Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Does anybody draw comics?  (Read 3064 times)

NatureForever

Does anybody draw comics?
« on: February 14, 2014, 03:26:43 am »
I've always loved drawing, but recently I've been drawing a lot of comics (not comic books) just for fun. A few of the series' I've been drawing are The Legend of Triangles, which is basically the Legend of Zelda from the point of view of the Triforce, each shard being a different character. My friends REALLY liked that one, but my personal favorite is one that I'm doing now called "The Confusing Adventures of Gintarr (pronounced Ghīn-tár, not Jintarr) and Lobo". Gintarr is the character in my profile pic that I'm about to set, and Lobo is Gintarr's pet. Lobo is some horse-like creature, but nobody can really figure out what the f*** he IS. Obviously, like any good character that's shrouded in mystery, he speaks some weird language only Gintarr can inexplicably understand. I'll post some pictures later. Does anyone else draw comics?

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Does anybody draw comics?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:26:29 am »
I think Karla does.

I have a vague recollection of some nudist comics she did, I might be wrong.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Local Moderator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 08:45:46 am »
I can't really draw but I did a few comics but for the life of me only vaguely what they were. I was more doodle the exercise book and draw characters for my short stories kind of guy.

I've got a wallet sized version (that's been through a few wallets) of creation of high school classmate called Zombie Girl a crazy looking girl with a bloody knife with the description Zombie Girl she'll eat your soul and everything else.

So I can't draw but like people who can
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:14:05 pm »
Would love to.

Shiden Kai

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 06:56:36 pm »
Used to. 

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 07:29:27 pm »
I dabbled in it.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

NatureForever

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 09:30:17 pm »
I'm not sure how well people can read it, but here's what they're saying:
Gintarr - Uhhh... Hi. Not really sure what to say here. (Next Panel) I'm Gintarr and that horse thing is my pet, Lobo. Don't ask me what he is. I have no clue. (Next panel)
Lobo - (Incoherent babbling)
Gintarr - Oh, that's right. He speaks some weird language that none of the readers can understand. (Next Panel) I can understand him, though. (Replying to Lobo) Yes, Lobo, we can all tell that this comic isn't very creative. (Next Panel) Yeeaahh. The comic doesn't make much sense. Hope you like this pilot strip, though. (Next Panel, responding to Lobo) Yes, because YOU'RE the Great Contributor, right?
END

Offline NudieDaniel

• Local Moderator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 11:25:54 pm »
I'm not sure how well people can read it, but here's what they're saying:
Gintarr - Uhhh... Hi. Not really sure what to say here. (Next Panel) I'm Gintarr and that horse thing is my pet, Lobo. Don't ask me what he is. I have no clue. (Next panel)
Lobo - (Incoherent babbling)
Gintarr - Oh, that's right. He speaks some weird language that none of the readers can understand. (Next Panel) I can understand him, though. (Replying to Lobo) Yes, Lobo, we can all tell that this comic isn't very creative. (Next Panel) Yeeaahh. The comic doesn't make much sense. Hope you like this pilot strip, though. (Next Panel, responding to Lobo) Yes, because YOU'RE the Great Contributor, right?
END

That's sounds like something I would write. Sometimes in mine one of the characters usually ones based around the real people start saying "I'm not saying this it's some.... from New Zealand this is all made up by him"

Nude Train Boy Matt that might make a nice new character :4345

He came all the way from America
He was going to see some dude called Daniel
And the Sound of Te Atatu had truly sacred ring

Forgive me Crowded House

closetnudist

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 01:03:21 am »
I remember in Adventure Time, the horse creature named Raincorn speaks in Korean.. Why not let Lobo speaks Tagalog.

NatureForever

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 02:42:17 am »
I'm currently drawing a new comic about my spring break. It's hilarious, as dictated by EVERYBODY.

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 02:59:47 am »
yes, I draw, but I'm not very good

started drawing in September 2004. about some superheroes, the story made no sense

it evolved into the life of 2 characters at a superhero school, yes this is the same school that has superheroes and nudists being drafted to fight in World War 3

sadly, a lot of the comics and spinoffs of become very political (even though I belie I do a good job just making fun of politics)

when I decide to start drawing again the stories will take place after the war and them trying to be normal

Offline puppiesrawesome

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 04:16:57 am »
My best friend is really good at drawing. She watches a lot of anime and she can draw like nobody's business. She sent me one thing she free-handed and i couldnt believe she did it freehand. Idk if she draws comics but im sure she would be good at it. I'd try to get her to join here to discuss it but ive already told her about nudism and she said she is ok that im a nudist but she wouldn't be one so oh well. But ya shes a really good artist. She dances too so maybe shes just a really art-sy person

Offline cinzano

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 11:56:46 am »
Interesting drawings. I think you should consider to digitize it to make it easier for you to share your creation
 :66664333
My eyes are up here

NatureForever

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 08:46:40 pm »
My best friend is really good at drawing. She watches a lot of anime and she can draw like nobody's business. She sent me one thing she free-handed and i couldnt believe she did it freehand. Idk if she draws comics but im sure she would be good at it. I'd try to get her to join here to discuss it but ive already told her about nudism and she said she is ok that im a nudist but she wouldn't be one so oh well. But ya shes a really good artist. She dances too so maybe shes just a really art-sy person
I'm not saying your friend isn't a good artist, but animé art is a really, really easy style of art to learn and draw. Given that, it tends to be a bit misleading, but there is still the distinction between raw, artistic talent and common skill with animé. It heavily emphasizes the focus on the hair and eyes and utilizes straight lines for everything else. Once again, I'm not saying I'm better than she is, I'm just saying it can be slightly misleading to someone who doesn't already have a decent amount of experience with drawing.

Offline NudieDaniel

• Local Moderator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 12:05:44 am »
I got an 8 year to do a landscape for me sadly he didn't bring any pencils and checking my pencil case my good ones seemed to have disappeared so I gave him meaning I decided he'd do a back of the envelope literally using an A3 envelope so no worries about mistakes. He drew the hills alright but got made his viaduct curve to big pushing stuff out of the drawing that should be there and finally he needs to work on his trees.

So what do you guys think, the kid's got promise :wink: