Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is Nude the new “Power” Uniform?  (Read 2106 times)

Nudielad

Is Nude the new “Power” Uniform?
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:20:02 pm »
In the universe of nude and natural images here and elsewhere online, there appear to be quite a few portraying the nude as strong, athletic, healthy, fast or active!  Although some of these images are not naturist images, I believe I cannot be alone in being awed and amazed by most of them!

I am not writing about the shockingly explicit, highly sexual images!  Oh, no!

What I am seeing is our active peers playing volleyball, rock climbing, surfing, mountain biking and doing a wide variety of other things minus the clothing!

Am I alone in seeing this “trend” of strong nudes?  Capable and outgoing nudes?

Are nudists more active because they are in “full contact” with the environment?  Or could it be the unrestricted nature of “going nude" releases energy and awakens a person’s inner motivation?

Some of the Tumblogs here do an excellent job of spreading these images and raising awareness of our human capacities to BE fit!  Do fit!

One of the other points I think sticks out in my mind is how strength and health enable us to act when necessary.  We must be aware of ourselves as “tools” used to open doors, lift loads, and carry those not capable of carrying themselves; are you?

Being prepared to meet the future, face the future and climb over it might be a task just around the corner for many of us.  Do you have the power to take it on?  Do you have the new Power Uniform ready??

http://centauri4-naturism.tumblr.com/post/31970657578/is-nude-the-new-power-uniform

Saw this on a blog trawl and I have noticed there is a tendency for photographs showing people doing all manner of activities nude, all I can say is great!  :63424
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:22:08 pm by Nudielad »

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Is Nude the new “Power” Uniform?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 05:50:33 pm »
Nude is the ultimate 'power' uniform and I'm not just talking about fitness.

Once someone has breached that barrier they're free. They own their own identities and are impervious to external derogation.

Examples: Kate Moss, Lara Stone, Heidi Klum, Helen Mirren, Lucy Lawless, Malcolm McDowell, Brad Pitt, Dylan Sprouse.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:46:06 am by ToneBender »

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 07:50:00 pm »
Surely it's not a new one, as opposed to a classical power uniform. Look at the statues of Olympians or Gods or Greek heroes.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 12:48:39 am »
Surely it's not a new one, as opposed to a classical power uniform. Look at the statues of Olympians or Gods or Greek heroes.

Good call. Not even new since a while ago as there are many tribes the world over where nudity is not taboo.
So how about new for western culture in living memory?

Offline nitram

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 02:20:19 am »
The article seems to be a talk about sporty people.
Some naturists can be sporty, other not.
Naturism doesn't necessarily implies being sporty.
Some just want farniente.