Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is Nudism OK for our kids?  (Read 81243 times)

Dude111

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 07:20:16 am »
Quote from: boris
that's why i think it is necessary to show the kids that being nude is just natural.

Excatly,I dont think there is anything wrong with innocent nudity!! (Casual nudity)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Is Nudism OK for our kids?
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 11:54:44 pm »
PSA:
Be careful with this site, there was a virus on the server when I started to look around on it. Im protected with my pc, but just be careful on it.

It seems happen a lot with blogspot blogs usually the theme or a widget has malicious code in it that the blogger doesn't know about usually so they need to remove it. Tend to find it a lot with inactive blogs     
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 12:00:26 am »
Without a doubt it is good for them and for the whole family.  My children were raised as Nudists in a nude household.  They are the better for it...with zero body shame or hangups and a appreciation of the body God has blessed them with.

:like Amen!
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline SOPHIEW

• BANNED
  • Topless with bottoms
  • No group shots apparently! ????
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 12:41:06 am »
I'm the eldest I'm my family with a younger brother and sister so I was kinda the first one to grow up as a nudist in my family apart from my mum.

In hindsight it was/is a brilliant way to grow up and has definitely made me a better person for it! I think it's made us closer as a family compared to my friends with the freedom to literally talk about anything without being embarrassed..

Obviously we have our moments going through puberty when it becomes an issue but then being a nudist is even more important.

Any questions let me know Xx

Offline Disisda1

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Just wearing my smile
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 01:22:21 am »
Our kids are perfectly fine with nudity at home.  Whether they choose to participate or not is their choice and my wife and I respect that.  But I can honestly say they do have a realistic view of the human body.

Offline annbirgit

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2016, 07:47:35 am »
I didnt understand all (cause of my bad English) but I liked what I read Danae. Showed it to my parents they fully agreed

steve tanner

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2016, 02:05:50 pm »
I was always embarassed of my body, and just how i looked in general, when I was growing up, especially as a young teenage boy. Kinda funny that even with that, I wished inside my own thoughts even then that I could just be totally naked and everyone see everything about me and my body naked, because I felt like it would make things feel like it was no big deal, and my own internal self-consciousness about my body and how i look would turn into nothing. (I was always kinda thin, that's really the only thing I can think of, looking back, that I felt embarassed about my body.. but it was kinda extreme at times, and caused me quite a bit of anxiety worrying about it). So if I had grown up naked, been able to go right into and through puberty totally naked and seen for who I really am under these clothes, I always wondered, even back then, if that wouldn't have fixed all the self-consciousness I felt as that young teenage boy.  Now that I'm grown up and past those days, I wish I would have grown up in a culture where it was totally normal, even expected, for anyone to just be naked any time they want. Being nude really is about the most natural thing there could be, and it's a shame societies have come to think we should be covered up. It caused all kinds of shame that should never exist! But that's just another reason I'm glad sites like this one exists, people who "get it", and here I am now, and feeling awesome just showing myself totally naked and natural! :) That brings another thought.. I've seen posts about making comments about people's body. I agree somewhat, but also feel like we shouldn't even need to feel bad about commenting about that with each other! I mean, like with me, there I am! You see everything! Undeniable. And people comment people's CLOTHES all the time, how "that looks nice on you", and comments like that. Well why not compliment something far more meaningful if you want to, someone's actual body!!?? That means so much more! And if you don't like something about them, well just don't say anything! Just like anything else in life! Ok just my 2 cents worth :P Thanks to everyone on this site for making it the awesome place it is! I hope to learn a lot, and I hope I get to be involved, in time, in real actual naked things with other people! Happy nude'ing, everyong! :)

Offline cp

• Retired Staff
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2016, 05:47:47 pm »
Kids are nudists until you teach them otherwise. That's nature. Why wouldn't it be okay?

Fully agree to this statement.
couldn't agree more, well said

Offline gbanude

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • "Just lookin' for chatty naturists!"
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2017, 08:10:21 pm »
Steve, your point is well made.  Why can't we just live and be naked?  Why must we as a people be shamed to cover up at home or in public?  The world would be so much more peaceful if people could just be themselves and live as they were created.  There is so much prejudice and misunderstanding in this world.  That is why education is the key.  Get out there and make a difference by discussing this with everyone you meet.  I'm preaching to the choir here...but the choir now has to go out and sing the praises and benefits of Nudism to the world.
People should be as nude as they wish to be in the privacy of their own homes. We are still talking about American freedom, right? Things have not changed since this Oct. post, have they?  :tongue:
"We are more to be pitied than blamed..."

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2017, 07:33:45 pm »
I am pleased that I was raised in a naked tolerant family, and we are a very very relaxed family, we do not seem to get angry or fall out in any significant way. The benefits of a naked lifestyle are very well documented but whenever I read a positive article it resonates with me and my family. This site is so affirming for me.

Positive answer !  :like
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.

Offline annbirgit

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 08:25:29 am »
I grew up in a extended nudist family. I went through all the affects of puberty. But my family were open and honest. I never felt awkward or needing to shy away from it, I still enjoyed being nude.

