Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Have you Bartled yourself?  (Read 1499 times)

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Have you Bartled yourself?
« on: February 11, 2014, 08:30:17 pm »
So today, just for the giggles, I took the “Bartle test of Gamer Psychology” at
http://www.gamerdna.com/quizzes/bartle-test-of-gamer-psychology

The test is a series of thirty questions generated randomly from a question bank.  Some of the questions are straightforward and some of them have no good answer, just a choice between two evils – I tried to choose the lesser of those if I could still answer honestly.

It turns out that I’m 93% Explorer, 67% Socializer, 33% Achiever & 7% Killer (. . . they don’t know me very well, do they?  I wonder what this says about me in the real world?  Kind of makes me look like a pub crawler . . . ) They tell me that I am “thoughtful, exploratory & social” but missed the obvious fact that I was also naked at the time . . . so what do they know?

If you haven’t Bartled yourself, what the results based on my scores purport to mean is:

It's not so much the wandering around and poking about, but that euphoric eureka moment the Explorer strives for. The joys of discovery do not necessarily involve geography, real or virtual. They may derive from the mental road less traveled, the uncovering of esoteric or hidden knowledge and it's creative application. Explorers make great theory crafters. The most infinitesimal bit of newness can deliver the most delicious zing to an Explorer.

Secondary influences:

Explorer Socializers are the glue of the online world. Not only do they like to delve in to find all the cool stuff, but they also enjoy sharing that knowledge with others. Explorer socializers power the wikis, maps, forums and theory craft sites of the gamer world.  [Gosh, I never realized how awesome I am . . . now I’m going to develop some sort of complex.]

Explorer Achievers have been there, done that and have the t-shirt...in fact they have a plethora of t-shirts, badges, trophies and other rewards. EAs are the completionists of the gamer world. They like to find new places, quests, easter eggs, unlocks, maps etc. and check them off as have, visited or beaten. Like real world travelers, EAs enjoy collecting memorabilia that helps them relive their experiences later.  [Not really true for me.  I’m one of those “less is more” people . . . so the 33% score seems to fit.]

Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.  [Hmm, apparently I lack the killer instinct, relying on my charm, wit and good looks instead . . . so far, so good.]

What about you?  Have you Bartled yourself?
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Have you Bartled yourself?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 10:31:54 pm »

Anyway, this is too MMORPG-heavy for me.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Shiden Kai

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 10:33:28 pm »
Just did.  Here are ze results:

I can't say I disagree with the results.  I'm a fairly well-rounded person with just a tinge of crazy. :D

The Killer motto:  "No enemy left standing!"

It's the thrill of the kill. Trophies are okay, but that momentary rush attained from besting an opponent is what it's all about.

People with high Killer scores prefer the player-versus-player aspect of any game more than anything offered by the environment. They relish the adrenaline and challenge of pitting themselves against real people. Not all Killers are gankers as some critics claim. While getting the jump on the unprepared for a quick kill is important fun for some Killers, many prefer group PvP and revel in a well executed team maneuver that blows away the opposing side.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:35:03 pm by Shiden Kai »

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 02:33:16 pm »
60% Socializer
53% Killer
47% Explorer
40% Achiever

It's not what you do, but who you know, how you are known and who loves you. People with high Socializer scores enjoy interacting with other people, forming bonds and finding cooperative solutions to the challenges within the virtual world.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 37
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 03:39:42 am »
Explorer with some murderous tendances... Eather out of interest on what they have on them or just because i felt the need to eliminate a potential threat.
Always seek Truth, dont let anything stop you.

Sweetski

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 06:45:13 am »

Well, this sounds just right to me.

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 08:30:09 am »

Anyway, this is too MMORPG-heavy for me.

:3145

I thought it would be more broard than that. I don't really play MMO's so it was difficult for me to answer some of the questions.

I got achiever. Though most of the questions were about whether I'm more interested in items or gossip.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.