Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: metal  (Read 5531 times)

Offline MustardHo!

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: metal
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 03:35:01 pm »
Thanks man! I'm the clean vocalist and bassist. Our EP is coming out in april. And with regards to the scene, I know a lot of people who listen to metal but they don't want anyone to know that they do because of how it's portrayed by mainstream media. Like with the Grammys on sunday, I loved the fact that Metallica played with all the other acts. And people loved it! But with regards to how people act in the scene is really stupid if you ask me. The stereotypical scene person owns only band shirts, is suicidal, has a bright hair color and obsesses over how hot the frontman is. That's a cry for attention and I know people like that too. I own band shirts, but i don't consider myself to be like that. As a musician and from a musical perspective, today's bands are very recycled. Everyone plays in drop c and is either a copycat of blessthefall or Of Mice & Men. What I try to do is to create something that is new and fresh and my hope is that one day people will notice. But right now, all people want is the same shit. To sum up my rant, if the music's good, all the more power to you to support them.

Ryan

Nice man, you've got a great voice - we used to stick with the idea that we played instrumental because we preferred the style, but really we could just never find a good vocalist :786

I didn't see the grammy performance, i'll check it out now. But yeah I completely agree about the scene thing, and the manufactured bands now - it's a sad state that the best metal I hear now is at local gigs, unsigned, only doing it for the fun and experience, then you hear the actual "successful" new acts coming through and they've just got no originality, you listen to them and don't actually feel anything from it. Cheers for sharing anyway, keep it up man!

Offline RC199666

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 03:03:47 am »
Thanks so much man! I'll definitely link you the ep once it drops in April :)

Ryan

Shiden Kai

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 03:35:56 pm »
In short:  Hell yeah!

I suppose you could say I'm a 'melodic metal' kinda guy.  I usually spin stuff from the likes of Dark Tranquility, Epica, Nightwish, Insomnium, August Burns Red, Kamelot, Cradle of Filth, etc...

Offline TheSeane

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm not an ambi-turner.
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 03:13:02 am »
So eight years ago I played all the guitar parts for these guys lol!  Live performances were waaaay more metal but I think you can hear a little more of my metal background and classical influence on the interlude in the song "Friends." 
https://myspace.com/maderafromtexas/music/songs

I grew up owning all the Megadeth albums.  Loooooved the guitar parts but can't stand Mustaine's voice lol!  Guitar influences were Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Steve Vai.  I'm a speed metal nerd, the faster my fingers can go, the happier they are  :evil:

Offline davelemmo

• Nature Lover
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • "I am I'm me" - Twisted Sister
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 07:22:08 pm »
I love Metal, especially Prog Metal
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" -
Albert Einstein

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »
Always been into the classic metal bands even those who are classed as metal but don't consider themselves as metal.  and seen many live which is no mean feat in new Zealand as they seldom come to the bottom of the world. Sabbath, maiden, Ozzy, Motorhead, megadeth, metalica, GNR, Skid row, Def Leppard, Van halen, Shihad, The Down, Joe satch, Steve Vai, Pantera, Slayer, deep purple, AC/DC to name a few

Offline RC199666

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 02:16:32 am »
Go get my band's EP! It's free!
http://www.wewillkillagain.bandcamp.com

N.M.S.

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 02:44:13 pm »
I'm a huge metalhead! Don't listen to much outside of it honestly.

Offline Paul

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I go nude every day, cuz baby, I was born this way
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 08:34:19 am »
I am a huge fan of metal!  My current favorite bands are Van Canto and In Legend.
Slaínte,

Paul

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 09:44:05 pm »

This is a great metal band from Iraq. They are big Metallica and Slayer fans, but I'm sure you metal followers already know about them. Enjoy!

"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.