Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Winter Olympics 2014  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Winter Olympics 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 10:02:47 pm »
Quote from: AElf link=topic=17082

But if you take those figures and weight the medals as gold = 3 pts, silver = 2 & bronze = 3

What matters most: gold count, gold/silver count, total medal count or total points count?  It seems to me that it is all in the eye of the beholder, and it probably shouldn’t be.  Don’t sports have rules?

How does bronze equal 3? (Inb4 yes ik it was a typo)

I'm sure it all depends on what your country got that year, if you were to be ranked first using the first system in 2014 at the end you will use that system, if the first system puts you at fifth and the second system puts you at first in 2018, then you would claim that system as the true one for just that year
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:14:18 pm by Stephen »

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 02:28:00 pm »
Quote from: AElf link=topic=17082

But if you take those figures and weight the medals as gold = 3 pts, silver = 2 & bronze = 1

What matters most: gold count, gold/silver count, total medal count or total points count?  It seems to me that it is all in the eye of the beholder, and it probably shouldn’t be.  Don’t sports have rules?

How does bronze equal 3? (Inb4 yes ik it was a typo)

What are you talking about?

(No, seriously, thanks for catching the typo.)
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

fsjm2112

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 05:45:01 pm »
As a hockey fan, I enjoy watching the hockey. Besides that, the Snowboarding and skiing is pretty cool to watch. Not a huge fan of skating. Overall, I prefer the winter Olympics to the summer Olympics.

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 12:36:28 pm »
With all of the combination sports they seem to be adding to the winter Olympics I'd like to see them combine bobsledding with some form of skating . . . sort of like waterskiing where the skater would be towed behind the bobsleigh.

"Oh, Bob, look at that!"
"Yes Bill, bad break for the Russian team there.  They dropped their skater on the third turn."

"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Jackthenudist

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »
Britain have won another medal in the curling and equalled their best performance at a Winter Olympics with a MASSIVE... 3 medals.  :laugh:

We're in the final of the men's curling tomorrow so I've got something to support. :tongue:

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 03:27:41 am »
Today Canada won gold in the second most important Winter Olympic event (in a fairly dramatic fashion) and now Obama owes Harper a case of beer.  Tomorrow we'll see if we can qualify for gold in the most important one, and see if Obama will have to buy two cases.  But I have a bad feeling about that one.  Phil Kessel and JVR might just be too good, as a Canadian that sucks, but as a Leafs fan, it's kind of cool.

With all of the combination sports they seem to be adding to the winter Olympics I'd like to see them combine bobsledding with some form of skating . . . sort of like waterskiing where the skater would be towed behind the bobsleigh.

"Oh, Bob, look at that!"
"Yes Bill, bad break for the Russian team there.  They dropped their skater on the third turn."

That would be utterly insane.  It might be fun to watch in a morbid sort of way.  It would be total suicide for the skater in this case, as the g forces in the turns would throw them right out off the track, making the poor bastard as dead as that Georgian Luge slider back in 2010.  And if the bobsleigh crashes (and they crash a lot) and if the skater is able to hold on past the first turn they will be thrown into an sideways bobsleigh at 100 mph, making him (or her) very dead.

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 01:35:15 am »
That's two cases of beer from Obama now.  And Canada can now play for the most important medal on Sunday.

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 03:54:05 am »
Speaking of 'dead' let's not forget that this Olympics hasn't been bloodless.
Maria Komissarova (skier) suffered a broken and dislocated spine and has a long and difficult road ahead. Hopefully she will be alright but I wouldn't be surprised if she never skis again (or worse).

Go Canada!
And USA - good luck with your bronze medal match.

Offline mrj001

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 02:45:02 pm »
GOLD!!

Well, we didn't win the most gold medals this year.  We didn't even win the overall medal standings.  But our record gold medal count from 2010 still stands, and will for at least 4 more years.  But we did win the most important medal of the Olympics, and by the rules earlier established by the Russian sports commentators, we therefor win this years Olympics. 

Todays game wasn't nearly as dramatic as the women's game a couple days ago, with their dramatic and improbable come-form-behind victory.  But still damn good.  What was largely considered to be the best men's hockey team ever put together, at least on paper, turned out to be true.  Sure, the offence was surprisingly sparse, but the defence was almost perfect, allowing only 3 goals against, all Olympics, which as far as I know is unheard of.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:47:27 pm by mrj001 »

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 03:34:44 pm »
Congratulations all you C A N U D I E S!

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

INnudeguy

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 04:01:18 pm »
Good Going CANADA  :66664333

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 07:36:43 pm »
At the Winter Olympics games, France is better than the last Olympics Games with 15 medals  :cool:
I like the Olympics Games, but much more those summer  :tongue:
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.