Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: VH1 Orders 'Naked Dating' Series  (Read 2125 times)

Offline King Pizza

• I'm too blessed to be dressed ><N>
  • Shouting it out loud
  • unstressed = undressed; no curse means no clothes
  • Referrals: 7
    • My Linktree
VH1 Orders 'Naked Dating' Series
« on: February 19, 2014, 01:48:29 am »
I was browsing the internet and I saw this story http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vh1-orders-naked-dating-series-680908. I think it's kinda interesting that VH1 is doing a series containing nudity in it now; I've only seen Naked and Afraid on the Discovery channel, which I must say I enjoyed. I'm worried however that VH1 will try and play up the sex angle since this is a show about dating and try to harm the naturist message, but I guess we'll have to see how it goes. Who else has heard about this/ interested in seeing it?
John 8:32 Truth=freedom
><> (Christianity) + Naturism = ><N> Christian Naturist
"We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world"- Justice A. Scalia
Once we existed in colonies; now, we are free. ><N>
Proud to be an American Conservative Nudist

lvxandlight

Re: VH1 Orders 'Naked Dating' Series
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 03:42:27 am »
Since when does dating in any fashion not include the underlining concept of sexuality?

I quote this from the article: "We created this show based on marrying a provocative idea with a back to basics philosophy. With all the dating options in the world, what happens if you take one man and woman and strip them of all their pretenses?" Schultz said. "VH1 immediately understood our vision and is a fantastic partner on a show that uses a social experiment to provide a fun and entertaining look into how men and women interact when they bare all."

At the very "worst," you'll see two people who look at each other, tell each other their names (if that), then one will ask the other if he/she would like to find a room, and then they'll smash uglies.

At the very best, this social experiment will send a positive message which states that maybe the virtues of dating don't lie in looks or physical properties of your partner but rather in the morals and shared values between both individuals.

Lo and behold, it'll be no different from any other dating show, whether the contestants just want a piece or a piece of mind.

Offline crasher35

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:57:23 pm »
That sounds great! I might actually watch that!

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:09:57 pm »
I agree with cpen that the show will probably play up to a sexual angle but I dont think non-naturists will make a link to naturism so I dont think will affect our image.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline TrialMonkey

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:34:06 am »
It's VH1, so I expect a bunch of judgmental/juvenile reactions outright. It would be a shame if it turned into "He was cute but his penis looked funny" or "I liked her but her boobs where a little uneven".

I am glad that another show is using the naked 'angle' and hope they do it well. I feel like it was well handled in "Naked and Afraid", and hope the new show will be similarly enlightening and not degrading. It could hurt naturalism if people see a bunch of others being judged harshly and avoid nude situations as a result.

fsjm2112

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 03:45:05 am »
It's VH1, so I expect a bunch of judgmental/juvenile reactions outright. It would be a shame if it turned into "He was cute but his penis looked funny" or "I liked her but her boobs where a little uneven".

I am glad that another show is using the naked 'angle' and hope they do it well. I feel like it was well handled in "Naked and Afraid", and hope the new show will be similarly enlightening and not degrading. It could hurt naturalism if people see a bunch of others being judged harshly and avoid nude situations as a result.
Seems like their is an increase in shows involving naked people. Maybe an increasing trend/interest in naturism..? I hope!

Offline MustardHo!

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 08:44:23 am »

Seems like their is an increase in shows involving naked people. Maybe an increasing trend/interest in naturism..? I hope!
More likely just an increase in what they feel they can get away with on TV, and nudity of any kind sells - look at how many people watched Naked and Afraid who'd never even normally watch that kind of show.

I'm usually pretty skeptical of shows like this, I mean I just have to assume the people in charge are really doing it for the $$ rather than any interest in social change- it's all about the benjamins baby :345

fsjm2112

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 05:05:04 am »

More likely just an increase in what they feel they can get away with on TV, and nudity of any kind sells - look at how many people watched Naked and Afraid who'd never even normally watch that kind of show.

I'm usually pretty skeptical of shows like this, I mean I just have to assume the people in charge are really doing it for the $$ rather than any interest in social change- it's all about the benjamins baby :345
Yup, thats the entertainment industry for you.

Offline NudistMetalHead

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 12:16:12 pm »
After reading the article, I can only draw one conclusion:  This is a train wreck waiting to happen.
"Don't talk to strangers 'cause they're only there to do you harm"- Ronnie James Dio