'll do stuff in Auckland for about a week, then I'll rent us a campervan and we'll travel the country and do some naked stuff :p'. Not the reply I was looking for he thought, oh well that means I'm going to New Zealand then(sigh), at least I'll get to be naked more often I guess.

The next day he reluctantly told his parents, that the guy in New Zealand is ok with him, staying with him, but didn't mention he was a naturist for obvious reasons. Then they said they would book the tickets today and that's when the anxiety sunk in. Oh shit don't they remember I hate flying, maybe this whole thing is a joke, hahaha real funny guys I hope it's a joke please let it be a joke pleaseee, he said. Later, when the ticket and itinerary landed in his hands reality had taken a real twist indeed. Now to tell him I'm coming I guess he said. It seemed the hardest part of this adventure would be getting on the plane.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:09:53 am by nudieDaniel »

EJniceguy

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »
I like to write creatively. My problem is, I try to edit as I go and I lose my train of thought and then that's when everything starts going bad. Any tips for me on how to get rid of that problem?

Offline disabled_nudist_male

• I'm a nudist confined to a wheelchair
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 10:20:42 pm »
back when I was in the 5th grade, i began writing song lyrics. I would write about things that happened in my life up to that point and random stuff like love, hatred, etc. Then, I began to dive into short story writing, and later began a series. I ended it at 10 stories which detailed the life of an american teenage boy and his friends as they traversed through their daily lives. When I was around 14 (same age when I became interested in nudism), I dropped story writing and began to focus solely on songs. To date, i've written roughly 50 or 60 songs, and now they mostly deal with things I see in the news. It's been several months since I wrote anything new, however.
Jeremy

Density

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 03:08:59 pm »
i do a lot of writing in my journal to help me self-improve. it really helps to put my thoughts down so i can just examine the things that are happening in my life and be able to figure out how I approached them as well as how to approach the situation again should it ever come around again.