Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is Nudism OK for our kids?  (Read 81288 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Is Nudism OK for our kids?
« on: December 13, 2013, 04:20:26 am »
Imagine two young boys.  One has visited a nudist club many times with his family, the other may have only rarely seen a parent unclothed, and they may have seemed embarrassed when that happened.

The non-nudist boy says to his friend, "Look what I've found!" as he shows the nudist kid a copy of Playboy or some similar magazine, which he found somewhere.

As they look at the pictures of scantily clothed, erotically posed women, the boy who has seen hundreds of people of all ages and body types, will probably think,  "I've seen lots of naked people before.  Why does he want to sneak looks at this?"  He might also think, "This isn't even what most people look like."

Growing up without shame

Puberty can be a very difficult time for adolescents;  their bodies are growing rapidly, their genitals are changing, body hair is developing.  Some kids feel clumsy.  Many are embarrassed by the changes that are taking place.  They can become VERY body-conscious.  At that time, a wise parent will try to keep lines of honest communication open but still give them privacy and time to be alone in their room or with their friends.  Most adolescents would rather be ANYWHERE except where their parents are.

All these things happen to nudist kids, tooThe one big difference for kids who were lucky enough to grow up in a nudist environment is that those kids have literally seen those changes take place, as their older friends and/or siblings went through that difficult time.  Because of that experience, they are better prepared for it themselves.

Safety

We read in the papers almost daily of some teacher, youth leader, church official or some other trusted individual who took advantage of a child in a sexual way.  With hundreds of nudist clubs in North America, that problem almost never takes place at our facilities.

A family which is open enough to have experienced nudism, just like a healthy non-nudist family, is also open enough to have discussed sex abuse with their children.  These children know that they can tell their parents immediately if they ever suspect that something is wrong.
We have been told by authorities that the reason nudist clubs have a very low incidence of sex offenders is that we have the reputation of prosecuting those individuals, while until recent years, many other organizations have "swept those problems under a rug", more concerned with their public image than with the safety of the people they should have been protecting.

Historically, sex abusers have felt much safer committing their misdeeds within organizations which have tried to cover up their problems with molesters.

You may find it encouraging to know that Bare Buns, and many other nudist clubs, have a very good relationship with law enforcement agencies.  Some of their officers are members of our club.  You can be certain that if we were doing anything illegal or immoral, they wouldn't join.  Instead, they would very quickly close us down!

Another fact to ponder:  Almost all sex offenders are males.  At a nudist club, it would be very easy to tell if a man were to become sexually excited.

Some other interesting facts

Surveys show that overall, adults who were reared as nudists think of their childhoods as having been stable.  They also find that nudists tend to be very slightly better educated than their non-nudist peers.

We don't present this information in an attempt to try to make ourselves appear to be "better" than our non-nudist friends;  instead, this information could explain some other interesting observations about nudists' lives:

The divorce rate is lower among nudist families, and their children tend to make better grades than similar children in non-nudist families.  We don't think that this is BECAUSE the families are nudists;  it's more likely that the marriages are more stable AND their kids make good grades AND the families are nudists because the family members  tend to communicate a little more openly with each other in their daily lives.
Learning to accept and respect all bodies

In spite of what Madison Avenue would have us think, human bodies really do come in all sizes, shapes, and conditions.  Few are "beautiful" using Hollywood's standards.  We think it's helpful for kids to learn this early on;  you may be aware that in those parts of the world where nudity is acceptable at places like the beach and public saunas, there is a much lower rate of eating disorders and suicides among youth.

In those cultures, where kids see all types and ages unclothed, they learn acceptance of the maturing and aging processes;  they don't think they have to have face lifts, boob jobs and collagen injections to become socially acceptable;  they don't grow up thinking "You are what you wear".

They've probably never had a case of a kid being killed for his tennis shoes or his Eddie Bauer jacket!

We think that when Americans learn to accept the body as natural and wholesome, many of our social problems which stem from body acceptance will decline.

