Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fitchburg Teacher’s Aide Goes On Paid Leave Over Modeling Photos (US {of course}  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135

Sultry photos of a Fitchburg teacher’s aide, who moonlights as a nearly nude model for calendars and magazines, led to school officials asking the educator to take a step back from her classroom career while the administration investigates whether or not she violated the terms of her employment.

The teacher in question, Kaitlin Pearson, has been featured on magazine covers such as ModelsMania, where she was dubbed “Model of the Year,” and photographed in scenes with other naked women using only their hands to cover their bodies.

But an attorney with some experience in these types of public cases said he doesn’t see what the big deal is, and believes the school is bringing on unneeded media attention. “What’s the big deal? In this day in age? People are going to go crazy over people modeling in a nude position? Who cares. Of course it can be worse,” said attorney Anthony DiFruscia after being briefed on the case.

Pearson was put on paid administrative leave from the South Street Elementary School, where she works as a special-needs assistant, after someone sent the district a package containing a sample of the dozens of semi-explicit modeling photos that Pearson has posed for, according to the Lowell Sun.

Pearson also has a Facebook page and Instagram account that can be easily searched and viewed by the public that host similar photos.
On ModelMayhem.com, a site used to connect photographers with subjects for advertisements and other projects, Pearson appears in her underwear, and in some cases, with cut-off shirts that expose the bottom of her breasts.

Pearson’s profile on the page also gives a clear indication of who she is outside of the school setting:
 I am energetic, creative, feisty, passionate about modeling, and I bring my love of life to every shoot! I have a background in graphics and business and as such I am as reliable and responsible as a model could be. I’m balancing modeling with a full time job, so my time is very precious. I am here to expand my modeling horizons and am interested in serious opportunities.

The 23-year-old Worcester resident, and model-slash-teacher, notes on her hiring page that she doesn’t shoot “full nudes.”
Attempts to reach Fitchburg superintendent André Ravenelle were unsuccessful, but the administrator said in a statement that it “is not uncommon” to open up this type of investigation at the onset “to assure student safety during the investigation and to mitigate potential disruption.”

Facebook messages sent to Pearson’s fan page were not returned, but an Instagram post the same day news broke about her school troubles indicated that she is keeping her head up. “My life might [not] be perfect, but it’s mine and I will live the way I want to,” the post said. The message appears alongside a picture of Snoopy sticking out his tongue.

But as school officials continue their investigation into any potential contract violations, the question remains: Did Pearson do anything wrong? And can she be fired for modeling?

DiFruscia doesn’t think she should be, but he said it depends on the circumstances of her contract with the school, and whether or not a union represents her.

“Two questions you have to ask: first, does she have a contract? Second, if she is a teaching assistant, she may be covered under the Union contract, because in every contract when dealing with public employees, they are the exclusive bargaining agent,” said DiFruscia, who represented a Lawrence couple that was recently let go from their jobs because they were expecting a child out of wedlock while working at a Catholic school.

DiFruscia helped that couple come to an agreement with the school out of court, but said Pearson’s situation is very different.
“Does she have a lawsuit per se? I don’t know the answer without knowing more about how she was hired, because her letter of hiring becomes part of her employment contract,” he said. “However, I do think it’s a stretch for the school department to dump her—if they do—because the publicity isn’t worth it for the school department. I think you need to have something juicier than that.”

Judging by Pearson’s other photos on Instagram, and messages of support from some of her more than 3,000 fans, a career in teaching might not be what she wants to do, anyway.

Under a photo of a woman holding a scorecard at a racetrack event sponsored by Monster energy drinks, she wrote, “My dream job. One day before I die, I pray to rock the Monster name.”

Followers told her that the recent publicity could help that career path.

Fitchburg Teacher’s Aide Goes On Paid Leave Over Modeling Photos
An expert says it seems a little absurd.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2014/01/22/kaitlin-pearson-fitchburg-teacher-paid-leave/

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Fitchburg Teacher’s Aide Goes On Paid Leave Over Modeling Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 10:36:27 am »
thanks for sharing Danee great post as usual.
nude is natural

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
As far as I can see this is a no hurt / no foul situation as far as her modelling goes.

But I have questions:

(1) Exactly how many kids at South Street Elementary School read Model Mania or go online to ModelMayhem.com?  Aren't their parents responsible for what their kids are doing?

(2) Shouldn't the school board be more concerned about the (supposed) non-photographer who is spending so much time surfing the net looking for naked pictures and what exactly their relationship is with the students at the school?  Sounds to me like a closet pervert.

Frankly, I hope that they fire her and that she sues them to their financial ruin.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero

Frankly, I hope that they fire her and that she sues them to their financial ruin.

That sounds a tad too excessive. But I concur on other parts.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
Fitchburg Teacher’s Aide Goes On Paid Leave
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 10:02:30 pm »

Well that would set a nice precedent but in many states employees have virtually no rights. They can be turfed at a moment's notice for a myriad of reasons that you and I would find appalling - no severance - no nothing.

