Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Writing  (Read 5717 times)

Offline JoeGrenier

• Casually Dressed
  • Making ridiculous puns is my best skill.
  • Referrals: 0
Writing
« on: December 02, 2013, 04:10:26 pm »
Hello :) I was wondering if more people on here are writers? I myself wrote about 3-4 books along with a multitude of poems and prose and you name it. (In french as it's my main language and offers a much more diverse way of expressing oneself than english. Haha.)

I never published anything and never will before I die. My plan is to spend my life judging what I write and IF I decide to publish something, it'll be with money I saved up over time and only when I'm near death. (Or maybe give money to someone when I die so he can publish what I deem "worthy")

Anyway writing is a great hobby of mine! Anyone else a writer? ^^

nudistwannabe

Re: Writing
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 04:21:17 pm »
I would like to get into writing.  I have an idea for a fantasy novel, but every time I sit down to write, I will write about four or five pages.  Then I read over what I wrote and realize it is crap.  I have no problem writing research papers but writing creatively is difficult.

Offline JoeGrenier

• Casually Dressed
  • Making ridiculous puns is my best skill.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:40:44 pm »
I found that if you want to "start" writing in a cohesive way, it's best not to write a novel or a play. Maybe you should try to write text for a game; I used to be making a game with my brother, and if we just look at chapter 1 of 8, I had 260 pages of various conversations between the characters, and it could always be either some "funny skits", or people expression views and arguing about religion, politics, and so on. I think it's great to write that way, it made me think a lot more about actual politics and religion and such, in order to be able to make characters that seem clever, pleasant, sarcastic to a point and interesting... including the characters that had opinions that differed greatly from mine.

vampisol

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:14:00 am »
I love to write (In Spanish, my native language) But I never published anything, maybe because I´m not sure about the quality of my work. But now It´s quite easy with services like Amazon...

Offline doriangraim

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 08:37:06 pm »
I'm a writer too and don't expect to publish any of my novels. I just write to stimulate my imagination and the pleasure to create a whole universe.

NatureForever

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 06:59:22 am »
(cracks fingers)
…It was a dark time. It seemed eerily cursed. The streets of Chicago, a city I onced called home, now dwells on the globe as a haven for evil. What took place to cause such a dramatic downturn, nobody can say. Crime and chaos drowned all civil values in a storm of criminal genius, and my former home became a prison to anybody who valued benevolence. Many rioted out of what some call courage, and others stupidity. The rest of the population took refuge as far south as the heart could bare. Shadows of the infamous Snakeskin Rogues crept from every corner of this God-forsaken city to prey upon the lives of innocent citizens. The government refused to took action, and the law held no meaning any longer. Where others saw only fear, I saw optimism. Such a riddle was bound to be investigated, and the origins and intentions of the Snakeskin Rogues had yet to be revealed. I couldn't call myself an American if I wasn't able to rise against these demons, whether it meant freedom or death. My heart sank in agony as my goals became clear, but the land of the free is also the home of the brave. My story of submission and rebellion is written by the blood of the innocent lives that fell to the Snakeskin Rogues.
(End of Prelogue)
comments?

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 03:13:50 pm »
Aside from this bit?

The government refused to took action

Not bad.

NatureForever

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 09:14:27 pm »
Aside from this bit?

The government refused to took action

Not bad.
LOL Typo
*The government refused to TAKE action

closetnudist

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 03:02:56 am »
(cracks fingers)
…It was a dark time. It seemed eerily cursed. The streets of Chicago, a city I onced called home, now dwells on the globe as a haven for evil. What took place to cause such a dramatic downturn, nobody can say. Crime and chaos drowned all civil values in a storm of criminal genius, and my former home became a prison to anybody who valued benevolence. Many rioted out of what some call courage, and others stupidity. The rest of the population took refuge as far south as the heart could bare. Shadows of the infamous Snakeskin Rogues crept from every corner of this God-forsaken city to prey upon the lives of innocent citizens. The government refused to took action, and the law held no meaning any longer. Where others saw only fear, I saw optimism. Such a riddle was bound to be investigated, and the origins and intentions of the Snakeskin Rogues had yet to be revealed. I couldn't call myself an American if I wasn't able to rise against these demons, whether it meant freedom or death. My heart sank in agony as my goals became clear, but the land of the free is also the home of the brave. My story of submission and rebellion is written by the blood of the innocent lives that fell to the Snakeskin Rogues.
(End of Prelogue)
comments?

Hmm.. I felt the place look foggy and very cold.. and people wear thick jacket.

NatureForever

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 03:06:38 am »
(cracks fingers)
(End of Prelogue)
comments?

See? You're already absorbed into the story. Unfortunately, I have nothing after that, but I'd say it has great potential.

closetnudist

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 03:08:38 am »
(cracks fingers)
(End of Prelogue)
comments?

See? You're already absorbed into the story. Unfortunately, I have nothing after that, but I'd say it has great potential.

You're right. Hahaha. LOL!! I used to write school newspaper back in High School.

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 03:23:20 am »
I used to write for my High School Newspaper and I currently write on my own blog. I also have had the idea to write several nonfiction books, which are much easier for me to write than fiction.
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 05:25:33 am »
I have shared this following statement with the OP in numerous private messages but i'll share it with y'all

i've been trying to write my whole life. my current project is a screenplay trilogy about a school for superheroes and nudists being drafted to fight into World War 3

i've also tried coming up with a movie about auto racing, an underdog vs. his arrogant sister

oh and my oldest active idea, 7 school districts go to summer camp and try to build their own countries, as you can imagine it doesn't end well

those are my 3 (7) current projects

NatureForever

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:05 am »
I have shared this following statement with the OP in numerous private messages but i'll share it with y'all

i've been trying to write my whole life. my current project is a screenplay trilogy about a school for superheroes and nudists being drafted to fight into World War 3

i've also tried coming up with a movie about auto racing, an underdog vs. his arrogant sister

oh and my oldest active idea, 7 school districts go to summer camp and try to build their own countries, as you can imagine it doesn't end well

They sound pretty interesting!

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:40 am »

Awesome! Get a tape recorder and 'write' as you drive.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:19:08 am by ToneBender »