Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Any Programmers?  (Read 15534 times)

Offline dooley1001

• Cryptocurrencies are the future!
  • Nude with Towel
  • fkk
  • Referrals: 23
Re: Any Programmers?
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 06:55:52 pm »
I think of C++ as a Ferrari and Java as a Ford Fiesta.

The Ford gets you reliably from A to B but you never really enjoy the ride.

The performance of the Ferrari is impressive and something to be proud of but the car needs to be finely tuned and maintained.

A car crash involving a Ferrari is far uglier than one involving a Ford Fiesta.

i found that hilarious haha

Offline JoshVi

• JoshVi
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Trying to be EcoFriendly
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 02:06:39 pm »
C for me please  :laugh:
Nudity leads to true freedom!

Offline JoshVi

• JoshVi
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Trying to be EcoFriendly
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 02:07:50 pm »
Oh i forgot Assembler!...  :e2w
Nudity leads to true freedom!

closetnudist

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 12:59:06 am »
HP still uses ANSI C which what I'm using right now. Well.. its like C, just uses different prefix and suffix to the methods.

Offline puppiesrawesome

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 04:14:03 am »
Im a bit into it. I did a bit of html5 in a computer class last semester in high school. Thats all i really know, ive done some stuff on Xcode 6 but only through tutorials on the internet. My dad is a computer programmer actually so maybe its genetic (lol i know its not but seems like it)
Im wanting to learn C this year or maybe java but ive got a lot going on with school now so im going to wait until the summer

Offline TrialMonkey

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2014, 11:43:58 pm »
I have a computer engineering degree. They taught us everything from small circuits (simple resistors, capacitors, etc) to using little chips (IC's), then programming at the processor level, and up to modern programming languages. It was really interesting and gave me a full understanding of how a whole computer is put together!

Right now I'm a developer using C# and a little Java (for Android). I learned C++ first in High School, then Java in College, and then Python/HTML/Javascript/C# in the workplace. My favorite has to be C# though. I can't stand working with Eclipse for Java (could just be the android part that is annoying) and Visual Studio for C# just has me spoiled. The c# language is much cleaner and easier to read than c++ is in my opinion.

To anybody looking at this thread thinking about learning a language to get into the profession, I would go with Java or C#.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2014, 12:33:55 am »
Learn two. Preferably that have little to do with each other. Otherwise, you don't really understand any.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline dooley1001

• Nude with Towel
  • fkk
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2014, 01:52:56 am »
I have a computer engineering degree. They taught us everything from small circuits (simple resistors, capacitors, etc) to using little chips (IC's), then programming at the processor level, and up to modern programming languages. It was really interesting and gave me a full understanding of how a whole computer is put together!

Right now I'm a developer using C# and a little Java (for Android). I learned C++ first in High School, then Java in College, and then Python/HTML/Javascript/C# in the workplace. My favorite has to be C# though. I can't stand working with Eclipse for Java (could just be the android part that is annoying) and Visual Studio for C# just has me spoiled. The c# language is much cleaner and easier to read than c++ is in my opinion.

To anybody looking at this thread thinking about learning a language to get into the profession, I would go with Java or C#.
I just finished my 2ns year exam in data structures in java. Think it went well.  :2345 However i just love java, php is also enjoyable. But thats more a scripting language

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2014, 03:11:13 am »
I just finished my 2ns year exam in data structures in java. Think it went well.  :2345 However i just love java, php is also enjoyable. But thats more a scripting language

The line between scripting and programming languages has been blurred to the point of irrelevance now.

The only meaningful difference today is that a script is what you give to the actors and the program is what you give to the audience. :) <- Totally stolen from Larry Wall

closetnudist

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2014, 06:27:23 am »
What's the work demand of programmers nowadays?

Here in PH, there is currently small demand on java and mobile programming.

What's the demand in your country?

Offline dooley1001

• Nude with Towel
  • fkk
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2014, 03:43:08 pm »
What's the work demand of programmers nowadays?

Here in PH, there is currently small demand on java and mobile programming.

What's the demand in your country?

Demand is huge due software engineers, developers, network admins, etc. Many big companies are actually baised in Ireland like paypal, ebay, google, and Microsoft. This is because we here in Ireland have one of the lowest cooperation tax in the world.

Offline Luc

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2014, 07:00:31 pm »
I'm also working on a degree in Computer Science, i'm finishing my 1st year. In uni I learned C and MIPS Assembly, but i've been working on my  python in my free time, and also been learning Java Script and HTML (not really programming languages but whatever)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2014, 07:28:15 pm »

The line between scripting and programming languages has been blurred to the point of irrelevance now.

The only meaningful difference today is that a script is what you give to the actors and the program is what you give to the audience. :) <- Totally stolen from Larry Wall
I do not really understand why you need different languages for scripting and programming at all. Different execution conditions, sure, but entirely different languages?
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2014, 10:32:05 pm »

I do not really understand why you need different languages for scripting and programming at all. Different execution conditions, sure, but entirely different languages?

I don't understand what you mean.

Offline mynick81

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2014, 06:23:23 am »
I use PHP, sometimes javascript and although it's not a real programming language I write a lot of typoscript.

Former times I used Basic, Pascal and C - and a bit of JAVA