Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Domaine La Petite Brenne  (Read 7148 times)

Sweetski

Domaine La Petite Brenne
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:51:05 pm »
In 2012 in toured around France and Domaine La Petite Brenne is one of the naturist campsite I stayed on. It's in the department 'centre' (below Paris, but still top half of France) and is in a nature reserve. The grounds are well kept, the buildings well maintained and there are plenty of activity areas. They have a beautiful library, a well equipped music room, two pools (one of them is indoors), several terraces (one with grapes for the pick), a fishing pond and lots and lots of room; the total area is 42 hectares. There are three hiking/trail routes laid out that'll take you through lush tree covered lanes, open fields, passed stables and through a brook. La petit Brenne offers an array of activities like horseback riding, mosaics workshops, sculpture classes, circus, sports events, the list goes on and on. The community center doubles as restaurant and they serve a fantastic meal. It's a camping for all ages, but teens might find it a bit boring, unless they love horseback riding. Here are some photo's:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:54:52 pm by Sweetski »

Sweetski

Re: Domaine La Petite Brenne
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:05:39 am »
That is very beautiful country, and I hope that I can visit places like that sooner rather than later.  :cry:
What's keeping you from visiting them now?

Offline rosed

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 03:06:13 am »
 :e4444

I begin to think that you spent more time in France than another country in the year.

A little bit Gaudinian isn't it?

Sweetski

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:18:08 am »
:e4444

I begin to think that you spent more time in France than another country in the year.

A little bit Gaudinian isn't it?
haha, I soon will post a review about Spanish nudist beaches too, and some Dutch sites I've been to. But yeah, France has a more widely accepted naturism culture and besides that, I'm somewhat of a Francophile :)

I see what you mean by Gaudinian. One of the regular guests (who's like almost staff there now) is an avid mosaic maker. And the bench by the pool, with it's curves does indeed remind me of Gaudi's park.

Offline rosed

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 02:41:22 am »
Up to the moment I found your reviews interestings, so I look forward to read about the beaches in Spain. Maybe I will learn something new about my own country ! :wink:

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 03:05:33 am »
Great report Sweetski! I (and I believe generally we) love getting these kinds of reports and I thank you for posting it.

If anyone else has any travel reports or naturist experiences they'd like to post - please do as they enrich us all and make IYNO that much more valuable as a resource.

Sweetski

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 07:58:56 am »
Up to the moment I found your reviews interestings, so I look forward to read about the beaches in Spain. Maybe I will learn something new about my own country ! :wink:
Thank you. It's through foreigner's eyes I've learned much about the Netherlands. People from abroad always have a different view/perspective on your country. So yeah, who knows, you might learn a thing or two,  :786
Great report Sweetski! I (and I believe generally we) love getting these kinds of reports and I thank you for posting it.
If anyone else has any travel reports or naturist experiences they'd like to post - please do as they enrich us all and make IYNO that much more valuable as a resource.
Thank you for the compliment Tony, I'll be sure to post more reviews. Too bad the uploading of photos is a bit of a hassle :(

Offline nitram

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:52:06 pm »
It's in the department 'centre' (below Paris, but still top half of France)
I'm going to be a pain in the ass, but it's the Indre department in the Centre Region  :wink: [size=78%].[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]This is one of the [/size]numerous[size=78%] naturist campings held by Dutch in France.[/size][size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]Sven, I'd like to know if you're aware of some comments French naturists do about such campings [/size][size=78%] :lipsrsealed:  ... I ignore if it's a sensitive issue for Dutch naturists  :embarrassed: [/size][size=78%].[/size]

Sweetski

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 12:18:11 am »
It's in the department 'centre' (below Paris, but still top half of France)
I'm going to be a pain in the ass, but it's the Indre department in the Centre Region  :wink:
This is one of the numerous naturist campings held by Dutch in France.
Sven, I'd like to know if you're aware of some comments French naturists do about such campings :lipsrsealed:  ... I ignore if it's a sensitive issue for Dutch naturists  :embarrassed:
You're absolutely right Martin..., I always get my departments and regions mixed up  :tongue:
I'm not aware of what some French say about Dutch run campsites. Please enlighten me  :smiley:

Offline nitram

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 11:51:13 am »
Some French say that they don't feel this comfortable in Dutch-owned campings and the ones where you're the majority of the clientele.

