Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Tableau Vivant of The Delirium Constructions - Skylight One Hanson, 2011  (Read 3047 times)

luvthemgiants

This may not be everyone's idea of a good time, but this is a beautiful piece. Have a look, have a read, have a listen. Its beautiful to to the eyes and ears:

Two years in the making, on May 23rd and 24th of 2011, Sarah Small and collaborators mounted a 120-participant Tableau at the former Williamsburg Savings Bank, now known as Skylight One Hanson. Chosen as one of Time Out New York's Top Critic's Picks, and listed in the New York Times, Flavorpill and more, this performance had the attention of many, long before the cast took the stage. Maintaining it's roots in her still photography series, The Delirium Constructions, and already the most ambitious project of her career, in 2011, for the first time, Small explored, within the Tableau Vivant, a specific social phenomenon: the ritual of marriage. With its airs of pageantry and religious rectitude, wedding ceremonies celebrate the most intimate joining of two individuals in the most public sphere, providing rich fodder for examination within the project’s framework. On the evenings of May 23rd and 24th, Small acted as the legal officiant for three couples (two weddings and a vow renewal ceremony), as she simultaneously directed the attendant Tableau Vivant cast in their own explorations of the theme, mingling performance art with reality in a compelling cocktail.

Small and collaborators received a stellar review from The New York Times and were featured on both the front and back covers of the Sunday Art section of the The Washington Post. Among many others, the event had press in attendance from both local and international media, including Italy's Virgin TV.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:53:22 pm by Jay G »

Offline gorgelover

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Tableau Vivant of The Delirium Constructions - Skylight One Hanson, 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:17:30 pm »
Thanks very much for that.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:56:08 am »
 :e4444 I  think its very creative
nude is natural

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:53:42 am »
You never know who you will see - do you?

There is an old friend, from school, who appears in this video.  We lost touch when she went to London to study music (voice) - now I see her naked on the big screen.  Which is odd as she was a very timid girl at school.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
I have just come across this video myself. I was going to post it here too so good thing I checked first  :tongue:

I don't normally like opera/musicals and things like that but I kind of enjoyed watching this. I thought it was pretty cool and I was so relieved that there was nothing too sexual about it.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.