Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Metropolis TV- Nakedness allowed in Gran Canaria  (Read 4748 times)

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
Metropolis TV- Nakedness allowed in Gran Canaria
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:40:43 am »
Saw this video posted on one of the nudist fb groups I am part of, kind of interesting.

http://metropolistv.nl/en/watch/recent/nakedness-allowed-in-gran-canaria#.UtlGEj2-TA0.facebook

Offline rosed

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Metropolis TV- Nakedness allowed in Gran Canaria
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 02:59:09 pm »
It is not new in Gran Canaria to have some problems related to naturism.

Last year a city Council in Gran Canaria tried to ban naturism in all its beaches. Lettters from different naturist associations and the party of the ecologists "remind them" that what they wanted to do is illegal as nudity in public spaces was removed as a crime in the spanish constitution (if there is no exhibitional or sexual intention beneath).
At the end the Ordinance from the city Council was invalidated.

Here the link of the claim from the INF (in english):

http://www.naturismo.org/docs/FNIfirmasGranCanaria.pdf

And some other letters (in spanish):

http://www.naturismo.org/docs/SBartolomeAlegacFEN.pdf

http://www.naturismo.org/docs/sanbartolometirajana-anl.pdf

http://www.naturismo.org/docs/sanbartolometarajanaverdes.jpg

and a letter from Julian, the same one who appears in the video posted before:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/150912_589345277746631_449584304_n.jpg

horatio

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 11:42:26 am »
I don't know what you think, guys, but strolling down the boulevard naked is a little bit exaggerated for me. I'm not sure how this can contribute to the popularizing of nudism among young generations.

I'm a practising nudist and use every opportunity to enjoy nudity, but I also try to respect other people in my environment and consider the situation I'm in. I would feel totally out of space walking naked among clothed people. In that case, nudity stops being an enjoyment for me, but rather an unpleasant situation. On the other hand, I think we all connect nudity with relaxation and freedom.

So, I'm not sure if Julian and Rafa promote nudism in a right way. In my opinion, nudists should get more active in promoting clothes-free recreational and sport activities like hiking, climbing, running etc. This has already happened, but there are ways to continue promoting nudism as a way of recreation. This could be more accepted than strolling around on the main boulevard as this is easily associated with exhibitionism.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 02:48:15 pm »
I'm a practising nudist and use every opportunity to enjoy nudity, but I also try to respect other people in my environment and consider the situation I'm in. I would feel totally out of space walking naked among clothed people. In that case, nudity stops being an enjoyment for me, but rather an unpleasant situation. On the other hand, I think we all connect nudity with relaxation and freedom.

:e4444

Similar for San Francisco and I believe Barcelona - most people in those cities aren't shocked by public nudity and in the case of frisco sexual nudity but why anger people and turn public sentiment against yourself?

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 01:32:42 pm »

:e4444

Similar for San Francisco and I believe Barcelona - most people in those cities aren't shocked by public nudity and in the case of frisco sexual nudity but why anger people and turn public sentiment against yourself?

I'm of two minds about the whole thing.  One, I agree about not turning public sentiment against nudity (more than it already is) and, two, I think that society -- and naturists/nudists -- are unconscionably hypocritical about public nudity.

Consider the World Naked Bike Ride or a Spencer Tunick photo shoot.  Most of the folks involved are naked and it isn't a big deal for either the participants or for the spectators.  Even in the USA the WNBR happens without public backlash.  In Portland, OR it is a civic tradition.  So if mass public nudity is okay, why isn't it also okay for individuals or small groups?

The answer is -- I think -- that numbers are self-validating.  As well, they provide an aura of protection.

Consider the following general reactions of textiles meeting naturists: 
A lone male naturist is often considered to be a pervert;  two male naturists together are considered to be a gay couple;  three or more together and the bigoted epithets no longer have much traction.
A lone female naturist is a slut and a potential rape victim;  two female naturists together is an opportunity for photos and harassment because, self-evidently, they're Lesbians;  three or more together and even Dwayne & Bubba back off.
A male-female naturist couple is looked upon with envy by men and women alike -- they might not admit it but I've seen it in their eyes;  two or more couples begins to look like an organized society and a larger mixed group is basically fireproof because, well, they probably have a lawyer.

That's the way I see it on most occasions.  Your experience may differ
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

luvthemgiants

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:11:36 pm »
i don't like the idea of forcing your beliefs on other people.

there is a nude beach and a nude resort on Gran Canaria. Until the law changes, if you wanna be nude then go there.

Anything else i see as provocation and for me hinders the cause.

Offline rosed

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 11:31:17 pm »
i don't like the idea of forcing your beliefs on other people.

there is a nude beach and a nude resort on Gran Canaria. Until the law changes, if you wanna be nude then go there.

Anything else i see as provocation and for me hinders the cause.

I don't see Julian forcing anything to anybody.

And about the law, in Spain public nudity per se was in the group of public scandal crimes, which with the current constitution this kind of crime doesn't exist anymore. So this public nudity issue has become a loophole... and as far as I know Gran Canaria it's still a region of this kingdom ...
:323232
This doesn't mean that I would act like in the video, but Aelf made the point, in general we are not analysing the situation under the same eyes.

pvct

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 12:48:14 am »

Consider the following general reactions of textiles meeting naturists: 
A lone male naturist is often considered to be a pervert;  two male naturists together are considered to be a gay couple;  three or more together and the bigoted epithets no longer have much traction.
A lone female naturist is a slut and a potential rape victim;  two female naturists together is an opportunity for photos and harassment because, self-evidently, they're Lesbians;  three or more together and even Dwayne & Bubba back off.
A male-female naturist couple is looked upon with envy by men and women alike -- they might not admit it but I've seen it in their eyes;  two or more couples begins to look like an organized society and a larger mixed group is basically fireproof because, well, they probably have a lawyer.

That's the way I see it on most occasions.  Your experience may differ

I like the way your express this idea a lot!

Offline Nat Biss

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 11:41:26 pm »

I think that now nudity is only admitted in certain beaches in Barcelona. Even if not illegal, as rosed says, public nudity is not normal in Spain out of some beaches or specific places.

Regarding the topic, we may agree to them or not, but it is clear that for most people a naked man walking on the street is at least shocking. We are happy to live in a country with such a great freedom regarding nudism. Don't let some people the opportunity to take away our rights. I prefer not forcing situations that can offend other people and create a negative climate towards nudists.

Of course, the boundaries between what is a provocation or simply exercising your rights is totally subjective. Probably Julian and me have different points of view on this.
When wearing only a smile, be sure to smile a lot