Because most Dutch wouldn't make an effort to speak French. Some camping's websites are poorly written in French. And, as you may know, the average French has a poor command of English. All this limits interaction. It's not a very big issue for small children, who manage to play together in spite of language barriers. But for teens and young adults, for example, it can be boring not having people to spend time with.

A ghettoization follows. French aware of this avoid Dutch campings, which is the case of a friend of mine (besides age gap and expensive prices). For example, in the Midi-Pyrénnées region (Southwestern France), there are 9 "French" resorts and 6 "Dutch."

So, as I said, I ignore what Dutch would think about all this situation.

Moreover, it makes me think about other stuff. The development of naturist beach and sun tourism in France and Spain is in part indebted to German tourists (more info here), whose free body culture sparked important developments in capitalist naturism in those countries.

The Dutch model, where you set up campings for Dutch, prevents you from exerting a German-like influence outside your country, as you don't stir together this much with nationals.

Of course, I don't know everything about this, hein  :wink:  Only preliminary thoughts.

Offline softynude

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 01:30:56 pm »
Wonderful place ! really worth visiting , thanks for sharing
*“Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.”

Sweetski

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 09:59:40 pm »
Some French say that they don't feel this comfortable in Dutch-owned campings and the ones where you're the majority of the clientele.

Because most Dutch wouldn't make an effort to speak French. Some camping's websites are poorly written in French. And, as you may know, the average French has a poor command of English. All this limits interaction. It's not a very big issue for small children, who manage to play together in spite of language barriers. But for teens and young adults, for example, it can be boring not having people to spend time with.

A ghettoization follows. French aware of this avoid Dutch campings, which is the case of a friend of mine (besides age gap and expensive prices). For example, in the Midi-Pyrénnées region (Southwestern France), there are 9 "French" resorts and 6 "Dutch."

Moreover, it makes me think about other stuff. The development of naturist beach and sun tourism in France and Spain is in part indebted to German tourists (more info here), whose free body culture sparked important developments in capitalist naturism in those countries.

The Dutch model, where you set up campings for Dutch, prevents you from exerting a German-like influence outside your country, as you don't stir together this much with nationals.

Of course, I don't know everything about this, hein  :wink:  Only preliminary thoughts.
Let me tell you Martin, even I don't feel as comfortable on a Dutch only campsite as I would on better mixed or even all French site or resort. I agree that many Dutch people don't speak French, or even bother to try. Perhaps that's why I'm often embraced (mentally anyway) on French campsites. Though my French is far from perfect or fluent, at least I always make an effort and it's good enough to get me by on vacation. I find the atmosphere on French site much more relaxed and they're slightly less expensive.
To be honest, the Germans do tend towards colonization too, when on vacation. With restaurants having menus in German, serving German dishes and German bakers offering Specialties they are accustomed to at home. But perhaps that's like having a chippy (fish&chips stand) or Irish pub in tourist resorts too?

Sweetski

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 10:03:42 pm »
Wonderful place ! really worth visiting , thanks for sharing
You're welcome. It was my pleasure posting it.

Offline rosed

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 05:57:39 am »

Let me tell you Martin, even I don't feel as comfortable on a Dutch only campsite as I would on better mixed or even all French site or resort. I agree that many Dutch people don't speak French, or even bother to try. Perhaps that's why I'm often embraced (mentally anyway) on French campsites. Though my French is far from perfect or fluent, at least I always make an effort and it's good enough to get me by on vacation. I find the atmosphere on French site much more relaxed and they're slightly less expensive.
To be honest, the Germans do tend towards colonization too, when on vacation. With restaurants having menus in German, serving German dishes and German bakers offering Specialties they are accustomed to at home. But perhaps that's like having a chippy (fish&chips stand) or Irish pub in tourist resorts too?

I agree in some degree. As Martin introducted Spanish naturism tourism evolution I will only add that as far as I know, most of the naturist campings in Spain, their target are not the locals but the people from outside, mainly germans, so this guetto phenomena also happens but whith germans... well I might be wrong as I talk in my own subjective perspective but well, it's the Internet where everybody give opinions about things they don't know  :wink:

Sweetski

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 07:23:43 am »
well I might be wrong as I talk in my own subjective perspective but well, it's the Internet where everybody give opinions about things they don't know  :wink:
Don't you just love the internet  :345678 Freedom for all!  :786