Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Bible and Naturism  (Read 2107 times)

NatureForever

The Bible and Naturism
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:07:31 am »
I was just thinking a little while ago about a few Bible quotes that supported Naturism and I figured I haven't found all of them. So, I figured we could all play a little game (Old and New testament, so you can still help us out, Yoni). Name a quote, and then the next person quotes the last comment and names another one so we can keep track of them. I'll start us off.

Genesis 1:27

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
Re: The Bible and Naturism
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:17:41 am »
I posted this as a response already in the Christian nudist thread...

:543
I have been a Christian for just over 2 years. I am struggling to understand why some Christians are not ok with naturism? Could someone explain this to me please?

"9 I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God." 1 Tim. 2:9-10 NIV. As well as God clothing people in the Fall, and "26 And do not go up to my altar on steps, or your private parts may be exposed." Exodus 20:26 NIV. There are other passages here and there, and it is enough to cause debate on the topic in the church. And since clothing is the norm in the church, they side with the clothing passages. I can bring up some of the nude-positive passages if you want.

I think pro-naturism bible verses highly outnumber

Here is a list of verses. In the menu, these are separated by Old and New testaments with the Bible text. There are also verse challenges too.

Genesis 2:25   The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
Genesis 3:11   Adam and Eve first wore fig leaves to cover their nakedness, God asks them (perhaps rhetorically), "Who told you that you are naked?" The implication, as Christian naturists see it, is that the devil (in the form of a serpent) told them so. Furthermore, not only is God displeased that the forbidden fruit was eaten and sin had occurred, but also that they were now attempting to cover it up with clothing. No longer nude by their own accord, God made them garments from animal skins, possibly implying that sin requires a sacrifice.
Genesis 9:22-23   Whatever Noah's "nakedness" was, it wasn't just about sleeping in the nude in his very own tent, and then being seen by his same-gender relatives.
Genesis 38:15   Does the Bible Teach Not to Be Nude in Tents?
Exodus 22:26-27   The Law of Moses - It's OK to be Nude In Public All Day, But Sleep Warm
Exodus 28:42   

If God was really anti-nudity, why didn't he command all the Israelites to wear breeches over their naked flesh?  In fact there is no such commandment in the Bible, anywhere!

Leviticus 18:6   Here the Lord is specifying which relatives counted as incestuous sex when people had sex.  This is not about family skinny-dipping.
1 Samuel 19:23-24   The Connection Between Nudity and Prophecy
2 Samuel 6:12-23   King David's Nude Dance, and a Curse on the Anti-Nudist
2 Samuel 11   the story of King David and Bathsheba - Although David was rebuked by God for his lust of Bathsheba (a married woman), nothing was said about her nude bathing.
Isaiah 20   
Isaiah 47:3   Expose your shame
Lamentations 1:8   
Ezekiel 16:7-8   Israelite Children Grew Up Nude
Micah 1:11   
Micah 1:8   God Commands Public Nudity for Prophets Conducting Political Protests
Nahum 3:5   
Habakkuk 2:15   This verse is about getting someone drunk and engaging in or viewing some sexual activity.
Matthew 6:25,28-29   Jesus Christ Teaches Naturism as an Antidote to Materialism
Matthew 21:8   Jesus Greets Cheering Naked Crowd on Palm Sunday
John 13:4   Jesus Performs Rite of Service and Humility in the Nude
John 20:5-6   The Nude Resurrection
John 21:7   St. Peter, Jesus and the Jewish Working Man's Uniform
Acts 15:20,29   Nudity did not make the list of the four things which the Apostle James stated that Gentile Christians must abstain from.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10   the nude are not listed as being among "the unrighteous"
Colossians 3:12-14   
1 Timothy 2:9-10   Christian women who desire true modesty
When St. Paul does recommend modesty, he asks that Christian women adorn themselves in "seemly apparel." However St. Paul's definition of "seemly apparel" is not cloth but rather "good deeds, as befits women who profess religion."
1 Peter 3:3-4   Christian Women That Modesty is Not Clothing, but an Attitude - KJV
Revelation 12:1   the Christian church is portrayed as a nude woman "clothed with the sun."
Revelation 3:18   
Revelation 17:1,4-5   "great harlot" who is "Babylon the great, mother of harlots and of earth's abominations" wears extensive and expensive literal cloth of "purple and scarlet"
Revelation 19:8   the righteous nude woman "clothed with the sun"

Bible Passages with Social Nudity
Gen 2: 4-25   The Creation of Adam and Eve
Gen 3: 1-24   The Fall of Humanity
Gen 9:18-27   Drunk Noah and His Sons
1 Samuel 19:23-24   Saul Prophesies Naked
2 Samuel 6: 1-23   David Dances as the Ark enters Jerusalem
Job 1:21   Naked both Coming and Going
Isaiah 20: 1- 6   Isaiah Prophesies Naked
Micah 1: 8   Micah Prophesies Naked
John 21: 7   Simon Peter Fishes

closetnudist

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 01:54:09 am »
I think that sums it up! ^_^

NatureForever

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 03:36:27 am »
...AND my topic now exists in vanity, but its purpose remains in succession. Thank you!

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 01:06:56 am »
Stephen did a good job with bringing out a lot of versus; however, when reading those versus you need to do your research to get a better understanding for what is being said.  Most English Bibles are widely worded and you need to get more accurate translations.  Don't take what you read so seriously either because the fundamentalist way of thinking is far from right. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

NatureForever

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 03:50:40 am »
Stephen did a good job with bringing out a lot of versus; however, when reading those versus you need to do your research to get a better understanding for what is being said.  Most English Bibles are widely worded and you need to get more accurate translations.  Don't take what you read so seriously either because the fundamentalist way of thinking is far from right. DO YOUR RESEARCH.
I'm pretty well rounded Bible-wise, but I'll heed your advice anyway.

closetnudist

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 04:11:32 am »

I can see it in your profile pic. ^_^

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 09:28:26 pm »

Well rounded?...at your age?....Just because you read the Bible doesn't mean you understand what you are reading.  A lot of fundamentalists will tell you that all you have to do is pray for God to teach you through his word, and then he will. However, it doesn't work that way.  You have to remember that you are reading a bible that was translated many many times (depending on what version you read). Research doesn't just involve reading every book in the Bible, there is a mass amount of history behind the people in the Bible and the only way to understand those people is by understanding the culture and language.  Just because your bible says this in this way doesn't make it an accurate translation.  Research the languages spoken and the culture.

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 09:44:41 pm »
Watch where this is going guys, and I am talking to everyone... We don't want this to turn into a religious debate.

closetnudist

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 01:16:43 am »
Watch where this is going guys, and I am talking to everyone... We don't want this to turn into a religious debate.

Haha! I also felt the same. No religious debate ok. ^_^

Offline skinnydipper2

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 12:37:13 am »

Haha! I also felt the same. No religious debate ok. ^_^

Look guys, I love you all.  And this is not me trying to bash you or condescend.  This is me saying that ignorance is in us all and the only way to change is to get informed.  NatureForever started this post because he is a young kid trying to figure things out.  He wanted to explore the Bible and find/see versus in a new and fresh light.  That's great and I'm not taking that away from anyone.  I'm saying there is a never ending amount of knowledge to be found and you aren't going to understand the Bible unless you look some things up.
"I pummel my body and make it a slave, lest after preaching I find myself should be disqualified" 1 Cor. 9:27  I believe that research beyond the Bible is key to preaching what should be preached and lived.  That's not attacking, that's common sense.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 03:31:18 am »

:e2w
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/