Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Thoughts about family naturism  (Read 4268 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Thoughts about family naturism
« on: January 31, 2014, 06:02:45 pm »

This is a re-post from [url=http://spotnaked.com/thoughts-about-family-naturism/3613/]http://spotnaked.com/thoughts-about-family-naturism/3613/[/url] and we encourage our members to give comment on his blog!
As a family man I always seek naturist resorts which is family friendly, but it can actually be surprising hard to find the right place. There seems to be a tendense that many naturist resorts is for adult only. This varies from country to country, but it surprises me that such large amount of naturist places has a adult only policy.
Why is that?

Here are some possible reasons!

The noise from children

Is it because that there always seems to be a lot of noise when children is at a resort? It could be a reason – because you also see more and more “normal resorts” having a adult only policy. Still I don’t find it equally widespread as within the naturist environments. There might be some places with a adult policy because of the noise from children, but I doubt that it is that many.

The culture of the country

It could also be the culture of the country, because I think the problem with adult only resorts is different from country to country. In France for example it doesn’t seem to be that hard to find a family naturist resort (this is only from my own experience), but countries in the Caribbean seems to have a more widespread adult policy.

In Denmark where I live, there doesn’t seem to be a problem with family naturism either. My guess is that the same can be said about Sweden and Norway, which would make sense because these countries is very similar.
What is the difference?

Different countries seems to have different norms. My guess is that it has something to do with how widely accepted naturism is in the country. In Denmark it is legal to be nude on every beach as long as you don’t offend anybody. In other countries there might not be a rule that is that accepting but a similar mindset. France for example doesn’t have the same rules, but there are many naturist resorts in the country and most of them doesn’t have a problem with children. In my eyes it seems like the more a country accept nudity as a non sexual behaviour the more likely it is to find a naturist resort accepting children.

Sexualisation of the nude
In my opinion it seems like the problem with missing naturist resorts where children is allowed has a lot to do about how the culture is about nudity and sexuality in a given country, territory, state or whatever kind of culture. If you believe that a nude body is equal to a sexual body, then it then would be natural to have adults only resorts – you don’t want to mix children and sex. But I think the more the sexual label on naturists the bigger the problem will be. In the Carribean there are several naturist resorts which is also a kind of swingers resorts. I haven’t got anything against that kind of resorts, but if they brand themselves as nudist or naturist resorts, it do create a “bad” reputation for naturist resorts.

Other reasons?

There can of course be many other reasons for this adult only policy, this is only some thoughts that I think is main reasons but I might miss some major reasons. One other reason could simply be that many naturists prefer places without children. Another reason could be that the owners prefer running a place with children – what do I know, there can be many reasons.
All in all this is just some of my thoughts about family naturism.
I would love to hear your experiences with family naturism

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17
Re: Thoughts about family naturism
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:22:42 pm »
   Well... I only know a couple of people here in my country that do actually do family naturism. Culture here is still very reserved, close minded, uptight, represed or whatever you wan't to call it. I do know that the only official naturist beach here, children are permitted to be nude with their families. So far, no bad experiences have happened there that I've heard of. I do believe in raising children with the values that naturism provides and it has way more benefits than negatives, but it is most likely that I would not have a partner that agrees and wishes to teach these principles to our kids.

it is a regional thing though. Its more normal and acceptable for most European or Scandinavian countries to see nudity as normal. They tend to be on top of the worlds list on many postive subjects, and that is why their societies are much more advance than us westerners.  They're more open, their societies are much more friendly, trusting, honest, and smart. But that's just my opinion based on what I have studied over the last few years.  :smiley: 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 06:38:19 am by nudistmexman »
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:26:34 am »
I'm more interested in the picture of the family cycling together a rare slight in New Zealand especially the car-city of Auckland clothed let alone nude
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline MustardHo!

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:59:38 am »
Interesting to hear this discussed from the Scandinavian perspective (I guess Denmark isn't technically Scandinavian, but culturally it seems closer than "mainland Europe"). And I think the cultural point he makes is probably the most interesting one, for me at least - I think I would feel more hesitant about being in a clothes-free situation with children around here in the UK, in the US, in central Europe, than in cultures where the lifestyle itself doesn't hold as much of a taboo.

Especially being an adult male, there's a stigma involved, that "what-if" question, which you can even see sometimes when you interact with children in a clothed setting - over here male teachers, support workers etc., are viewed with a base level of suspicion that doesn't accompany their female counterparts. And maybe this is justified, I don't really know. Certainly those professions are targeted by the small portion of the population who do have sinister motives, but of course that in no way equates to the conculsion that every male who interacts with children has them. The impression remains though, in terms in of the minds of the public at large.

I've been naked in situations with children around in Asia, and i'd hardly even notice they were there, because it's more culturally normal. However it didn't occur to me until I read the article that I'd probably think twice at least before entering the same situations over here, around strangers at least.

I can also understand his point about the owners of places in the west having more concerns about it, I imagine it's a lot easier from a legal perspective to just brand your business adults-only.

Good read anyway, thanks Danee :smiley:

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 11:55:21 am »
Interesting to hear this discussed from the Scandinavian perspective (I guess Denmark isn't technically Scandinavian . . .

If you are speaking strictly in a geographical sense then you are sort of correct.  But in terms of culture and linguistics Denmark is most certainly one of the three Scandinavian countries.

And I think the cultural point he makes is probably the most interesting one, for me at least - I think I would feel more hesitant about being in a clothes-free situation with children around here in the UK, in the US, in central Europe, than in cultures where the lifestyle itself doesn't hold as much of a taboo.

And that is very much a validation of the writer's point about the societal sexualization of the nude.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West