The reason she's on leave and not fired is (most likely) so the school can consult their attorneys to find a way to get rid of her without incurring a lawsuit. Also if she's found to have violated the terms of her employment contract then she's screwed anyway.

Best possible outcome from my perspective is that she gets to keep her job and her students and their parents learn a new word: Tolerance.

Offline Archaewok1

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
Re: Fitchburg Teacher’s Aide Goes On Paid Leave
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 01:38:33 am »
The reason she's on leave and not fired is (most likely) so the school can consult their attorneys to find a way to get rid of her without incurring a lawsuit. Also if she's found to have violated the terms of her employment contract then she's screwed anyway.

This sounds about right, that and probably due process.

And frankly, all I have to say is- "What's new?"

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
As I always say over these events, who fucking cares. Bloody moral perverts
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Update: School aide in racy photos back to work
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »
Awesome. Just Awesome.
School aide in racy photos back to work
Residents voice support as Fitchburg superintendent reinstates paraprofessional

Kaitlin Pearson, a teacher's aide at Fitchburg's South Street Elementary School, was back on the job Tuesday after more than a week on paid leave amid a review of her modeling work.

FITCHBURG -- South Street Elementary School teacher's aide Kaitlin Pearson, put on paid administrative leave over a week ago due to racy modeling photos that were sent to her employer, returned to work Tuesday.

In a press release Tuesday afternoon, Superintendent of Schools Andre Ravenelle announced Pearson's reinstatement as a paraprofessional at the school, where she has worked with special-education students since November.
"After reviewing all relevant information, Ms. Kaitlin Pearson was notified Monday afternoon that she could return to work, effective immediately," the release states. "She resumed her original duties at South Street Elementary School on Tuesday morning.
We are confident that she will bring the same level of commitment to her job and her students that she always has."
Ravenelle said he will not comment further on the matter.

P
earson was put on paid administrative leave Jan. 17, the same day the district received an anonymous packet of her modeling photos, many of which depict her scantily clad or semi-nude, and some of which show her embracing other scantily clad or semi-nude women. The Sentinel & Enterprise also received a packet of photos of Pearson, who was recently named "model of the year" for ModelsMania magazine.Since news of the matter broke on Jan. 21, people from near and far have rushed to support her, arguing that her suspension was not warranted, that she did not break any laws, and that she should be able to do what she wants on her own time.During dismissal at South Street Elementary School on Tuesday afternoon, parents and relatives of students again showed their support for Pearson.

Carol Russell, whose two grandsons attend the school, said she was happy to hear Pearson was given her job back.
"I don't think she did anything wrong," Russell said. "She's a good teacher."

Brittany Gale, whose daughter attends the school, agreed.
"I think it's fine," Gale said. "She's trying to survive like anybody else.

"What she does in her own time shouldn't matter," parent Jen LeBlanc said. "I don't think she should have been put on leave in the first place."

Pearson could not be reached for comment via several social-media profiles.
Her father, Chuck Pearson, told WBZ-TV on Monday night that she was elated to return to her students.

Pearson's modeling fan page on Facebook, taken down last week, was online once again as of late Monday night. In a post, Pearson thanked her fans for waiting for her to return, and said she had "stepped away from this life" to spend time with her family, in particular her parents. She goes on to say that she is currently working on some new projects and is looking forward to expanding her portfolio.
"Maybe with new publicity (seeing how I am everywhere now) I will get picked up by an agency or MONSTER, Rockstar, Redbull who knows," Pearson wrote in the post. "But I promise that I will still be myself no matter what happens and I will never forget if it wasn't for my fans who have been with me from day one, I wouldn't be here."

Followers of Pearson's Facebook and Instagram pages have steadily increased as her story spread, with a large jump in numbers just over the course of Monday night through Tuesday evening.

A cached version of her Instagram page, dated Monday at 9:54 p.m., showed Pearson had 5,862 followers. As of 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Pearson had 9,167 Instagram followers, showing a more than 3,300 increase in less than 24 hours.

Despite Pearson's modeling Facebook page having been down most of the time since she was put on leave, she gained more than 1,000 followers in the same time frame. A cached version of the page, dated Jan. 20, showed Pearson had 7,055 likes, a number that had grown to 8,075 by 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Another Facebook page, titled "Kaity Pearson," also had 5,922 followers as of 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. A cached version of that page was not available.

http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadlines/ci_25016207/school-aide-racy-photos-back-work

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »
Best possible outcome from my perspective is that she gets to keep her job and her students and their parents learn a new word: Tolerance.

I'm Astounded.
I believe this is the first story of this nature that has actually worked out well.
Congratulations Kaitlin!

Offline Archaewok1

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 04:43:12 am »

I'm Astounded.
I believe this is the first story of this nature that has actually worked out well.
Congratulations Kaitlin!

I agree with you, though I still don't fully trust the district. They might simply not renew her contract next time it pops up to be renewed.

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
I don't think her "racy" pictures were a big deal, but...Monster? REALLY? Energy drinks are nasty!  :shocked:
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
I don't think her "racy" pictures were a big deal, but...Monster? REALLY? Energy drinks are nasty!  :shocked:

:3145
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West