Yeah.. exactly same with me and my Family... so lucky about that

Offline Vensku

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
  • Be naked!
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 09:36:30 am »
Nudity is natural for children, but parents can poison their minds.

Offline SnowIOM

• Casually Dressed
  • Don’t be shamed of you
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 09:49:41 am »
I am the eldest of my lot and theres five of us I am the oldest. Whole family has always been nude when its practical sept when we have people visit or its to cold. I don’t think it has done us any harm.

Offline sargam

• Casually Dressed
  • Feel free to PM me anytime
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 08:17:31 pm »
Imagine two young boys.  One has visited a nudist club many times with his family, the other may have only rarely seen a parent unclothed, and they may have seemed embarrassed when that happened.

The non-nudist boy says to his friend, "Look what I've found!" as he shows the nudist kid a copy of Playboy or some similar magazine, which he found somewhere.

As they look at the pictures of scantily clothed, erotically posed women, the boy who has seen hundreds of people of all ages and body types, will probably think,  "I've seen lots of naked people before.  Why does he want to sneak looks at this?"  He might also think, "This isn't even what most people look like."

Growing up without shame

Puberty can be a very difficult time for adolescents;  their bodies are growing rapidly, their genitals are changing, body hair is developing.  Some kids feel clumsy.  Many are embarrassed by the changes that are taking place.  They can become VERY body-conscious.  At that time, a wise parent will try to keep lines of honest communication open but still give them privacy and time to be alone in their room or with their friends.  Most adolescents would rather be ANYWHERE except where their parents are.

All these things happen to nudist kids, tooThe one big difference for kids who were lucky enough to grow up in a nudist environment is that those kids have literally seen those changes take place, as their older friends and/or siblings went through that difficult time.  Because of that experience, they are better prepared for it themselves.

Safety

We read in the papers almost daily of some teacher, youth leader, church official or some other trusted individual who took advantage of a child in a sexual way.  With hundreds of nudist clubs in North America, that problem almost never takes place at our facilities.

A family which is open enough to have experienced nudism, just like a healthy non-nudist family, is also open enough to have discussed sex abuse with their children.  These children know that they can tell their parents immediately if they ever suspect that something is wrong.
We have been told by authorities that the reason nudist clubs have a very low incidence of sex offenders is that we have the reputation of prosecuting those individuals, while until recent years, many other organizations have "swept those problems under a rug", more concerned with their public image than with the safety of the people they should have been protecting.

Historically, sex abusers have felt much safer committing their misdeeds within organizations which have tried to cover up their problems with molesters.

You may find it encouraging to know that Bare Buns, and many other nudist clubs, have a very good relationship with law enforcement agencies.  Some of their officers are members of our club.  You can be certain that if we were doing anything illegal or immoral, they wouldn't join.  Instead, they would very quickly close us down!

Another fact to ponder:  Almost all sex offenders are males.  At a nudist club, it would be very easy to tell if a man were to become sexually excited.

Some other interesting facts

Surveys show that overall, adults who were reared as nudists think of their childhoods as having been stable.  They also find that nudists tend to be very slightly better educated than their non-nudist peers.

We don't present this information in an attempt to try to make ourselves appear to be "better" than our non-nudist friends;  instead, this information could explain some other interesting observations about nudists' lives:

The divorce rate is lower among nudist families, and their children tend to make better grades than similar children in non-nudist families.  We don't think that this is BECAUSE the families are nudists;  it's more likely that the marriages are more stable AND their kids make good grades AND the families are nudists because the family members  tend to communicate a little more openly with each other in their daily lives.
Learning to accept and respect all bodies

In spite of what Madison Avenue would have us think, human bodies really do come in all sizes, shapes, and conditions.  Few are "beautiful" using Hollywood's standards.  We think it's helpful for kids to learn this early on;  you may be aware that in those parts of the world where nudity is acceptable at places like the beach and public saunas, there is a much lower rate of eating disorders and suicides among youth.

In those cultures, where kids see all types and ages unclothed, they learn acceptance of the maturing and aging processes;  they don't think they have to have face lifts, boob jobs and collagen injections to become socially acceptable;  they don't grow up thinking "You are what you wear".

They've probably never had a case of a kid being killed for his tennis shoes or his Eddie Bauer jacket!

We think that when Americans learn to accept the body as natural and wholesome, many of our social problems which stem from body acceptance will decline.

From: http://nudistsociety.blogspot.mx/2013/01/is-this-ok-for-our-kids.html

First of all I wanna thank you for creating this thread and I truly believe in the fact that it is harmless to witness humans as they are intended to be.

I have told my son that if he ever sees me or any of my friends naked he should not be embarrassed to ask any questions if he needs to ask.

Also I have told him that clothes are just to protect people from weather conditions and climate.

Offline annbirgit

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 11:26:15 am »
Whem Kids are raised in  a nudist family it doesn't need no "sexual education" with horrifying plastic fake body and weird looking genitals - this is so sick! Hope I will do my best when I am old enough. Look at the photos here on this site shoeing naked kids and theier parents that's what is the best education and always will be