Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: La Genese  (Read 3524 times)

Sweetski

La Genese
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:42:13 pm »
Domaine La Genèse Is a wonderful campsite opposite La Sabliere (see other thread) on the river Cèze. Due to its location in a gorge, the evenings and nights can become quite chill during off-season. (the sun then soon sets behind the cliffs).

I've stayed at the 'sauvage' section, or wild campsite which meant there was more space, no electricity and just an overall more natural feel to it. There's also e fully facilitated area complete with neat kept lanes and stuff. Although there's a pool and sauna, most likely you'll be swimming in the river. Because there's Sabliere on the other side of the river, together with Genèse you can go on extensive hikes through the lush growth of both Domains. And you can hike up to a little ruin up the cliff.

I very much liked the restaurant that offered quality food for a reasonable price. The facilities (such as bathrooms, showers) were okay, but I wasn't expecting luxury accommodation to start with. The people were of all ages and during dinner you could strike up a conversation with anybody. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and am looking forward to returning this summer.
One note though; finding the campsite for the first time was a bit of a hassle. My GPS navigator kept sending me to the 'wrong' side of the river. Sure, I was close... but my car would not be able to make it across the river. Finding a way over the river to La Genèse cost me a couple of hours extra on the road Pffff.

The gorge

Part of the 'Sauvage' area
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:52:52 pm by Sweetski »

fsjm2112

Re: La Genese
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 05:00:10 pm »
Looks awesome! I love when forest floors are cleaned and well kept.  :e2w

Offline Beinnz

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:46:51 pm »
I was in sablière last year, don't know about this campsite, but the region is perfect!

Offline rosed

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:43:53 pm »
 :e4444

Just watched their promotional video and a little bit different from what I would expect from a naturist campsite (a little bit different, but in a good sense, it reminded me that facebook's life video everyone was posting at the beginning of 2014)

So how did you know about this place? What is the proportion of nacionalities there (french vs other countries)?

Sweetski

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:17:49 pm »
I was in sablière last year, don't know about this campsite, but the region is perfect!
Wow... that's amazing. Didn't you cross the river when you were at Sablière, or did you just assume the nude people on the other side also were staying at Sablière? Did you hike up to the ruin? It is on the Sablière side after all. And you're absolutely right: the region is Gorgeous ;-)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:22:53 pm by Sweetski »

Sweetski

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 10:18:50 pm »
Looks awesome! I love when forest floors are cleaned and well kept.  :e2w
Looks awesome, and IS awesome :) The grounds are kept clean, but that is also due to the nature of naturists.. I mean, aren't we a bunch of tree-hugging nature lovers that don't litter?  :345678

Sweetski

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 10:28:54 pm »
:e4444

Just watched their promotional video and a little bit different from what I would expect from a naturist campsite (a little bit different, but in a good sense, it reminded me that facebook's life video everyone was posting at the beginning of 2014)

So how did you know about this place? What is the proportion of nacionalities there (french vs other countries)?
I must have missed that video, I'll be looking for it on the site. I'm sorry to say I cannot exactly tell you where all the guest came from, but I spoke with folks from Netherlands, Germany and UK, although the majority was French I guess.

Offline lintu

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 10:33:50 pm »
I've already been in La Sablière but never in La Genèse. Yeah, they seem to look quite similar, with splendid nature surroundings.  :smiley:
Usually, in French naturist resorts, besides French people, foreigners are mostly Dutch, German or British.