Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: LOWE: The naked truth about change rooms  (Read 8370 times)

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: LOWE: The naked truth about change rooms
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 10:12:27 pm »
Personally I think that increased awareness of homosexuality lead to much of the younger guy's shyness. During WWII, Korea and Vietnam homosexuality was seen as something rare. Once gay/bi people started coming out of the closet many guys didn't like the idea of getting naked infront of guys who might objectify them in the same way said guys objectify women.

Interesting thought.
Based on my experience most gays are pretty respectful in that regard but the fear could be a driving factor for sure. It's actually why I'm leery of male only nude yoga - a personal foible - haven't quite conquered it yet.

lustful looks from lascivious Lesbians lurking in the locker lobby?  (Alliterative, innit?) 

'tis. 'tisn't it?

Offline MustardHo!

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 11:24:22 pm »
Look at how widespread the word "gay" is though, used interchangeably with "lame" or "weird" by the younger generations. There's definitely a huge fear and distrust of homosexuality amongst guys growing up, even if most of it only manifests subconsciously, I assumed it had always been the case.
Look at how widespread the word "lame" is though, used interchangeably with "bad" or "boring" by the younger generations. There's definitely a huge fear and distrust of paralysis amongst guys growing up, even if most of it only manifests subconsciously, I assumed it had always been the case.
Sorry, but with your use as "lame" as a better word for "gay as in bad" I just had to go there.

Haha good point, I'm clearly not immune to those assumptions either :laugh:

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:03 pm »
Its certainly true. A while back I had a conversation with my teenage godson after he refused to change with me and his dad in a public changing room. He wanted to drive home withot showereing and simply putting clothes on top of his still wet suit.

His dad didn't want him soaking his car and an argument of sorts took place. After the fact I asked him what he did after p.e at school. He said he didn't showelr. When I was at school we were all expected to shower. A teacher would watch us go through the showers to make sure we didn't just walk past. We were all naked and nobody cared(and nobody thought the teachers were perverts or anything, it was just basic hygiene.

But to my godson the idea of stewing in his own filth for a day was better than appearing nude in front of other boys.. needless to say I have always been careful not to geto close to him on a school day since.
what's to say?

Offline JoshVi

• JoshVi
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Trying to be EcoFriendly
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 02:59:51 am »
Naked is neutral. Naked is not a statement. Naked is neither boastful nor shameful.

Sounds like an anthem...

Everybody sing . . . to the tune of Every Sperm is Sacred

Nakedness is neutral
nakedness is great
it is not a statement
it's just nature's state

Naked isn't boastful
naked isn't crude
naked isn't shameful
so long as you're not lewd

Hahahaha loved it...  :e2w
Nudity leads to true freedom!