From: http://nudistsociety.blogspot.mx/2013/01/is-this-ok-for-our-kids.html

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

NatureForever

Re: Is Nudism OK for our kids?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:23:36 am »
Kids are nudists until you teach them otherwise. That's nature. Why wouldn't it be okay?

closetnudist

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 04:42:58 am »
I like the last paragraph. That's the reason I'll gonna teach body positivity to my future children.

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:36:38 am »
 :e4444
That's why if I ever have kids, I will rise them as naturist.  I can also see why nudist/naturist are more open about stuff which also makes them closer and makes them have less problems than non nudist families.

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 03:17:06 am »
Well this is the reason why I wanna raise a nudist family of my own. I think by having a positive body image and raising kids with this philosophy, that we're not only creating a new positive outlook on our bodies, but we're also making society better, by having less issues within ourselves. I'm more than willing to raise my own kids as naturists... I just have to find a suitable female partner willing to give it a chance, but I'm asking a bit too much I guess since it is more unlikely to find a true naturist woman with the same ideals.... Ummm, anyone wanna marry me and have my naturist children? lol, j/k.  :tongue:  :azn:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:50:09 am by nudistmexman »
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

DarkGentleman

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 03:21:57 am »
   If I ever have children, there's no question that i'm raising them naturally.

Offline Naturalguy87

• Shouting it out loud
  • Can't PM cuz of a banned member lol
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »
Very good article, Danee.  Now if only we could get mainstream society to see it that way.

INnudeguy

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 12:22:55 am »
:e4444
That's why if I ever have kids, I will rise them as naturist.  I can also see why nudist/naturist are more open about stuff which also makes them closer and makes them have less problems than non nudist families.

This....... :e2w

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 08:07:05 pm »
I read that book, "The Naked Child Growing up without Shame" by Dennis Smith and Dr. W. Sparks.  It's a great read for those like me who haven't grown up in a free household.  I have always been jealous of kids who grew up as such. 
All I have to say about raising kids in their natural state is you better find a partner who wants the same lifestyle as you.  I've talked to way too many people that got into relationships where the other person doesn't want the naturist lifestyle.  In society today, that person is going to be the one with "law" on their side. 

closetnudist

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 04:26:17 am »
off topic: I think the 2 picture are owned by the fat brunette lady because she is present on both pics (I'm looking at her necklace which looks similar on 2 pics). I think she also has another pic where in she is with her son (holding a crab) and daughter. I want to hear her story and how she raised her children..

Offline bobobear3b

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 09:23:15 am »
I feel like people don't want to raise their kids around nudity as a body issue they themselves have not only because if people that wouldn't understand n accept naturism would call them perverts. They could also have very strong uptight religious beliefs that prevent them from it. If more people in the world just started burning all their clothes n just went birthday suit 24/7 then people would finally accept that nudity is not just a sexually intimate thing between couples but also a part of being free...truly free of all the restrictions of who is better dressed n who looks hotter in a gucci (goo-chee) skirt or a south pole shirt or american eagle underwear....i feel like naturism would bring a more Utopian society in all countries n bring less war n conflict. but thats my opinion.  :322  :422  :45

ithildin

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 11:07:38 am »
Thank you for that article!

Offline BobbyStang

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 01:58:13 pm »
That's a really good article.
My family is pretty normal, and love each other a lot.

Most of my friends have divorced parents, and a bunch of people I know have
Problems dealing with being naked cuz they are ashamed.

I am glad my family are nudist!

Offline Lemonfresh

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 06:58:40 pm »
Kids are nudists until you teach them otherwise. That's nature. Why wouldn't it be okay?

Fully agree to this statement.

Offline Riley_Gautier

• Chris' girl <3 Logans future mummy
  • Nude without Towel
  • My body is a canvas - to a growing baby boy
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 07:54:07 pm »
Id like to think that Chris would agree with me but when our baby is born and grows up I'd like them to think nudism is a beautiful thing and isn't 'wrong' they will no doubt see me and/or Chris naked and if they want to be naked around the home then that's acceptable :) I can't wait to be able toothache these things to our children
Can't wait to be a mummy <3