Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: kung fu  (Read 1461 times)

Offline coonta

• The naked scotsman!
  • Nude with Towel
  • im ross add me on yahoo and we can chat
  • Referrals: 0
kung fu
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:52:07 pm »
Hey folks been gone a while sorting myself and my life out and on my travels through this year I started to get into martial arts again(my recovery has been sufficient that I can apply what I knew from other martial arts)

So I started lau garr it has no lineage behind it and is very controversial but I achieved white sash before the club in my area closed down.

I have recently been working with seven star praying mantis its different and the set forums are very complicated to begin with.

ive been on a mission to improve myself this year and have been over coming my injury every day more and more.

I would love to know if any of you guys are into kung fu and practice on a regular basis :)
Yep im nude and its freeking sweet

Karla

Re: kung fu
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:23:24 am »
The last martial art I learned was Wing Tsun. It was unlike anything else I had tried and sort of took the fun out of learning a variety of martial arts because it had all the answers and it made it seem like all the other arts had got it wrong. The downside being though that it was actually very difficult to master or learn it to the extent that you'd instinctively use it in a fight. I'd always fall back on Muay Thai for that.

I started learning Kung Fu when I was about 10 but I don't know what style it was and I didn't make any progress. The children there were just put in a corner and told to do some routines without worrying if they would ever improve.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:03:56 am »
I am a martial arts nut. I started with karate as a kid then moved on to my beloved tae kwon do 12 years ago. I also regularly spend short periods training  in other styles when I can in order to better understand tkd by comoaring it to other styles. I have experoenced wing chun, jeet kun do, lau gar, akido, muay thai, savatte, kassey, wodo ryu, shotokan, jui jitsu and tai chi to varying degrees.  Each has had something ive been able to use to improve my tkd.
what's to say?

closetnudist

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:37:12 am »
The last martial art I learned was Wing Tsun. It was unlike anything else I had tried and sort of took the fun out of learning a variety of martial arts because it had all the answers and it made it seem like all the other arts had got it wrong. The downside being though that it was actually very difficult to master or learn it to the extent that you'd instinctively use it in a fight. I'd always fall back on Muay Thai for that.

I started learning Kung Fu when I was about 10 but I don't know what style it was and I didn't make any progress. The children there were just put in a corner and told to do some routines without worrying if they would ever improve.

Ip Man!!!

Offline coonta

• The naked scotsman!
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 05:51:41 pm »
I did do lau gar but I didnt like the set forms and it always felt riped off from alpt of other styles but mantis is complex and I feel it can be applied to evrrything :)

Offline bunnyema

• Nude without Towel
  • Kyrija
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 08:53:00 pm »
I do Wushu.. To be honest.. I just started it and got my meniscus damaged so I am waiting for surgery, but when it is done I am going to continue..

I will show you madness.. and bunnies.. it is the same thing..

Karla

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 08:59:03 pm »
I have to admit that I've always fancied doing a proper classical kung fu with wavy arms, weird stances and stuff. Not for its practicality or effectiveness in brutally destroying someone in the mininum time possible but for its elegance. It sounds like a fun thing to do.

Offline bunnyema

• Nude without Towel
  • Kyrija
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 09:02:43 pm »
Maybe Tai chi would be good for you.. The elegance and weird stances :)
I will show you madness.. and bunnies.. it is the same thing..

Offline coonta

• The naked scotsman!
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 10:52:02 pm »
 :44444444
I have to admit that I've always fancied doing a proper classical kung fu with wavy arms, weird stances and stuff. Not for its practicality or effectiveness in brutally destroying someone in the mininum time possible but for its elegance. It sounds like a fun thing to do.

for me its not about destroying some one tho you can with proper training, those stances take so much to hold it takes alot of training to get to a level when you can "elegantly" do them I still feel awkward in horse stance and bow and arrow :p