Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Australia: News Leading naturist wants to develop Wavebreak Island  (Read 6531 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135

There's a push to make Wave Break Island a multi-million dollar nudist resort

WAVEBREAK Island will be transformed into a multi-million dollar nudist resort  if the country's leading naturist has his way.

Greg Ferow, head of the Australian Naturist Federation, is calling on the State Government to back an exorbitant European-style nudist resort on Wavebreak Island if the Broadwater Marine Project is rejected in February.

Would you want a nudist resort on Wavebreak Island? Tell us in the comments section below

Mr Ferow said the resort would need to include hundreds of villas, camp sites and apartments to be competitive in the global market.

Gold Coast Tourism CEO Martin Winter has thrown his support behind the concept.

"Well we promote the idea that the Gold Coast has something for everyone, so I suppose if the operator believes there is a market and it is done appropriately, this would add to that idea," he said.
"We would suggest there is less of a market for this in Australia compared to European destinations, but ultimately that is up to the operator to assess."

The move has angered Southport Councillor Dawn Crichlow who vowed to 'crush' any plans for bare-bottom accommodation on the Gold Coast.
"There is no way I'm letting them build a nudist resort on the Gold Coast," she said.
"We will lose our 11 million tourists a year if this goes ahead.
"I don't care if they build a resort in the middle of the hinterland but these are our beaches and families use them."

Burleigh Heads Councillor Greg Betts said he would back the move if the resort was built further south.
"I have no problem with a nudist resort being built but they need to find a more secluded spot," he said.
"I would back them if they found a place on Stradbroke Island or went further south away from all the development.
"It would be hard to build on Wavebreak Island, whether the place is for nudists or not."

He said the project would generate millions of dollars for the local economy and steal tourism business from nudity hot-spots in NSW.
"The Gold Coast is the perfect place to build something like this," he said.
"The weather is amazing and the beaches are beautiful.
"Nudist resorts have been built all through Europe and they generate serious money for the local economy.
"The Gold Coast is missing out on a piece of the pie because a few local people don't like the idea of nudity."

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/leading-naturist-wants-to-turn-wavebreak-island-into-a-multimillion-dollar-nudist-colony/story-fnj94idh-1226803552334

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Australia: News Leading naturist wants to develop Wavebreak Island
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 02:55:30 pm »
We will lose our 11 million tourists a year if this goes ahead

Teeheehee

I'm guessing this one won't be breaking into parliament anytime soon.

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 07:02:20 am »
As it is Crown Land it would have to be a very special proposal which would justify the law changes, the legal process and the construction, and given that this would require State Government approval - the same State Government with no interest nude beaches.

I think he is pushing s*%t up hill with a broken stick.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

luvthemgiants

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:01:05 pm »
The move has angered Southport Councillor Dawn Crichlow who vowed to 'crush' any plans for bare-bottom accommodation on the Gold Coast.
"There is no way I'm letting them build a nudist resort on the Gold Coast," she said.
"We will lose our 11 million tourists a year if this goes ahead.
"I don't care if they build a resort in the middle of the hinterland but these are our beaches and families use them."

That lady is a moron. If she was so concerned about children on the beaches then she would ban the Aussie version of "Spring Break", called Schoolies, as this causes more damage to the Gold Coast name than some bare arses.

Offline brandon j

• Be free and be naked and love life
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Be free be naked and love life
hell yeah that wold be cool as I wold be ther all the time :543 :234567 :234567 :34567
Be free be naked and love life

cc71

Dawn Crichlow doesn't know what she is talking about. She has obviously never heard of Schoolies Week.

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
Dawn Crichlow doesn't know what she is talking about. She has obviously never heard of Schoolies Week.

Since Queensland no longer finishes Year 12 at the same time as the rest of the country it has become Schoolies Fortnight!
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
wow ! this would be a great thing for us to visit.
nude is natural

Offline Big_Brodie

• Topless with bottoms
How amazing would this be?!?!?

I'd visit for sure! Tasmania is so far behind we don't even have trams or passenger trains lol

cc71

When did Tassie legalise nude beaches, Brodie?

andrewg

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 09:20:03 pm »
This sounds great!
I am up on the Gold Coast and the weather is perfect for this. It is supposedly winter here but I don't have any pants on...  :23456
 :098