Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cap D'Agde  (Read 3452 times)

Offline gorgelover

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Cap D'Agde
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:35:48 am »
I came across this article (about a naturist village in france) and thought it might be of interest to some of the people here.

(I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere on the site.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/16/cap-dagde-france-nude_n_4774625.html?utm_hp_ref=travel

Offline AElf

• Free range naked Færie Princess
  • Female Chat
  • Naturist Superhero
Re: Cap D'Agde
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:01:39 pm »
I'm not sure if this particular article has been posted before, so thanks for that.

But a word of warning about Cap d'Agde . . . there has been a lot of heated controversy about the place.  Apparently it started out as a naturist resort but has at times been invaded by libertines of one sort or another, causing both the local folks and the real naturists to recoil in horror.   Their representations have caused the gendarmes to move in and make arrests for gross public indecency, or whatever the equivalent is under French law. 

I am unsure concerning Cap d'Agde's current situation so if anyone has ACTUALLY BEEN THERE recently we would welcome a clear-eyed view of the situation.
"Mankind is a frigid and ashamed creature. If we cannot deal with the basics of nudity then how on earth are we to make it in the world?" Naked Imp

"Don't make me release my flying monkeys" Elphaba Thropp, the Wicked Witch of the West

Offline nackerpatzi

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 05:41:47 pm »
Would a report of September 2013 be interesting?

mikeisnude

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 08:00:36 pm »
Would a report of September 2013 be interesting?

I'd find it interesting, very much so.

Offline gorgelover

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:08:32 pm »
Aelf, thanks for providing that context -- I was not aware of that.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 06:54:48 am »
thanks for sharing
nude is natural

DoozerUK

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 08:37:21 am »
In 2005 they filled in their main swimming pools and built a swingers nightclub.

Pretty much sums up the direction they wanted to go in.

Offline nackerpatzi

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 11:12:50 am »
I was in September 2013 with my gf in cda. CDA has two faces. The one of normal nudists and the one of swingers. Noone forces you to do anything. If you want to be dressed keep your clothes on. If you want to be naked be nude. The real cool thing about cda is you can be nude whereever you want. So with perfect weather you only need your toothbrush and a credit card for your holiday.
I mean did you ever go nude shopping clothes or in the supermarket? in cda you can.
What you should think about is where you are going to sleep. There are several apartment complexes on the area. Depending on which you choose you will encounter more or less noise and swingers during the night. Our apartment was close to the campsite and so it was very silent and there were no swingers. The same applies to the beach. The whole beach up to the beach bar in the east is great for nudists but beyond the bar the swinger area begins. So if you don't want to see this don't go there. Everybody knows that so it is easy to choose.
Same in the evening. There are normal restaurants with very good food. But if you enter one of those swinger clubs don't complain about seeing people having intercourse.
What is really different is that there are so many swinger clubs and some people tend to wear erotic clothing at least some of them.
At the campsite it is prohibited to wear genital piercings so if you want to bring your kids make sure to sleep on the campsite or don't go out at night with them as far as they are not able to understand what is going on there.
What you always should remember even an erotic dressed person is still a nice person that has feelings and it can be very nice talking to them. We saw groups of people mixed in age and dresscode and all had non sexual fun - eating drinking dancing. The difference is in the "normal" world an 60 year old person would never dress sexy because he/she would feel strange. In CDA nobody cares for the dresscode or better yes they care and appreciate your courage.
So yes there is more sex than at the begin of CDA and yes there was trouble with the police but all of this happens in areas everybody knows so it is easy to decide what type of holiday you want to spend in CDA. We will come back again in a few years. Further questions?

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 03:36:22 am »
Thank-you for that Nacker!
Those are the kind of reports we value most - first-hand, balanced, open-minded and current.
Thanks a million.

There has been quite a bit of Cap bashing on naturist forums and I never understood it as I always believed (and now I know) that the swingers maintained their own space and naturists need not really encounter lewdness if they don't want to.

For my part - I would probably make my home base in the family area as I do enjoy quietude especially when I'm trying to sleep but I'd probably also explore the other side and I certainly wouldn't get my panties nude knickers nads in a knot if I encountered blatant sexuality at Cap.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:38:01 am by ToneBender »